Forums / Maintenance / Suggest Ideas

6,920 total conversations in 569 threads

+ New Thread

Confirm Criteria

Last posted Jul 19, 2014 at 04:21PM EDT. Added Jul 19, 2014 at 03:14AM EDT
2 posts from 2 users

Okay, this is kinda a major complaint I am echoing out from the past 5 years worth of threads I have recently read during my sorting of the Site Related Section. So here we go.

People want to know the MINIMUM CRITERIA for entries to get Confirmed. And I think it might not be too far fetched to ask for this, because with so many submissions trapped in Submission Limbo it's a legitimate question. Do we really need to go "Oooooh your entry gets a Plus One Woooork becaaaaaause of our Suuuuuuuper Seeecret Nonexiiistent Cooooonfirrrm Criteria" each time we see something wrong with an entry?

I saw the Google Docs outlining all the confirm suggestions and the reasons they where rejected, and it wasn't exactly that helpful. "Needs Work" was a common thing I saw jotted down. Okay, need's work on what? Is there a reason the common user is not allowed to know what is actually wrong with the entry?

I understand largely each meme is unique and therefore would have a fluid stance on what it needs to be confirmed, but if we cannot correctly communicate what we want and need out of these entires we are leaving 99% of our userbase downstream without a paddle.

In short, the confirm criteria is Too Strict, Too Fluid, and Too Intangible. And if nobody is allowed to understand or critique the system, our submissions pool will only get biiiiigger and biiiiiiiiiiiigger.

Last edited Jul 19, 2014 at 04:06AM EDT

Also, another thing that should happen more in my opinion is that when a big, obviously meme-worthy event finishes, it should be confirmed so that it doesn't get left in the dust and forgotten. Some examples are the World Cup and April Fools' 2014. The World Cup was done right and confirmed right when it finished, but April Fools' was definitely popular and I thought the article was good, hut that'll probably sit there in submission forever.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hauu! You must login or signup first!