Forums / Maintenance / Suggest Ideas

6,920 total conversations in 569 threads

+ New Thread

Does anyone honestly use the "You Might Also Like" feature?

Last posted Oct 11, 2014 at 01:17PM EDT. Added Oct 11, 2014 at 03:18AM EDT
6 posts from 4 users

Serious question: has the "You Might Also Like" section underneath the main image on image pages ever been useful to you?

For navigation between images of interest, the "High Score" and "Trending" tabs in image galleries tend to be far more useful.

I realize that it's got some intended functionally in terms of catching the attention of bored users who may not be actively seeking out other images. However, in order for such a system to actually to function, it would be necessary for people to tag their images. Since that pretty much never happens, the entire section ends up being a visually distracting hunk of pointlessness – at least for me, anyway. It distracts from the main image, from the comments, and – most importantly – from the notes (which is already hard enough to notice as it is).

So… does anyone else share a similar grievance, or am I insane?

I like the area. It has linked me to some hilarious shit I probably wouldn't have noticed otherwise. Sometimes a random suggestion can deliver. It requires some luck, but it works. Tagging is slowly getting better, so the area is working to me.

High Score and Trending is already available in the image galleries, there's no need to place that there as well. You can only see 8 images, so there's not much to browse. If you also want the High Score list, there exists a thing called multiple tabs open.

Yeah I guess I have seen some pretty funny things in the recommended images. I suppose I do look from time to time and see something interesting. I just don't really make it a point to check it out unless something happens to catch my eye. I do think that it's a nice feature to have, even if I don't usually use it.

its only when the image is untagged where id doesnt do anything useful for me besides link to the top voted images i have probably already seena million times before.

Last edited Oct 11, 2014 at 07:18AM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

'lo! You must login or signup first!