+ New Thread

Featured Featured
KYM Pokémon General

Last posted Sep 13, 2014 at 04:09PM EDT. Added Jul 08, 2012 at 08:44PM EDT
1683 posts from 145 users

>Beat Elite 4 and Champion
>Go to Pinwheel Forest
>Preschoolers have higher level Pokemon than me
Damn you, Preschooler Jose. Damn you to poke-hell.

Oct 11, 2012 at 06:13PM EDT

Wsxdas, The Last Kramabender wrote:

>Beat Elite 4 and Champion
>Go to Pinwheel Forest
>Preschoolers have higher level Pokemon than me
Damn you, Preschooler Jose. Damn you to poke-hell.

Woah woah man, isn’t Preschooler Jose the kid from the Battle Subway with the incredibly inspirational “A hero never quits, a hero never dies” quote? If so, it’s no surprise. If not, Jose’s probably the inspirational kid’s little brother.

Oct 11, 2012 at 07:07PM EDT

Well I’ve just got White 2 today, so here’s my party I guess:
>Flaffy lv15
>Lillipup lv15
>Koffing (Dogars) lv15
>Riolu lv15
>Snivy lv16

I have a Pidove as well, but I’m not training that one. Just beat the Virbank gym and I made a big deal of muting the volume upon entering. I also try to level up my pokemon 5 levels every few routes.

Last edited Oct 11, 2012 at 07:23PM EDT
Oct 11, 2012 at 07:22PM EDT

Nice Random, I too have a Koffing named Dogars. Just beat Clay. Dogars was Levitating like a champ. Current team:

Dewott the Dewott, lv31 to be replaced by Staryu
Eugene the Dwebble, lv 31
Ronald the Scraggy, lv 32
Dogars the Koffing, lv 31
Albert the Growlithe, lv 32
Mark the Magneton, lv 31

Couldn’t resist.

EDIT: Waaaaaait a minute, I just now realized that almost everyone on my team is either round or orange. I swear I didn’t mean to do that.

Last edited Oct 11, 2012 at 08:39PM EDT
Oct 11, 2012 at 08:15PM EDT

Just past Undella.
>Reptar the Flygon Lv.45
>Wailarge the Wailmer Lv.38
>Whisper the Lampent Lv.43
>Arium the Lairon Lv.32
>Webzz the Galvantula Lv. 42
Wailarge and Arium are lower level because I just got ’em.

Last edited Oct 11, 2012 at 08:55PM EDT
Oct 11, 2012 at 08:54PM EDT

I drew my main 3 dudes.

My Leavanny is a samurai with a Leaf Blade. Get it? Leaf Blade? As in the attack of which Leavannys have? Man, I’m funny.

Oct 11, 2012 at 09:50PM EDT

Okay, now I have a Level 20 Male Eevee and is now in Marill’s place in the party.

Oct 11, 2012 at 10:13PM EDT

Just picked up Black 2 today

I kinda wanted White 2, but B2 was the only one Best Buy still had copies of. Also, you’d think Best Buy would have the sense to put copies of the game right next to the cardboard display of it instead of on the other side of the frikin gaming section

Oct 13, 2012 at 04:01PM EDT

Crimson Locks wrote:

Just picked up Black 2 today

I kinda wanted White 2, but B2 was the only one Best Buy still had copies of. Also, you’d think Best Buy would have the sense to put copies of the game right next to the cardboard display of it instead of on the other side of the frikin gaming section

It’s Best Buy. Logic escapes them.

/

Now, can some of you help me out? I’ll be getting a DSi (XL) soon and I wanted to know what versions are better without spoilers, or if there are enough differences to make it worth getting both.

Black vs. White
Black 2 vs. White 2

Planning on getting these:

Crystal (Nostalgia)
Ruby (Never was a fan of the Battle Frontier)
FireRed
Diamond
Platinum
SoulSilver
Either Black/White
Either Black2/White2
Ranger
PMD: Explorers of Sky

Oct 13, 2012 at 08:55PM EDT

Here’s all the exclusives.
https://images.4chan.org/vp/src/1350177108450.jpg
Bigger, just open that URL.

Last edited Oct 13, 2012 at 09:16PM EDT
Oct 13, 2012 at 09:15PM EDT

Thanks. Anything like that for Black/White? Or are they close enough?

Version-exclusive Pokemon don’t really matter much to me beyond Diamond as I don’t know any of them.

Last edited Oct 13, 2012 at 09:25PM EDT
Oct 13, 2012 at 09:22PM EDT

I don’t know of anything like that for Black and White, but they’re pretty close.

Oct 13, 2012 at 09:33PM EDT

Be aware: the DSi has no GBA slot, and the vanilla DS/DS Lite cannot run GBC. Otherwise, excellent choices.

Oct 13, 2012 at 09:41PM EDT

Twilitlord wrote:

Be aware: the DSi has no GBA slot, and the vanilla DS/DS Lite cannot run GBC. Otherwise, excellent choices.

No GBA slot? WHAT HAVE YOU DONE, NINTENDO?!

Well, I still have my old Advance, but I was really looking towards having a backlight.

Oct 13, 2012 at 10:28PM EDT

I’m thinking about picking the card game up after I heard that there were tournaments near where I live. How does it hold up?

Oct 13, 2012 at 11:08PM EDT

Emi wrote:

No GBA slot? WHAT HAVE YOU DONE, NINTENDO?!

Well, I still have my old Advance, but I was really looking towards having a backlight.

Now hold on, the lite still has the GBA slot (if you can find one anymore). I always felt the lite was just the right size, too. However, it doesn’t have the amenities that the DSi has.

Also-

>original GBA
>not glorious GBA SP master hardware
>mfw

Boy I’ve had backlighting since I’ve had a GBA.

Last edited Oct 13, 2012 at 11:28PM EDT
Oct 13, 2012 at 11:27PM EDT

Twilitlord wrote:

Now hold on, the lite still has the GBA slot (if you can find one anymore). I always felt the lite was just the right size, too. However, it doesn’t have the amenities that the DSi has.

Also-

>original GBA
>not glorious GBA SP master hardware
>mfw

Boy I’ve had backlighting since I’ve had a GBA.

>2012

>Referring to any system as “master” anything

Oct 13, 2012 at 11:44PM EDT

I’ve had two SPs, one of which was left in California on a trip, along with Emerald inside it, and the other one was stolen. So yeah, I’m not really after a SP again.

Oct 13, 2012 at 11:47PM EDT

Emi wrote:

I’ve had two SPs, one of which was left in California on a trip, along with Emerald inside it, and the other one was stolen. So yeah, I’m not really after a SP again.

OH MY GOD

ITS EMI

So how’s your butthole feeling?

Oct 14, 2012 at 12:11AM EDT

>.> It was just that once. Can we get back to Pokemans now?

Last edited Oct 14, 2012 at 12:21AM EDT
Oct 14, 2012 at 12:17AM EDT

Emi wrote:

>.> It was just that once. Can we get back to Pokemans now?

Yes.

Also along with my Pokemon cards question, how well does Black and White 1 & 2 stand? I haven’t gotten a chance to play them yet, but I plan on getting them after Nintendo releases a Green 3DS.

Last edited Oct 14, 2012 at 12:36AM EDT
Oct 14, 2012 at 12:35AM EDT

(Don’t bash on me for me being slow in the game)

I’m now leveling up to get ready to battle Clay. Update on my current party, in order from when I got them:

Snivy ♀ Lv. 29
Riolu ♀ Lv. 29
Growlithe ♀ Lv. 28
Eevee ♂ Lv. 29
Emolga ♂ Lv. 28
Zorua ♀ Lv. 29

Oct 14, 2012 at 12:46AM EDT

Adam, I have some advice.

Find every single EV raising item.
Use it on Snivy.

Use them all on Snivy.

Oct 14, 2012 at 01:16AM EDT

I don’t mean to be rude Adam, but how is it that you are taking so long? Are you not playing often, exploring everything? I mean, I have only about 43 hours played and I’m already done the elite four and level ~70.

Oct 14, 2012 at 01:27AM EDT

Weasel wrote:

Adam, I have some advice.

Find every single EV raising item.
Use it on Snivy.

Use them all on Snivy.

Snivy is shit unless you have it’s dream world ability, which goes oh so sexily with Leaf Storm. Also guys, remember to download Genesect through the Mystery Gift, I got it. I dont use it, but I have it.

My Team
Samurott M (i have a laptop dont judge me) Lv 39
Lucario M lv 34
Crobat M lv 34
Electabuzz M lv 35
Elgyem M lv 33

I’m going to try and get most of my team to late 30s or early 40s so Skyla wont have a chance against Electabuzz

Oct 14, 2012 at 01:36AM EDT

After a weekend of (slightly less than) vigorous playing, I have just beat Elesa. Here’s my new team:
Crobat lv 25
Eevee lv 25 (training to become Espeon)
Lucario lv 25
Servine lv 26
Flaffy lv 25
Trapinch lv 27

My Eevee is my weakest, and my Lucario is my strongest. Also, may I ask what everyone thinks of Join Avenue and the medals? I really want to know what others think of them.

Oct 14, 2012 at 01:52PM EDT

I don’t mean to be rude Adam, but how is it that you are taking so long? Are you not playing often, exploring everything? I mean, I have only about 43 hours played and I’m already done the elite four and level ~70.

Bascially I’m trying to explore everything. I want to complete the dex all as possible and level up my party to be able to beat Gym leaders.

Oct 14, 2012 at 03:51PM EDT

Update time: I’m currently exploring Spooky Manor (or whatever that ghost building is called)
My team is now:
Ralph the Lucario lv. 36
Ghostly the Cofagarius lv. 35
Simon the Arcanine lv. 35
Zappy the Jolteon lv. 42 (Skyla didn’t get a single attack in)
Fitzgerald the Samurott lv. 36
Fly Mule the Tranquill lv. 26 (not training him)
I have 2 stone evolution Pokemon, which I don’t normally use in Pokemon games.

Oct 14, 2012 at 03:58PM EDT

I’ve finally assembled my final in-game team. There’s a distinct lack of Fly, but biking’s good cardio.

Albert the Arcanine
Mark the Magnezone
Lenny the Starmie
Ronald the Scrafty
Eugene the Crustle
and Dogars the Weezing

So yeah, the entire team’s either orange or round. I swear it’s a coincidence.

Oct 14, 2012 at 04:17PM EDT

Jack Candle wrote:

I’ve finally assembled my final in-game team. There’s a distinct lack of Fly, but biking’s good cardio.

Albert the Arcanine
Mark the Magnezone
Lenny the Starmie
Ronald the Scrafty
Eugene the Crustle
and Dogars the Weezing

So yeah, the entire team’s either orange or round. I swear it’s a coincidence.

Just wanted to point out Weezing’s Japanese name is “Matadogas”. I was going to keep my Dogars, and give it an everstone, but I really wanted an Eevee so I could get an Espeon (Which just evolved now actually).

Oct 14, 2012 at 05:05PM EDT

Random21 wrote:

Just wanted to point out Weezing’s Japanese name is “Matadogas”. I was going to keep my Dogars, and give it an everstone, but I really wanted an Eevee so I could get an Espeon (Which just evolved now actually).

Y’know, Eviolite Dogars might be pretty useful. I’m still keeping Dogars’ name the same out of respect for the lost beauty of D-O-G-A-R-S- DOGARS though.

Oct 14, 2012 at 05:24PM EDT

Move set conundrum: Cofagrigus has room for either Shadow Ball or Hex, but not both. Shadow ball is 15 pp and 85 power. Hex is 10pp and 50 power, but it becomes 100 power when the opponent has a special condition, which is particularly nice when combo’d with Willow-the-Wisp.
Wat do?

Last edited Oct 14, 2012 at 05:43PM EDT
Oct 14, 2012 at 05:42PM EDT

KI....D wrote:

Move set conundrum: Cofagrigus has room for either Shadow Ball or Hex, but not both. Shadow ball is 15 pp and 85 power. Hex is 10pp and 50 power, but it becomes 100 power when the opponent has a special condition, which is particularly nice when combo’d with Willow-the-Wisp.
Wat do?

If you have someone else on your team who can deal out status problems, or better yet something running Toxic Spikes, go for Hex. If not, Shadow Ball. By the time you set up the burn, you could’ve hit ‘em with two Shadow Balls, and no one’s gonna send a physical attacker against a Cofagrigus anyway, so you’ll be taking heavy special damage in the meantime. Go Shadow Ball unless you have status support from teammates.

Oct 14, 2012 at 06:19PM EDT

KYM I have a problem. You see, I had beat clay, and had just got HM Surf, when it struck me: none of my party can learn it. If it was something like cut, I wouldn’t care, but Surf is an incredibly important move for any journey. Now this is where two problems arise:
1. I have spent lot’s of time and effort training my current team to what they are like now, so I am
not fond of getting rid of any.
2. Even if I did, I was never over-keen on HM Slaves, so I’d want a pokemon that can stand up to the rest of my team.
This is where I ask 2 things, 1. Do you know of any good water types that I can train up that are pretty good? and 2. What member of my party should leave my company? Here’s my current team

Espeon lv27
Crobat lv28
Servine lv29
Trapinch lv29
Lucario lv28
Ampharos lv30

Please help.

Oct 15, 2012 at 03:54PM EDT

@Random

Personally, Jellicent is one of the best surfers out there. I’d swap one for Ampharos or Espeon.

Last edited Oct 15, 2012 at 04:25PM EDT
Oct 15, 2012 at 04:24PM EDT

Jack Candle wrote:

If you have someone else on your team who can deal out status problems, or better yet something running Toxic Spikes, go for Hex. If not, Shadow Ball. By the time you set up the burn, you could’ve hit ‘em with two Shadow Balls, and no one’s gonna send a physical attacker against a Cofagrigus anyway, so you’ll be taking heavy special damage in the meantime. Go Shadow Ball unless you have status support from teammates.

Thanks!
I went with Shadow Ball in the end. Now I’m trying to catch the Grass/Fighting legendary. Giga-drain makes it quite hard to keep his hp down, though not nearly as tough as Mewtwo with recover was in R/B/FR/LG was.

Oct 15, 2012 at 04:33PM EDT

KI....D wrote:

Thanks!
I went with Shadow Ball in the end. Now I’m trying to catch the Grass/Fighting legendary. Giga-drain makes it quite hard to keep his hp down, though not nearly as tough as Mewtwo with recover was in R/B/FR/LG was.

Maybe use something with Heal Block? That, or just spam sleep moves.

Oct 15, 2012 at 05:26PM EDT

Jack Candle wrote:

Maybe use something with Heal Block? That, or just spam sleep moves.

This. A psychic-type with Hypnosis would be an ideal Pokemon in this battle. Hypnosis to prevent Giga Drain, Psychic to exploit his Fighting-type.

‘Course, I haven’t played gen 5, so I don’t even know what legendary you’re talking about.

Last edited Oct 15, 2012 at 05:33PM EDT
Oct 15, 2012 at 05:33PM EDT

>mfw a girl in Humilau City says “This dress is comfy and easy to wear…”

Oct 15, 2012 at 06:21PM EDT

KI....D wrote:

>mfw a girl in Humilau City says “This dress is comfy and easy to wear…”

Oh god I saw her and was about to post the same exact thing. #Rule63

Oct 15, 2012 at 06:41PM EDT

Get on my level.

Oct 17, 2012 at 07:40AM EDT

Mexx Android wrote:

Get on my level.

“A level 100 Shuckle can potentially deal the most damage in one single attack through the use of numerous stat boosters; by using Helping Hand by two different Pokémon in a Triple battle, holding a Metronome, Power Trick, a Skill Swap to Pure Power or Huge Power, 6 Attack boosts, and a Mimicked Me First used on a slower Pokemon using the Defense Curl/Rollout combo. Also, Shuckle’s partner must have the ability Flower Gift and the weather must be sunny. On the 15th turn of using Rollout consecutively without any misses, if used against a level 1 Ledyba, Yanma or Combee with minimum Defense stats, that have been hit with negative Defense modifiers (such as Screech), it can deal 481,266,036 damage with a critical hit.”

I made this badass Pokéfact my Facebook status once.

This fun fact used to be in Shuckle’s trivia section on Bulbapedia, but seems to have vanished…

Last edited Oct 17, 2012 at 02:37PM EDT
Oct 17, 2012 at 02:32PM EDT

I just beat the Pokemon League.

Reptar the Flygon lv. 63 Reptar is the giant dragonsaur from Rugrats, and mascot for TDWP.
Aerodyne the Flygon lv. 60 Named after band Aerodyne Flex, and Aerodyne sounds like a dragon.
Arium the Aggron lv. 57 Name started with “Ar” (Aron) added “ium” because elements.
Wailarge the Wailord lv. 56 It is a whale, and it is large.
Whisper the Chandelure lv. 56 Just a kickass name for a ghost Pokemon.
Webzz the Galvantula lv. 58 Writers block, and caught as a fill-in. (Though Joltik is amzingly cute!)

I will be replacing Webzz with my SoulSilver:
Tenozone the Rayquaza lv.100 Tenoh (King) and Ozone (Where Rayquaza lives)

This will be my post game team, minus Whisper, because I have to choose a replacement.

Oct 17, 2012 at 05:22PM EDT

The World Tournament is a bitch.

Well then, off to find a Metagross and another Pseudo-Legendary Pokemon.
I already have a Garchomp.

Pokerus helps a bit, but my other Pokemon are still weak.

Last edited Oct 17, 2012 at 09:32PM EDT
Oct 17, 2012 at 09:31PM EDT

MFW I lost my DS

Oct 17, 2012 at 10:26PM EDT

MFW I lost my DS

MY SIDES!

Oct 17, 2012 at 10:28PM EDT

My DS is broken guys. DS Lite with loose hinge (glides smoothly) and it just recently got the White Screen of Death. Trying to fix it by Friday when I have time to get BW2, but I know that probably won’t happen.

Oct 17, 2012 at 11:01PM EDT

Howdy! You must login or signup first!