Forums / Maintenance / Report Problems

13,996 total conversations in 1,018 threads

+ New Thread

Unsubscribe button

Last posted Feb 13, 2011 at 08:21PM EST. Added Feb 12, 2011 at 02:23AM EST
15 posts from 6 users

I don’t know about anyone else, but I’ve noticed that the unsubscribe button at the top of threads doesn’t do anything when I push it. I’m posting this here to find out if others have this problem, and if so to (a) suggest someone look into fixing it, and (b) point out a handy simple work around:

When I want to unsubscribe, I go to the checkbox under the “Post a reply” box, uncheck it, enter a single space into the text field, and hit “Post!” Nothing is posted, but the thread is unsubscribed.

Feb 12, 2011 at 02:23AM EST

Yeah, same button. The check box at the bottom does something, but the button at the top seems to do nothing.

Feb 12, 2011 at 06:35PM EST

It should be working now.

You can also manage your subscriptions at http://knowyourmeme.com/subscriptions (linked from your dashboard).

Feb 12, 2011 at 08:28PM EST

Tested it, and it still doesn’t seem to be doing what it’s supposed to, although I see a little animation at the top of the page indicating that something is happening, which I don’t recall before.

[Edit: and am I the only one seeing my text this small?]

Last edited Feb 12, 2011 at 09:37PM EST
Feb 12, 2011 at 09:33PM EST

Brucker wrote:

Tested it, and it still doesn’t seem to be doing what it’s supposed to, although I see a little animation at the top of the page indicating that something is happening, which I don’t recall before.

[Edit: and am I the only one seeing my text this small?]

No, I see it small. It happened to me a while back, but only for my last sentence.

Feb 13, 2011 at 01:37AM EST

When you’re subscribed to a thread, you should receive an email for every reply.
Are you checking the email address that you used to sign up for the site?

Feb 13, 2011 at 02:21PM EST

Would be nice if yo guys had a unsubscribe all.

Feb 13, 2011 at 06:25PM EST

No, I understand how subscriptions work. I’m subscribed to this thread, and I have been getting e-mails for it. The personal issue I’ve had is that one gets automatically subscribed to a thread that one starts, and I usually don’t want that. If it’s an option, unsubscribing with a single click would be nice. If I have to go to http://knowyourmeme.com/subscriptions every time, so be it, but it’s weird to have a button that does nothing.

Feb 13, 2011 at 06:29PM EST

Sweatie Killer wrote:

Would be nice if yo guys had a unsubscribe all.

True.

Feb 13, 2011 at 06:49PM EST

Brucker wrote:

No, I understand how subscriptions work. I’m subscribed to this thread, and I have been getting e-mails for it. The personal issue I’ve had is that one gets automatically subscribed to a thread that one starts, and I usually don’t want that. If it’s an option, unsubscribing with a single click would be nice. If I have to go to http://knowyourmeme.com/subscriptions every time, so be it, but it’s weird to have a button that does nothing.

When you click subscribe/unsubscribe do you not get any kind of feedback at all? The button text is supposed to change and a javascript alert is supposed to pop up to confirm the action. I just tried it out on this thread and it works for me.

Feb 13, 2011 at 07:03PM EST

Maybe my computer is having Javascript problems? Just tried it again (Firefox 3.6, BTW), and still nothing. If it’s working for some people, it must be me in some way I guess.

Feb 13, 2011 at 08:03PM EST

Interesting, I just tried it one more time for good measure, and not only did it not unsubscribe me, but it kicked me out to the main page.

Feb 13, 2011 at 08:14PM EST

Chris Menning wrote:

Mine’s working fine in Chrome.

It’s working for me as well, now.

Feb 13, 2011 at 08:21PM EST
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Yo Yo! You must login or signup first!