Forums / Maintenance / Report Problems

27,691 total conversations in 1,731 threads

+ New Thread

Editing Comments

Last posted Feb 02, 2011 at 08:29PM EST. Added Jan 28, 2011 at 04:55PM EST
7 posts from 6 users

I must say, it is incredibly frustrating when you comment on a submission, and then you realize you have something else to add. It will get pretty annoying for anyone reading the comments to see the same person commenting over and over again in order to add more. You could copy your post, delete it, and make a new one, but if someone commented afterward, it would look very confusing to anyone reading, because it would look out of order chronologically and it would look like the person told the future.

What I am proposing is that we should be able to edit our comments. This could work the same way as editing posts on the forums (iirc, we can only edit within 10 minutes of posting). It would be so much more convenient for both the commenter and the reader. Please take this into consideration.

Edit: I misspelled editing in the thread title. :|

Last edited Jan 28, 2011 at 04:58PM EST

Philip J. Fry wrote:

I must say, it is incredibly frustrating when you comment on a submission, and then you realize you have something else to add. It will get pretty annoying for anyone reading the comments to see the same person commenting over and over again in order to add more. You could copy your post, delete it, and make a new one, but if someone commented afterward, it would look very confusing to anyone reading, because it would look out of order chronologically and it would look like the person told the future.

What I am proposing is that we should be able to edit our comments. This could work the same way as editing posts on the forums (iirc, we can only edit within 10 minutes of posting). It would be so much more convenient for both the commenter and the reader. Please take this into consideration.

Edit: I misspelled editing in the thread title. :|

I second this getting put in.

Troll King wrote:

Yeah. Stoffe is pretty obnoxious.

But that's beside the point.

I think that's not a bad idea, although I will point out that if you make a comment and then wish to add to it, you can always erase the original comment and start over.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Yo! You must login or signup first!