Forums / Maintenance / Suggest Ideas

4,214 total conversations in 257 threads

+ New Thread

Browsing Your Own Forum Posts Should be Easier

Last posted Jul 10, 2011 at 03:55PM EDT. Added Jul 09, 2011 at 08:53PM EDT
7 posts from 6 users

So I was browsing through my forum posts, when I noticed that it was incredibly difficult to do. FIrstly, it doesn’t actually show you the post in question, just a little label saying that you did, in fact, post in such a thread at such a time. Second, when you click on the link provided, it brings you to the first post in that thread, and you have to hunt down your post through the pages just to see it. Surfing through large threads with five more more pages becomes quite a hassle.
What should be, is that your forum posts tab on your wall should show all of your posts in their entirety, and the link should bring you straight to that particular post. Just like when you use the search option. Like so:

Jul 09, 2011 at 08:53PM EDT

Or maybe a list of what threads you’ve posted in with a spoiler on it. It would keep the page faster to load (I may be wrong), and it would make browsing for specific threads easier.

Jul 09, 2011 at 09:27PM EDT

I updated it to look the same as forum post search results like in the screenshot. They should also be using the correct page numbers in the urls now.

Jul 09, 2011 at 09:39PM EDT

Holy hell. That is the fastest suggestion-to-feature I have ever seen. Thanks James!

Jul 09, 2011 at 10:42PM EDT

Now THIS is what I call fast work! Great job, James!

Jul 10, 2011 at 03:47PM EDT

This looks way better.

Jul 10, 2011 at 03:48PM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Greetings! You must login or signup first!