Forums / Media / Video Games

38,603 total conversations in 2,698 threads

+ New Thread

Minecraft General

Last posted Jul 21, 2014 at 07:00PM EDT. Added May 04, 2014 at 06:54PM EDT
57 posts from 18 users

I haven't seen one of these on know your meme yet and I thought I would make one. This is where you show off your builds in minecraft. It can be anything from dirt houses to giant cities. The only thing is that YOU have to have made it. If you are too lazy to build you can also show off other minecraft related stuff just please no annoying minecraft music videos.

I'm not going to post a screenshot just yet, but I'm working on a massive Skyrim-inspired map with World Painter. Conquest texture resource pack is amazing!

EDIT: Actually, I think I might as well give a little teaser

Last edited May 04, 2014 at 07:15PM EDT

Gary wrote:

I'm not going to post a screenshot just yet, but I'm working on a massive Skyrim-inspired map with World Painter. Conquest texture resource pack is amazing!

Sounds cool. I've never heard of world painter before. I might look it up.

Karoler wrote:

Sounds cool. I've never heard of world painter before. I might look it up.

Oh you got to check it out, it's great for making realistic mountain ranges, smooth plains, and huge worlds.

Gary wrote:

Looks very impressive so far. I love the sky. To get the realistic sky do you use shaders or is it in the rescource pack?

Karoler wrote:

Looks very impressive so far. I love the sky. To get the realistic sky do you use shaders or is it in the rescource pack?

Thanks. It's Conquest Resource Pack + Optifine. It's really good, connected textures, different meta-data blocks (though it needs a specail bukkit plug-in update), and even a nice aura borealis at night. Need a link?

Last edited May 04, 2014 at 07:41PM EDT

Gary wrote:

Thanks. It's Conquest Resource Pack + Optifine. It's really good, connected textures, different meta-data blocks (though it needs a specail bukkit plug-in update), and even a nice aura borealis at night. Need a link?

Nope im okay. It's not that hard to find rescource packs for minecraft and I already have optifine.

Karoler wrote:

Nope im okay. It's not that hard to find rescource packs for minecraft and I already have optifine.

Nice! Then you're good to go! There's a server for the meta-data blocks, ravand.org, if you're interested. Focuses on nordic and medieval builds. I got all this from JamziboyMinecraft, he has a small but very talented channel with great builds and map tutorials.

There was once a KYM server.
I hope there is one or it is brought back, I need a server to grief build contraptions.

Post a server, any server that you play on. I happen to be a pretty fun hacker minecraft user.
I don't have any servers that I play on, I just happened to re-dowload the game since 2011.

My server has been down for several months now. It's only opened up on occasion. Mainly because Hamachi was giving me some serious issues with my internet connectivity.

If I open up my server again, it will be hosted on something else. Perhaps Tungle if that works.

I was actually bored on the PS3 version and found a world weird seed.

2084579653 (can't remember it in text it was something like SCOOTALOOISAFATASS (all caps, no spaces) or something like that)

It spawns you on a TINY island with little-to-none amount of trees.

There is tons of mushroom biomes. And a mountain island with a cave.

At least 80% of the map is water. It feels very lonely and survival-like. Being cramped in tiny islands.

I may find more weird stuff later.

I made a minecraft story:

(Play this while reading):

A terribly long time ago, there lived two brothers. One was named Markus Perrson or "Notch" and the other one named Steve Perrson or "Herobrine" as he liked to call himself. Notch and Steve looked upon the world and removed any errors or "bugs" as they liked to call it. One day, Steve went to gather supplies to build his house while Notch stayed at the house and tended to the fields. Steve gathered some torches and sprinted to the nearest cave. Steve passed by loads upon loads of ores including gold, coal, iron, and even some redstone, but they were not what he was looking for. He was looking for diamonds. As steve mined deeper into the earth, he felt more uneasy. "I will find a couple diamonds then turn back" Steve thought to himself. After countless mining, Steve finally stumbled upon diamonds. Steve smiled and quickly mined the diamonds. That's when Steve heard a noise… Steve started breathing heavily as he sprinted for the exit. That's when he saw a dark figure observing him… Steve was extremely scared at this point and he ran as fast as he could out of the cave. When he got out of the cave however, he was surrounded by the figures. The black figures surrounded him and watched him as he screamed in terror… Notch awoke the next day to see Steve nowhere in sight. "He must still be mining" Steve thought. By the next day, Steve was not home and Notch started to grow worried. Notch went to go look for Steve himself. He searched every end of the cave and eventually he found Steve. Steve was lying on the ground with his eyeballs ripped out and his face burned…\
After Notch saw this, he began to cry. The next day, he built a small memorial for his brother in the desert that he made out of sandstone. He also changed the default skin to Steve's skin so that he would always remember what had happened to his brother… The next week, people started reporting seeing strange sights such as brick pyramids, small tunnels lit by redstone torches, and a few had even reported seeing a ghastly figure with glowing white eyes… Steve had returned…

Gary wrote:

That is pretty nice.

does anyone have a server up and feel like playing right now?

also a screenshot just because
from me and syndic's tekkit server

Last edited May 22, 2014 at 11:27PM EDT

So, here's a football/baseball stadium I made:

Somehow, the baseball version reminds me of the Polo Grounds with the deep center field yet a short distance to the fences.

And this small sporting arena I made, took me a couple of hours to make and this was a while back:

Last edited May 24, 2014 at 10:44AM EDT

There is a server open right now that available to the public, vanilla minecraft
It's a server dedicated to "sips_" from The Yogscast. If you don't know who they are, you should look them up on the youtube.

The ip is 37.59.135.145
My minecraft username is Morgaporg is anyone wants to come find me, I can give you some supplies, or just go off on your own and do whatever you crazy kids like doing

This is a very friendly server, no pvp allowed and super awesome mods/admins/owners

Moargun wrote:

coughcough

Has anyone joined it yet?

I'm on my phone right now but i'll join when I get the chance. My ign is swagnomic (yes I realize that is a stupid name. Someone told me to name it that…)

They banned me for using the redstone and fence glitch.
I stopped after they told me not to when they asked me how to do it (and i promised not to use it anymore) but they still banned me?

I'm sad now.

Cronus wrote:

They banned me for using the redstone and fence glitch.
I stopped after they told me not to when they asked me how to do it (and i promised not to use it anymore) but they still banned me?

I'm sad now.

I messaged one of the mods about the situation, since none of them are online right now in time. And if he doesn't respond I'll talk with someone on the server tomorrow, or later tonight (whenever someone comes online).

I'm sorry they banned you bb, pls don't be sad

Moargun wrote:

@weasel: does it say when you try to log in to the server how long you're banned for at all?

No
It just says the basics:

Failed to connect to server.

Banned!
The Ban Hammer sas spoken!

Karoler wrote:

I know I said no annoying music videos but this one is so funny that I couldn't leave it out:

And you'd think being Helen Keller would be bad. Sure, because you'd want to watch this waste of 3 minutes.

Moargun wrote:

There is a server open right now that available to the public, vanilla minecraft
It's a server dedicated to "sips_" from The Yogscast. If you don't know who they are, you should look them up on the youtube.

The ip is 37.59.135.145
My minecraft username is Morgaporg is anyone wants to come find me, I can give you some supplies, or just go off on your own and do whatever you crazy kids like doing

This is a very friendly server, no pvp allowed and super awesome mods/admins/owners

Cool!

My minecraft username is TheMexecutive.

If anyone is playing on a factions server and needs a hand, I'd be happy to play along.
Or if there is a server in general to play on other than the ip Moargun introduced.

Cronus wrote:

If anyone is playing on a factions server and needs a hand, I'd be happy to play along.
Or if there is a server in general to play on other than the ip Moargun introduced.

Syndic and I have been looking for some yogscast complete pack servers, but they all seem p shit. I mostly just wanna play with Ars Magica 2 and dick around with magic.

The community on the sips server is way too good

Okay guys, I have found a new server we can all join on the Yogscast Complete pack you can install from ATLauncher.

If you're new to installing mod packs, feel free to message me and I can help you through it (keep in mind, I don't check my KYM messages too often, so if I don't message you back right away don't panic).

When you're installing the modpack make sure you install the "Morph" mod. It's required to join the server, so if you don't install it the first time, you'll have to reinstall. And this big ass modpack is huge, so that could take some time.

The ip address is play.myranium.com
And again, my minecraft name is Morgaporg, so if you join look for me and maybe I can help you out or whatever you need. Syndic will be there too of course :)

From what I've seen so far this server is pretty friendly. Not as talkative as the sips server, but still a nice environment.

edit:

Here's the servers website if anyone is interested
Link

Last edited Jun 06, 2014 at 11:36AM EDT

Syndic and I have just started our new life on a new server~

edit:
the glowstone and gold blocks you see are just my claim borders

Last edited Jun 07, 2014 at 05:14PM EDT

Okay everyone, the sips server that was once vanilla is now switching over to a mod pack! You can get this mod pack through the technic launcher.
The modpack is called "Attack of the B-Team".

Same ip address, same community p cool

Cronus wrote:

I hear the sips server is shut down, what now?
Is there another good server to play on?

Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuude
I don't know, I haven't even tried looking for one yet
I'm really pissed off about it

Karoler wrote:

I know I said no annoying music videos but this one is so funny that I couldn't leave it out:

I tried so hard to forget this. All those therapy sessions… wasted. WHY. WHY DID YOU RETURN THESE BAD MEMORIES TO ME.

Serious Business wrote:

Hey, there's some hulabaloo on Twitter or Reddit or the whatnot about everyone being mad at Notch, because of some new take on the EULA that makes it harder to run servers? Or something?

Anyone know about this?

why would anyone be mad at notch? he doesn't even work on minecraft anymore

i haven't heard anything about that. the only time I had trouble running a server was when we tried to run a big dig server
the only issues i know of are servers with mods

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Word Up! You must login or signup first!