Forums / Maintenance / Suggest Ideas

6,920 total conversations in 569 threads

+ New Thread

Hmm we miss something pretty important.

Last posted May 19, 2014 at 06:04PM EDT. Added May 19, 2014 at 09:22AM EDT
3 posts from 2 users

Yeah, this site automatically mention rules when brand new members try to create a new entry. This page is probably the best thing ever happened to here. But something is boggling my mind.
Why don't we have a default mail, profile modification or some kind of pop up system when a new member joins the site? Some members doesn't aware of the rules because they are not noticed unless a rule violation has been made.
So how can we fix this? There are few solution.

• The same links can be also provided with a default profile edit. Such as this:
  • Maybe a hover type notification when the user has activated his account.
  • All of these together.

I am sure that this notification system will save us from the all same questions that BNMs are always asking.

Last edited May 19, 2014 at 09:36AM EDT

This Entry.

I have an Editorial that is an exact copy of the link I send above hidden for quite some months already, catching dust, but I guess this is a good moment to bring it up for discussion.

What you see behind that link (ignore the entry name) is the type of idea I had to make the rules and guidelines more visible. A simple Editorial which contains everything, and is positioned on a visible position on the site.

The entry there has all its sections locked though for obvious reasons. And once this discussion is over, chances are I'll hide it again, as it's still not an official doc. But should it be used, I don't even mind if one of the staff completely copies it and launches a seperate Editorial to make it seem more official.

As for the location I had in mind, something like this:

Last edited May 19, 2014 at 05:33PM EDT

@Randomman
Your solution is more practical. I prefer a rule page instead of a forum. But i am not sure about its location. Thats really hard to notice. I didn't aware of the IRC or even forums in my early KYM activity.
I think we should .. umm kinda weird to say but.. shove down their throats.

Kinda off topic but:
IMO we shouldn't even warn users at all. I know this place is not as crowded as 4chan. But don't you see the moderation out there? Determined rules are forced and mentioned on the site banners all the time. No one is wasting their time to mention rules to anybody over and over.
I can understand the warnings about uncleared issues. But why some of the users are still doing it on obvious rule violation situations? Why? They should have been awared already. This is honestly just waste of time.

About your solution again.. Yeah, putting all rules in one page is actually better than redirecting to forum threads. But like i said: Location is just terrible and it is not that much forced. I am still sticking with notifications. But of course, something like that can be also added.

Last edited May 19, 2014 at 06:34PM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

'lo! You must login or signup first!