Forums / Media / Video Games

38,599 total conversations in 2,697 threads

+ New Thread

Ubisoft's stock prices nosedive due to terrible launch of Assassin's Creed: Unity

Last posted Nov 16, 2014 at 03:10AM EST. Added Nov 12, 2014 at 06:18PM EST
22 posts from 16 users

I really was excited for WatchDogs and was excited for The Division, but I'm sure they will just turn it into a fuckfest… Like their other games…

VERY few games do microtransactions. Valve, for example, selling cosmetics. Now, what is the point selling stuff that helps you in a single-player campaign? What the fuck??? It's an AAA version of what mobile games do, Buy pants to run faster! Money! Stuff!

Oh, and don't even start with bad ports, a guy with a GTX 770 and an i7Octacore processor had 30 frames per second, best case scenario

The last Ubisoft game that was quite good was AC: Black Flag, one of my favorite games of 2013 even. I used to like them, really… "Resolution is just a number", pfft… Not a single of my coins is going to those guys again.

Last edited Nov 12, 2014 at 06:57PM EST

Cale wrote:

It's times like these that I'm reminded I'm the last person who still likes Ubisoft.

Well, i still like Ubisoft too. Especially with their games like Rayman, Child of Light, and Valiant Hearts. Though i have to admit, i don't like how they're milking AC to death, but i like to believe that the money can be use to fund on smaller projects like CoL and Valiant Hearts in the future.

Last edited Nov 12, 2014 at 10:15PM EST

Crimson Locks wrote:

Honestly I'm not surprised seeing as Ubisoft seems to have no care for what the players actually want coughnofemaleassassinscough

I think that was more on ubisoft answering the wrong way.

Crimson Locks wrote:

Honestly I'm not surprised seeing as Ubisoft seems to have no care for what the players actually want coughnofemaleassassinscough

there is a female assassin tho it was liberation i think

Cale wrote:

It's times like these that I'm reminded I'm the last person who still likes Ubisoft.

I like Ubisoft for making Assassin's Creed and Rocksmith, but I hate how they treated their own employees.

Deathseller wrote:

there is a female assassin tho it was liberation i think

Wasn't that a shitty PS Vita exclusive though?

Also, when did AC: Unity come out? There has been no advertising whatsoever, and I'm pretty sure people are still obsessing over AC: Black Flag.

@Sam:
I agree, it was more about Ubisoft giving the most bs answer possible and then looking like fools when everyone working in the games industry called them out on it.

@Deathseller:
I was talking about no female assassins in Unity. Seriously, the game was about the French Revolution. Do you know how many female assassins there were during the actual French Revolution? Wasted opportunity, honestly. And you pointing out that there was indeed a female assassin in another game is just all the more reason Ubisoft's "We don't have time to work out the models" excuse was total bull.

@Epic Maymay:
Unity came out in North America on the 11th. I don't know what you're talking about with no advertising, I feel like for the past couple weeks I couldn't turn on the tv without seeing an ad about the game. Didn't seem to help their sales much though.

Last edited Nov 13, 2014 at 01:21AM EST

God fucking dammit Ubisoft. You had one job: make a good assassins creed game.

I can find better stealth (and a better game) in Shadow of Mordor. I'll go play that instead of being forced to be used your shitty steam knockoff, uPlay (heugh).

Honestly, Ubisoft had better tie their shoes so that Far Cry 4 isn't shit. If it is, I'm gonna smack them up the mouth.

Le Epic Maymay wrote:

Wasn't that a shitty PS Vita exclusive though?

Also, when did AC: Unity come out? There has been no advertising whatsoever, and I'm pretty sure people are still obsessing over AC: Black Flag.

Dude, where have you been? There are AC Unity ads all over. (especially if you are subscribed to gaming news channels like gamespot in youtube.)

Also, Liberation is not bad, it's just glitchy as fuck upon release.

Last edited Nov 13, 2014 at 04:18AM EST

Ah yes, Ubisoft. I remember the Watch Dogs release for PC and how it was basically intentionally shit.

No joke. People with the highest specs on their PC would still have trouble running Watch Dogs smoothly and still end up with worse results than the PS3. Some guys digged through the source code, and it turned out that this was done intentionally. The game's main console was the PS3, so to not end up outdone by the PC the devs were forced to intentionally downgrade the PC version by having certain graphic options turned off.

You can still get the PC version up to its actual graphics, and the result is quite good indeed, but it requires customer-made patches and that's just sad.

When a company cares that little about its players, they deserve this nosedive.

I stopped caring for Assassin's Creed, Ubisoft's biggest seller, by AC III, which was actually still pretty good, so was AC IV but that series with its similar mechanics is too milked for me already. Then Watch Dogs was overhyped, so I didn't spend a penny on it, and now Unity simply doesn't live up to the AC series anymore. Looks like they've finally milked the cow dry and are taking heavy losses. What will they do next, I wonder.

Onion Syrup wrote:

I stopped caring for Assassin's Creed, Ubisoft's biggest seller, by AC III, which was actually still pretty good, so was AC IV but that series with its similar mechanics is too milked for me already. Then Watch Dogs was overhyped, so I didn't spend a penny on it, and now Unity simply doesn't live up to the AC series anymore. Looks like they've finally milked the cow dry and are taking heavy losses. What will they do next, I wonder.

Milk FarCry to death.

Samekichi Kiseki wrote:

Dude, where have you been? There are AC Unity ads all over. (especially if you are subscribed to gaming news channels like gamespot in youtube.)

Also, Liberation is not bad, it's just glitchy as fuck upon release.

I've been here.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Namaste! You must login or signup first!