Forums / Maintenance / Suggest Ideas

4,342 total conversations in 271 threads

+ New Thread

a quick way to remove unwanted pictures and promote good post

Last posted Jun 21, 2012 at 04:40PM EDT. Added Jun 19, 2012 at 06:27PM EDT
6 posts from 4 users

Yeah this idea is somewhat similar to the comments, like this…

if someone upload a picture , and that picture is down voted/thumbed down(lets say…-10) it it will be “censured” and will be only displayed if the user click on show, if that picture receives -20 the user will receive -1karma

Now if that picture receives positive votes(lets say..+10) the user will receive positive karma(like for each 10 thumbs up will equal 1 karma and on and on)

i think that way will promote good posts and it could also speed up some meme researches.

what you all think, good idea or bad idea?

(also i am sorry for bad grammar)

Last edited Jun 19, 2012 at 06:56PM EDT
Jun 19, 2012 at 06:27PM EDT

interesting, actually

if the deletion idea is implemented, you can’t let everyone know about this rule because they’ll abuse the shit out of it

Jun 19, 2012 at 06:44PM EDT

It wouldn’t be a good plan to implement karma, especially when it is so pointless.

For the vast majority of users, karma is absolutely useless and wouldn’t provide a proper incentive not to post ‘bad’ pictures.

Secondly, a lot of pictures are voted down for little reason other than the picture itself isn’t liked, ALA MLP, and it would just create extra problems, especially with the ease of karma-bombing using that method.

I believe that having an option for hiding images with under X score wouldn’t be a bad idea however, provided the users could individually choose what that number would be.

Jun 19, 2012 at 07:59PM EDT

Its not a bad idea,i mean this could stop some users from spamming certain galleries.

I mean its sucks when you browse a gallery to enjoy certain pictures and suddenly BAM!….several images with the same joke,annoying every kind of user….plus making them looking like a bunch of idiots(i’m not, and you aren’t)

What is better to have, a quality image gallery or a trashed/spammed gallery?

Jun 21, 2012 at 12:29PM EDT

since i can,t edit(bugged at the 30 minutes) i will put in a new reply…my apologies

if someone upload a picture , and that picture is down voted/thumbed down(lets say…-10) it will be “censured” and the following text"This picture has been buried"will be show, them under the text a button will appear…“show picture”… and will be displayed if the user click on the button,when the user click it,a new tab will be open, like normally happen(like when you decide to live a comment).

And like Chris said its not a good idea to put karma in it, and…..after some thinking….he,s right…people would abuse of it.

so..lets remain simple.

now does this look..better?(sorry for bad grammar)

Jun 21, 2012 at 04:40PM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Yo Yo! You must login or signup first!