Forums / Maintenance / Suggest Ideas

6,920 total conversations in 569 threads

+ New Thread

They should make NSFW filter

Last posted Jan 01, 2015 at 04:18PM EST. Added Dec 18, 2014 at 03:18PM EST
12 posts from 10 users

I agree. That way, galleries like Pokemon and Gundam can still have good portions of softcore, while less arguments arise over it.

Hanako Sonata wrote:

Things already have a NSFW cover on them along with tags, but I agree. There should be a setting that blocks NSFW content if requested.

you would think that would be enough, but people still seem to have problems with it.

Well, one problem I've noticed is that the trending images section does not spoiler or NSFW anything. Some 10 year old looking for memes can see softcore just by opening up the site and no warning. That's kinda a problem I think. Not sure if it's been fixed yet or not though. Haven't really payed attention.

A NSFW filter would be nice because there's really not much to see when an image gallery suffers a nsfw image dump. Also, nsfw tags should work on the trending images too. I don't particularly want to see that, especially if I happen to be someplace else like my university.

Although that would be useful, I don’t really see a need for it as we already have a tag that serves the exact same purpose. Seeing as certain users still whine about NSFW images despite the fact that they could easily avoid them by simply not clicking on any image marked as NSFW, I doubt any filter would stop the complaining. 
The idea of filters as a whole is a good idea, though. I would love the ability to filter out any images from unwanted galleries, or any images with a certain tag.

Another problem worth addressing is, like Sam mentioned, having NSFW filters for Trending Images on the KYM frontpage. More people visit our frontpage than any other place on KYM, so that should definitely be a priority.

Precious Roy wrote:

I thought NSFW pictures didn't show up on the Trending Images page, guess I was wrong.

as far as i know they dont mostly cause they arent nsfw tagged, just putting on the tag makes them not appear on the trending page anymore

Last edited Dec 31, 2014 at 09:12PM EST

James Blunt wrote:

as far as i know they dont mostly cause they arent nsfw tagged, just putting on the tag makes them not appear on the trending page anymore

Ok, that's what I thought. I figured people meant they were seeing images tagged as NSFW on the front page, not untagged images.

If you are unable to avoid NSFW images that have been properly NSFW tagged in the galleries (and are thus spoilered), then I advice you to look for professional help to fix that terrible self control of yours instead of demanding the site to remove them completely from your sight.

NSFW images on the frontpage is a different case though yeah. That shouldn't happen. But that's more a case of people not tagging stuff properly.

Last edited Jan 01, 2015 at 04:21PM EST
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Word Up! You must login or signup first!