Forums / Maintenance / Suggest Ideas

6,920 total conversations in 569 threads

+ New Thread

Modifiable Avatars

Last posted Sep 04, 2014 at 03:26AM EDT. Added Sep 03, 2014 at 09:45PM EDT
5 posts from 4 users

This is a basic function most sites that utilize avatars have but KYM still doesn't. You know the thing, where you upload an avatar and then you can move it around with a mouse so you get the part of the image you want if one is cut off if the image is too long or wide. So many times have I not been able to upload an avatar because of the important part being cut off and there's nothing you can do about it. Could this possibly be implemented anytime soon?

Last edited Sep 03, 2014 at 09:45PM EDT

Is it really too hard to edit the avatar yourself? Admittedly I have got a fuckton of art programs on my computer, but formatting something like that should be insanely easy.

Yeah, it's a usual standard for websites, but I feel most of us are capeable of doing the editing on our own and time would be better spent elsewhere.

I really don't know how to edit images myself and I have virtually no image editing software other than MS Paint on my computer. Not everyone on KYM knows how to use computers. I personally suck at everything. I just thought it'd be easier for those of us who don't know how to or can't have it be a part of the site. I just didn't really think we should have to do it ourselves if the site can provide the option to. Whatever, if it's too much of a hassle, no biggie. I just hope it'll be added eventually.

Also, thanks Snickerway, I'll try it.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hey! You must login or signup first!