Forums / Maintenance / Suggest Ideas

6,920 total conversations in 569 threads

+ New Thread

Why can't the members and mods just agree with each other?

Last posted Sep 02, 2010 at 11:15AM EDT. Added Sep 01, 2010 at 08:38PM EDT
11 posts from 9 users

I'm saying this because I've noticed that many of the entries that mods don't agree with that members do agree with such as this and this, and there are ones that mods create then later confirm that members don't agree with such as this and this. What do think of that?

For this entry

Deadpool does not necessarily mean the entry is not describing a notable meme.

Remember that these entries can technically be deadpooled too:

If a meme submission fails to provide any proof of the meme’s spread or popularity.

(Source: FAQ)

Its not always possible to show spread, but for the most part, its possible to prove a meme's popularity.

Also, if an entry is deadpooled, but there is good reason to undeadpool it, a mod will do so. Just ask politely with a reason why it should be undeadpooled.

For this entry
Members didn't agree that this should be deadpooled? Looking at the comments, it seems like it should be.

For the last two entries described-

For "Bros Icing Bros," its popularity and spread happened a lot through the internet. A notable meme should be confirmed, regardless of how much a member likes or dislikes it. Heck, I'm not interested in icing, but I think it should be confirmed.

For "My New Haircut," I count only four "disapproving" comments:

- Two "what is this i don't even" comments which probably referred to the fact that it was listed as the first confirmed meme on the site
- one "This sucks" comment that simply stated a user's opinion, but not necessarily saying that it should be deadpooled.
- And one "Son, I am disappoint," comment which I'm not really sure what he/she's saying.

How is that "mods and users disagreeing?"

TL;DR I was bored.

Last edited Sep 01, 2010 at 08:58PM EDT

"Why can't the members and mods just agree with each other?"

Because comments don't in any way influence the way managers (yeah, because mods don't really dare to confirm an entry, unless they have a big approval from above) consider an entry.

A meme, here, is a meme depending on how an entry has proven it to be a meme, not because people are liking it.
I won't comment on the fact many users aren't holding themselves in writing "1 deadpool/1 confirm" without any explanation on it, not to mention a somewhat great amount of people who love to troll by doing so, if it's not by laziness.

For that matter, I invite you to read https://knowyourmeme.com/forums/general/topics/3937-frequently-asked-questions :

What do all these “+1 Deadpool/work/confirm” mean?
As you read through the comments of any entry, you’ll undoubtedly stumble upon a “+1 thing”.
This kind of comment was initially used by the Admins to tell another admin when they were ready to confirm/deadpool an entry and that they were awaiting for another opinion on it.
Overtime, it has then been utilized by all users but they mustn’t be taken seriously or for granted. This is because even the newest of newcomers are jumping in on it and they usually don’t know what they are doing.
We invite you to not lose your temper with other users’ comments as well as to look for the comments that are adding arguments in their opinions as these are more likely to help you.

If you are in for a TL;DR, then Ogreenworld basically summed it up pretty well.

Oh, and don't care about "Dr. 8baldorf", he is an EDiot thinking that here, at KYM, we are all obnoxious 15 years olds kids who plagiarize ED all the time, steal memes, destroy them (oh looool), make money out of them and don't even give credits for their creators. Nothing can make him change his mind on that matter.

Last edited Sep 02, 2010 at 11:22AM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Namaste! You must login or signup first!