27,696 total conversations in 1,731 threads

+ New Thread

How does KYM's image feature work?

Last posted Jan 22, 2011 at 07:08AM EST. Added Jan 21, 2011 at 02:32AM EST
7 posts from 4 users

Uploading images = I already know
Adding tags = I already know
Using the photo codes = I think I know
Adding an existing image to another article's image gallery = How?
Editing images after upload = How?
Deleting images = How?
Others = Please inform me

Jiminy wrote:

Uploading images = I already know
Adding tags = I already know
Using the photo codes = I think I know
Adding an existing image to another article's image gallery = How?
Editing images after upload = How?
Deleting images = How?
Others = Please inform me

I saw that you tried to use the photo page's url in a url upload. You need to use the url of the actual photo; go to a photo page and click the photo to get to the photo itself.

You can't edit a photo after you upload it, but you can delete a photo and re-upload if you want. If you're the uploader of a photo, you should see a "remove" button all the way at the top of the photo's page.

I've often thought that this should be an allowable feature, as there are many images that are really a combination of several memes. This might require a revamping of the underlying database structure, however, which could be a big problem for the developers. I do think it might be nice to be able to take a picture that is not associated with a meme and create an association. I have on several occasions uploaded a picture and realized later that it really should have been associated with a particular page.

Brucker wrote:

I've often thought that this should be an allowable feature, as there are many images that are really a combination of several memes. This might require a revamping of the underlying database structure, however, which could be a big problem for the developers. I do think it might be nice to be able to take a picture that is not associated with a meme and create an association. I have on several occasions uploaded a picture and realized later that it really should have been associated with a particular page.

I can do that manually if you request it but it's not something the users can do.

Brucker wrote:

Yeah, maybe adding a "suggest association" button of sorts would be a good idea just like the "Suggest a Change" button.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Yo Yo! You must login or signup first!