Forums / Media / Video Games

38,578 total conversations in 2,693 threads

+ New Thread

Video game : epic boss battle (Spoiler Alert)

Last posted Oct 08, 2014 at 11:42PM EDT. Added Oct 07, 2014 at 03:12PM EDT
8 posts from 8 users

A few would include:

- Quadraxis: Metroid Prime 2
- Emperor Ing: Metroid Prime 2
- Dark Samus (Final Fight): Metroid Prime 2 (seeing a pattern?)
- Metroid Prime: Metroid Prime
- Ridley: Every game he's in
- Senator Armstrong: Metal Gear Rising
- Dark Gaia: Sonic Unleashed
- Ganondorf (All 4 parts): Zelda Twilight Princess
- Ghirahim (Final Fight): Zelda Skyward Sword
- Wheatley: Portal 2

I could probably think of 30 more but that's all I can think of off the top of my head.

I'd say the last boss in Sonic's storyline in Sonic Adventure was pretty epic. It was difficult as crap when I first played it, and the boss used several unexpected techniques (including barreling right through half of the stage and then slowly destroying the remaining area bit by bit). I can beat the boss now that I'm a more experienced gamer than I was when I first played the game, but it can be frustrating at times (especially near the end when he uses those moving spiked platforms) The twists in that fight really make Robotnik seem like the clever genius he truly is.

I'd say this is especially for the part at the end where you think you have him beat and then he lunges at you that one last time. I mean, sure, Tikal did warn you something was up, but still, you don't expect a boss to come back and strike like that after he's down. Of course, Eggman is known for his resiliency.

And there's the music. How can you NOT listen to this song and think "Holy crap, this is the end, isn't it"?

I'd say the actual final boss for the same game was pretty epic, as well. Perfect Chaos is certainly no pushover. Then again, most final bosses from Sonic games are pretty darn epic. (Doomsday Zone, Final Hazard, etc.)

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Howdy! You must login or signup first!