Forums / Maintenance / Suggest Ideas

6,920 total conversations in 569 threads

+ New Thread

"block" feature.

Last posted Nov 13, 2012 at 03:40PM EST. Added Nov 10, 2012 at 06:54PM EST
10 posts from 10 users

Just to prevent users from harassing other users, I'd like to see a "block" feature so users can block another user's comments, PM's, and forum posts.

I know certain people have their Adblock turned up to the point where they can do that by themselfs.

However, I think if a block feature be implemented, it only blocks posts from Walls and PM's. In forum discussions it's bad to miss what people say.

Last edited Nov 10, 2012 at 07:31PM EST

I have to agree with Natsuru here.
Although, we can just ban users who repeatedly harass specific persons. We already do that. So maybe absolutely no new feature is needed and we can stop piling more requests eternally onto James's lap.

What Natsu posted was Common sense.
The Forums, and entry comments are public space. Simply blocking a certain user may create holes in Forum discussions, and that is not a good thing as it creates confusion.

Also why 32?
Why did you bring this up?
Is someone harassing you?

>Simply blocking a certain user may create holes in Forum discussions

might as well change this "block" to a buried message then

"you blocked this user, click HERE to see this message"

I concur with the replies.

Usually blocking is something that whiny people do when they can't handle dealing with a problem with another person, they're not willing to solve it so they hit block instead.

Now as for when such a situation would be needed we can ban people that harass users. We stand up for users, we'll back them up and ban the menaces.

Blocking is an unnecessary feature.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Howdy! You must login or signup first!