Forums / Media / Video Games

38,596 total conversations in 2,697 threads

+ New Thread

Fallout: New Vegas Issue

Last posted Aug 26, 2014 at 07:31PM EDT. Added Aug 24, 2014 at 11:27PM EDT
7 posts from 3 users

The main menu won't load. I get the music, the shot of the NCR ranger, but no cursor or menu. I have to Task Manager out after that. Is it something to do with mods? I mean, it was running fine before today.

Jersey Jimmy wrote:

The main menu won't load. I get the music, the shot of the NCR ranger, but no cursor or menu. I have to Task Manager out after that. Is it something to do with mods? I mean, it was running fine before today.

I'd just ask google, but you've probably already tried that.
Whenever my really modded up games stop working I just go into a mod manager and disable half of them at a time, then test half of that half, and so on until I've found the mod that's fucking shit up.
But no, I have no actual idea what's causing that.
Maybe the fact that it loads addons and gives you a little popup before loading the menu has something to do with it.

Erin ◕ω◕ wrote:

I'd just ask google, but you've probably already tried that.
Whenever my really modded up games stop working I just go into a mod manager and disable half of them at a time, then test half of that half, and so on until I've found the mod that's fucking shit up.
But no, I have no actual idea what's causing that.
Maybe the fact that it loads addons and gives you a little popup before loading the menu has something to do with it.

Maybe it is the add-ons. I'll fuck around in NMM tomorrow to get it to work.

It has absolutely nothing to do with mods. Apparently, my piece-of-shit computer wants to strip as much enjoyment from my life as possible.

Seriously, help. I'm carving into my desk with a knife at this point.

Erin ◕ω◕ wrote:

Steam has some option to "verify integrity of game cache" or something, try that.
If that doesn't work you could always uninstall and reinstall the game.

Verifying the game cache worked. Thanks, Erin!

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

O HAI! You must login or signup first!