Fallout General

Last posted Nov 13, 2014 at 11:53AM EST. Added Sep 01, 2014 at 07:44PM EDT
54 posts from 16 users

>2014
>No new Fallout game
>No new DLC
>People tell me to install mods so it looks like a newer game
>Doesn't fills the gap
>MFW Bethesda isn't going to make a new RPG soon because of the shit-fest that is TESO

Last edited Sep 01, 2014 at 09:06PM EDT

Bruno the Rustler wrote:

>2014
>No new Fallout game
>No new DLC
>People tell me to install mods so it looks like a newer game
>Doesn't fills the gap
>MFW Bethesda isn't going to make a new RPG soon because of the shit-fest that is TESO

Bethesda didn't make TESO, Zenimax did. Even so, the entire company is not devoting the entirety of its resources towards TESO.

That's like saying Blizzard isn't working on the next Starcraft expansion because the entire company is working on World of Warcraft.

Fallout 4 will come out eventually; you can't rush art.

So I replayed Fallout: New Vegas with GRA and Dead Money over the summer with some mods. My favourite mod was one that distributed all the unique GRA weapons (that vendors sold) to different locations throughout the wasteland and you found notes that gave you clues to their locations.
Also, it was a Legion playthrough. (And I actually still have to do the final assault on Hoover Dam mission.)

Goodbye, Mr. President!

And then I played Fallout 3 again, with mods of course.
None really stood out to me for gameplay value, but the clear night skies combined with a high quality star texture was breathtaking almost.

Jersey Jimmy wrote:

@Erin: You used the C-Finder to waste Kimball?! I love you so much right now.

I didn't technically kill him that way, sadly.
I killed him and his guards (and most of the crowd) with a mini nuke from Esther, then finished off the survivors with cluster missiles and a riot shotgun.
Then I climbed on top of the anti-aircraft gun's barrel (without using noclip, I was quite proud of myself), fired two missiles, and finally the orbital laser to destroy his vertibird.

Now I'm thinking of going back and shooting up the vertibird with Sleepytime (or another silenced weapon) during his speech until it starts smoking, then using the orbital strike to kill him when he gets back in afterwards.

Erin ◕ω◕ wrote:

I didn't technically kill him that way, sadly.
I killed him and his guards (and most of the crowd) with a mini nuke from Esther, then finished off the survivors with cluster missiles and a riot shotgun.
Then I climbed on top of the anti-aircraft gun's barrel (without using noclip, I was quite proud of myself), fired two missiles, and finally the orbital laser to destroy his vertibird.

Now I'm thinking of going back and shooting up the vertibird with Sleepytime (or another silenced weapon) during his speech until it starts smoking, then using the orbital strike to kill him when he gets back in afterwards.

[pretentious ahem] It's spelled Sleepytyme. Anyways, thanks for the suggestion for when I do my Legion run.

Last edited Sep 02, 2014 at 07:25PM EDT

Sergeant Arch Dornan wrote:

I kind of didn't like the Brotherhood of Steel in Fallout 3 so I blew them up as my Gordon Freeman character.

I always try to be nice to them in New Vegas. Mainly because Veronica is best companion.

Ooh, speaking of, who are you guys' favorite companions? Aside from Veronica, I also like Boone and Lily.

Vanilla Companions would have to be Boone. For some reason the companion with a hunting rifle has made me feel more safe in the Mojave than anything else.

My favourite modded companion is Desmond Harper. Such an awesome companion in terms of skill, plus… dat sexy voice.

I have the Fallout Collection (Fallout, Fallout 2 and Fallout: Tactics) 2 GoTY copies of Fallout 3 (PC and 360) and 2 Ultimate Editions of New Vegas (PC and 360).

Does anyone else have all the achievements for both game?

(P.S Please Bethesda just rush Evil Within and give me number 4)

Last edited Sep 03, 2014 at 09:16AM EDT

I really hope they do the "lesser of two evils" thing in Fallout 4 like they did in Skyrim and New Vegas. I want the question of who I fight for to be a hard one, not good guys vs. bad guys.

Dr. Bots wrote:

I really hope they do the "lesser of two evils" thing in Fallout 4 like they did in Skyrim and New Vegas. I want the question of who I fight for to be a hard one, not good guys vs. bad guys.

Though for New Vegas, its pretty clear that the Legion are the "bad" guys while House and NCR are open to your tolerance

<OTL> wrote:

Though for New Vegas, its pretty clear that the Legion are the "bad" guys while House and NCR are open to your tolerance

The Legion is pretty "bad" in every way of the term, but the game tries to create a moral question of, "Who would bring the most stability to the Mojave?" For example, when talking to Raul Tejada about the Legion, he says they're brutal, but things were "a lot worse" in Arizona before Caesar came to power, according to him.

Last edited Sep 05, 2014 at 07:38PM EDT

Duke Crabtree wrote:

The Legion is pretty "bad" in every way of the term, but the game tries to create a moral question of, "Who would bring the most stability to the Mojave?" For example, when talking to Raul Tejada about the Legion, he says they're brutal, but things were "a lot worse" in Arizona before Caesar came to power, according to him.

I don't know, even if the said Legion did make Arizona stable, NCR did make California pretty stable and in fallout California is a pretty nice to live (relatively speaking ofc).

When it comes to Legion/NCR or Legion/Stormcloak debate, people get pretty damn serious :\

<OTL> wrote:

I don't know, even if the said Legion did make Arizona stable, NCR did make California pretty stable and in fallout California is a pretty nice to live (relatively speaking ofc).

When it comes to Legion/NCR or Legion/Stormcloak debate, people get pretty damn serious :\

NCR made California stable, but then it expanded to a point where its forces were too dispersed, barely able to defend its territory.

Jersey Jimmy wrote:

Is it bad that I want the music in the next Fallout game to be more modern? Not from right now, but from the late 60's to the mid 90's. If they did do that, 99 Luftballoons would be a must.

While personally, I like Fallout's soundtrack being older, I really would like more opportunities to be able to have more music. Maybe there would be a way that a future fallout game made it easy to import music from outside of the game into the the game. It would be pretty cool if they could integrate it with something like this:

Having a way to add more songs easily would make it so you could put whatever music you wanted to in the game. Even people like me who like the pre-60's soundtrack could add more songs, so that there is less of a repeat.

Dr. Bots wrote:

Out of all the Fallout villains who is your favorite?

frank is most likely the strongest being in the fallout world (aside from prime) and he is the only boss in the fallout series that cant be "defeated" via speech or barter like lanius or the master

Alright so I have Fallout 1 & 2 and I tried playing it a while back when the only way to run the game was by killing explorer.exe

After the first hour of walking around Fo1 wasting days trying to figure out where the hell to go, I lost focus and went to play other games. Fo1 is the kind of game requires too much thinking for my taste

However now that there's a version of Fo1 that works better on windows, I've decided to revisit Fo1 one more time and this time play it to the end, because no game is going unfinished before I die.

This time I'm going to start again from the beginning and follow some decent guides. Winging it wasn't working out for me.

Can anyone recommend some decent guides for Fo1 and 2?

Blue Screen (of Death) wrote:

Alright so I have Fallout 1 & 2 and I tried playing it a while back when the only way to run the game was by killing explorer.exe

After the first hour of walking around Fo1 wasting days trying to figure out where the hell to go, I lost focus and went to play other games. Fo1 is the kind of game requires too much thinking for my taste

However now that there's a version of Fo1 that works better on windows, I've decided to revisit Fo1 one more time and this time play it to the end, because no game is going unfinished before I die.

This time I'm going to start again from the beginning and follow some decent guides. Winging it wasn't working out for me.

Can anyone recommend some decent guides for Fo1 and 2?

Though I didn't play FO1 or 2 very much, they're far too slow for my taste, this guide has an excellent character build and lots of pointers. The Fallout Wikia is always a decent stop too.

BTW, "Fallout General" sounds like a place that could appear in a game. Maybe a clinic run by the Followers of the Apocalypse? The surgeon general could be a ghoul named Burn Ward or something.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hi! You must login or signup first!