+ New Thread

Meme article abilities

Last posted Aug 08, 2011 at 10:21AM EDT. Added Aug 07, 2011 at 09:50PM EDT
8 posts from 6 users

An editor for a meme article has the power to:

Add editors.
Remove editors.
Edit his respective article.

That’s it. I think that editors should have more control over the entry, but one in particular would be very nice: Being able to remove an image from your article. That would be a very nice thing to be able to do. Currently, the only way to remove an image from your article is to request it’s removal in image cleaning. Right now, there’s a completely unrelated pony picture in the Spongbob Squarepants article, and my request for it’s removal is waiting in image cleaning, but with this system the removal of all these images is on Watcher’s time, and that’s gotta be pretty stressful on Watcher at times, plus, since he’s got other things he’s doing, it may take a while.

So, my point is, editors of an article should have more power over the entry they’re editing. Does anyone agree?

Aug 07, 2011 at 09:50PM EDT

The problem with that is if editors get hacked/later decide that their entry should be deleted (both of which have happened in the past). That would allow the possibility of hundreds of photos that would be very hard to recover.

Also, every entry moderator can remove images, to my knowledge, so it isn’t as much of a problem as it is made out to be in your post. Just ask any entry moderator (which there are plenty of) to remove it.

Aug 07, 2011 at 10:08PM EDT

Hey Pimp Abra…. Can you remove an image for me?

Aug 07, 2011 at 11:18PM EDT

What would also be nice is the ability, if you are the original owner of the article or a moderator, to be able to remove other editors that have given absolutely no effort in helping spruce up the article.

Last edited Aug 08, 2011 at 12:19AM EDT
Aug 08, 2011 at 12:19AM EDT

Piano wrote:

Hey Pimp Abra…. Can you remove an image for me?

That I can, good sir.

Aug 08, 2011 at 02:13AM EDT

Kalmo wrote:

What would also be nice is the ability, if you are the original owner of the article or a moderator, to be able to remove other editors that have given absolutely no effort in helping spruce up the article.

You can’t do that?

Have you tried clicking on the “View all editorships” button?

Aug 08, 2011 at 02:44AM EDT

Chris wrote:

The problem with that is if editors get hacked/later decide that their entry should be deleted (both of which have happened in the past). That would allow the possibility of hundreds of photos that would be very hard to recover.

Also, every entry moderator can remove images, to my knowledge, so it isn’t as much of a problem as it is made out to be in your post. Just ask any entry moderator (which there are plenty of) to remove it.

Not all entry mods. I’m unable to remove them.

Aug 08, 2011 at 04:41AM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

'lo! You must login or signup first!