Forums / Maintenance / Suggest Ideas

6,920 total conversations in 569 threads

+ New Thread

voting pole

Last posted Mar 18, 2010 at 01:37PM EDT. Added Mar 17, 2010 at 03:05AM EDT
9 posts from 8 users

y'know what? i'm getting tired of sayng +1 comfirm/deadpool/work/etc in the comments.

why can't we just add a pole? like if i want a meme to have more work, than i can vote +1 work, and only the editors can see the result.

and then we can actually comment instead of going just +1 comfirm from 10 people without an actual comment!

what do you think?

HeavyMetal202, no one is forcing you to write "+1 something".
Where the hell did you see that you have to do it that way in the comments ?

+1 things were only used by admins to wait for another admin's approval before confirming an entry, in the first place.

I don't know why, for what average users started using it on their own, for no one ever told them to do it.
Now, many newcomers believe that it works that way. Nothing could be further from the truth…
Admins won't ever take into consideration your "+1" if there is no arguments, no evidences, nothing behind it.

We do not confirm a meme by votes. A meme is not moved to the Confirmed section until we can confirm that not only is it an Internet Meme, but that the information included is as factual and complete as possible.

The comments section should be used for adding information about a meme. All comments that say +1 Deadpool, +1 Work, or +1 Confirm are TOTALLY disregarded.

@Watcher.

But it wouldn't matter. From what I understand, Heavy is saying it would be sort of an opinion pole that only the editor could see, so they could get feedback on their article.

An interesting proposal, but it wouldn't really matter in the end. If something is a meme, it's a meme regardless of what people on the website say or not.

EDIT: @chris.

Beat me to it.

Last edited Mar 17, 2010 at 03:54PM EDT

Really? have you been a user for over 3 months, Came back from the dead, and look pretty darn good Inn a Luigi costume?
jokes aside
I use the +1 not to fit in but as a way to state my opinion on the memes growth. I usual try to offer help and never + deadpool unless it's another abyssal advice dog spin off or just a raid/troll entry. I am not a mod and you can clearly see that I'm not one. My comments are just that, comments.

Last edited Mar 18, 2010 at 01:38PM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

'lo! You must login or signup first!