Forums / Maintenance / Suggest Ideas

6,920 total conversations in 569 threads

+ New Thread

Member's Walls

Last posted Jun 13, 2011 at 01:58PM EDT. Added Jun 12, 2011 at 02:26PM EDT
19 posts from 8 users

I think we should be able to take down spam or other comments we don't want on our walls if we want to. I really would like to play some music on my wall, but I have to wait until Dane's autoplay is pushed down into the next page. Being able to delete certain posts (Or at the very least turn off autoplays other members posted) On your walls would take some of the hassle out of having to either spam your wall or wait a couple days. Can we make this possible?

The general rule is that you don't post autoplay on anything other than your own page. If you want that taken care of, talk to an admin.

But I agree that in some cases, it would be nice to be able to delete other comments on our wall, or at least hide them.

You go to a youtube video, press the "Share" Button, then press the "Embed" Button, check the "Use old code" Box, Copypasta the code in the box, and then look for " US" ", Before that will be a code with the beginning being "&", ex out everything inbetween " US" " and "&" And replace with "Autoplay=1". There are two of those areas, so find both and add this in both of them.

I'm not fond of autoplay, either. My understanding is that it's fairly difficult to disable?

I'd like to allow users to delete comments from their wall, as well as ban users from posting on theirs.

Are there any other functions you guys would like to see on your profile pages?

I'm fine with auto plays as long as you can pause them and there's no more than one, I just set an auto play on my wall so to remove it right when I did my first would suck! XD

Last edited Jun 12, 2011 at 08:45PM EDT

Olivia Gulin wrote:

I'm not fond of autoplay, either. My understanding is that it's fairly difficult to disable?

I'd like to allow users to delete comments from their wall, as well as ban users from posting on theirs.

Are there any other functions you guys would like to see on your profile pages?

Ban users from posting on theirs? What does that mean?

Piano wrote:

Ban users from posting on theirs? What does that mean?

I think it means that you can keep certain users from posting on your wall.
For instance, don't want Troll_Hater 3.0 posting on your wall? Ban him from your profile.

>Autoplays
I'm not a huge fan of it.
My browser disables them, but they can still be annoying when I'm not on this computer.
Also, it can be abused when people dislike a certain user- and they spam really loud, really annoying autoplays on that user's wall on purpose.
Intelligent discourse yay

>Custom Backgrounds
Not a big fan of this because this is why people hate myspace.
A better alternative, imo, is to have a limited set of color themes that aren't offensive to the eye that people can choose from.

>Removing comments
Because autoplays shouldn't be posted on walls other than your own, in the first place, i think that the removal of comments is something that could possibly be left to the admins.
I hate it personally when people censor comments on YouTube or Facebook to misrepresent what is being said.
Then again, it might be necessary, so I'm neutral.

>Banning users from posting on your wall
Somewhat in favor of this one, since unlike "removing comments"- you aren't deleting just a select few, but instead its an "all or nothing." But leaning on neutral.

Ogreenworld wrote:

>Autoplays
I'm not a huge fan of it.
My browser disables them, but they can still be annoying when I'm not on this computer.
Also, it can be abused when people dislike a certain user- and they spam really loud, really annoying autoplays on that user's wall on purpose.
Intelligent discourse yay

>Custom Backgrounds
Not a big fan of this because this is why people hate myspace.
A better alternative, imo, is to have a limited set of color themes that aren't offensive to the eye that people can choose from.

>Removing comments
Because autoplays shouldn't be posted on walls other than your own, in the first place, i think that the removal of comments is something that could possibly be left to the admins.
I hate it personally when people censor comments on YouTube or Facebook to misrepresent what is being said.
Then again, it might be necessary, so I'm neutral.

>Banning users from posting on your wall
Somewhat in favor of this one, since unlike "removing comments"- you aren't deleting just a select few, but instead its an "all or nothing." But leaning on neutral.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Howdy! You must login or signup first!