Forums / Maintenance / Suggest Ideas

4,172 total conversations in 255 threads

+ New Thread

Forum games killing JFF.

Last posted Jul 09, 2011 at 10:57AM EDT. Added Jul 08, 2011 at 01:12PM EDT
15 posts from 9 users

No offense to forum games, I’m sure they are great, but can’t they like you know die off once and awhile or get their own category, they tend to just bump everything to the bottom.

Jul 08, 2011 at 01:12PM EDT

Taryn wrote:

JFF was already dead

Jul 08, 2011 at 01:25PM EDT

I agree to a certain extent. Games like ban the person above you or try to count to 1000 are pointless space wasters. Think what you want of my game, but I think it is one of the few that has merit and content.
Making a seperate forum for games isn’t a terrible idea, considering how many of them there are and how often people post in them, but I doubt it will ever happen. Better to make new non-game threads or post in old ones to keep the forum games towards the bottom of the page.

Jul 08, 2011 at 02:11PM EDT

Syndic wrote:

I agree to a certain extent. Games like ban the person above you or try to count to 1000 are pointless space wasters. Think what you want of my game, but I think it is one of the few that has merit and content.
Making a seperate forum for games isn’t a terrible idea, considering how many of them there are and how often people post in them, but I doubt it will ever happen. Better to make new non-game threads or post in old ones to keep the forum games towards the bottom of the page.

Then what the heck is supposed to fill the JFF void?

Jul 08, 2011 at 04:25PM EDT

Katie C. wrote:

Then what the heck is supposed to fill the JFF void?

Well thought out things, such as this.

Jul 08, 2011 at 04:29PM EDT

Personally, as a mod I’m intending to make it my business to shut down forum games that are completely pointless. Of course, the dividing line is a matter of opinion, so who knows? I guess essentially I’m looking for threads that take some thought and/or effort. For instance, it the “Try to count to 10000” thread weren’t pictures, but just people typing numbers, I’d shut it down. This is why I shut down “999 bottles of beer” or whatever it was.

Jul 08, 2011 at 09:34PM EDT

JFF was created FOR forum games.

We used to have one big forum. When the forum games started to drown out the meme research threads, we split the board into 4 subforums.

Jul 08, 2011 at 09:39PM EDT

If someone has to make a forum game, it should be neither a remake nor a game of a similar but slightly modified concept as a dead one.

Jul 09, 2011 at 02:22AM EDT

Looks like I’m going to agree with Chrismen this time.

Jul 09, 2011 at 02:46AM EDT

Chris Menning wrote:

JFF was created FOR forum games.

We used to have one big forum. When the forum games started to drown out the meme research threads, we split the board into 4 subforums.

History repeats itself.

Jul 09, 2011 at 03:02AM EDT

I think users ought to just use good judgement about making threads. Like, don’t create 5 or 10 new forum games all at once. Especially don’t create a ton of them as a cocky challenge to another user who finds your threads annoying.
And if you don’t like a thread, don’t post in it.

Jul 09, 2011 at 03:15AM EDT

Sweatie Killer wrote:

No offense to forum games, I’m sure they are great, but can’t they like you know die off once and awhile or get their own category, they tend to just bump everything to the bottom.

Dude, not to be a buzzkill, but… “anti-pun thread” and “Interesting/Fun Flashmobs” are not gonna steal the lime light from the forum games. I brought up the ban game with no intentions of it having so much popularity. If you wanna change, do, not say. I agree with you so bring the content buddy.

Plus the Nation RP game is not friendly to people to just join automatically. I missed out on the game and there is no way for me and others to play now. Not saying the game is bad, but more “user friendly” would be great. :)

Last edited Jul 09, 2011 at 05:45AM EDT
Jul 09, 2011 at 05:41AM EDT

Alex wrote:

Dude, not to be a buzzkill, but… “anti-pun thread” and “Interesting/Fun Flashmobs” are not gonna steal the lime light from the forum games. I brought up the ban game with no intentions of it having so much popularity. If you wanna change, do, not say. I agree with you so bring the content buddy.

Plus the Nation RP game is not friendly to people to just join automatically. I missed out on the game and there is no way for me and others to play now. Not saying the game is bad, but more “user friendly” would be great. :)

Its not the Forum games are Wrong, they just don’t give much breathing room.

The anti-pun thread was not suppose to survive more than an hour anyways lol.

Jul 09, 2011 at 10:57AM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Word Up! You must login or signup first!