Forums / Media / Video Games

38,575 total conversations in 2,693 threads

+ New Thread

Favorite Video Game Weapon?

Last posted Jan 27, 2015 at 09:41PM EST. Added Jan 25, 2015 at 09:00AM EST
38 posts from 36 users

Mine has to be the Hidden Blade from Assassin's Creed.

It's just an extremely cool weapon to be wielding. It can be used for stealth and combat, and it's really awesome doing it.

From Turok 2 and 3 with love.

Step 1. Lock-on a target that possesses a brain.
Step 2. Launch the bore.
Step 3. Watch as the bore drills the skull of the target and extracts brain matter.
Step 4. Witness how the bore, after emptying the head's content, blows it to kingdom come.

Last edited Jan 25, 2015 at 09:39AM EST

Necromagenvion wrote:

From Turok 2 and 3 with love.

Step 1. Lock-on a target that possesses a brain.
Step 2. Launch the bore.
Step 3. Watch as the bore drills the skull of the target and extracts brain matter.
Step 4. Witness how the bore, after emptying the head's content, blows it to kingdom come.

That's freaking sweet.

I'm tied between Krieg's Buzz Axe from Borderlands 2

Which utterly destroys enemies at higher levels in Borderlands 2 and the action skill associated with it is pretty friggin cool.
And the Soldier's Rocket Launcher

Which I honestly think is one of the best weapons in TF2 and in any multiplayer game I've ever played.

The Anti Materiel Rifle (Fallout New Vegas)

because nothing says "fuck you and your petty legion soldiers" harder than a Veteran ranger with a weapon that was used to destroy tanks

The obelisk of Light (c&c tiberian series)

This bad boy will destroy anything to the simple GDI soldier to ghost stalkers to a mammoth mk II (aka the star wars walker expy) nobody is safe from this beast

My favorite weapon would have to be Eddie Riggs's guitar Clementine from Brütal Legend. Not only does it strike down lightning or set enemies on fire, but it can also summon a flaming zeppelin to crash down and deal massive damage!

I don't exactly know of any cool obscure weapons so don't expect me to be original or anything:

and

I swear I knew more but at the top of my head these are what I could come up with and are my favorites for sure.

Dante's DMC3 weapons were pretty dank. Especially Cerberus and Nevon. Death by keychain and guitar solos.

Last edited Jan 25, 2015 at 03:15PM EST

I call your Anti-Material Rifle DeathSeller, and raise you Euclid's C-Finder.

Three words: ORBITAL. SPACE. LASER.

Besides that, I'd probably go with the Loose Cannon from TF2.

The knockback's INSANE. You can easily knock people off cliffs, even Heavies! Also, if you time the shot JUST right, it does HUGE damage.

Last edited Jan 25, 2015 at 03:44PM EST

Jack Black wrote:

Mines is Fenrir from kingdom Hearts 2. Because it was the name of Clouds motorcycle ridden in Final Fantasy VII Advent Children.

Fenrir is also the name of a Norse mythological wolf that eats Odin.

I have a ton of favourite video game weapons, but if I have to say a favourite it'd probably be Soul Edge

There are so many cool ones it's hard to choose. Off the top of my head, I'd say the gauss rifle from fallout 3:

It has amazing accuracy, high power, and it looks badass. The cherry on top us that it sends people flying with every hit.

Last edited Jan 25, 2015 at 04:39PM EST

Give me a shotgun, and I'll take on the world, but special mention to Painkiller's.

In addition to being powerful enough to blow enemies across the room in a thoroughly statisfying manner, it also has a freezethrower attached. So if you need a little crowd control, toss an ice blast into a line of bogeys and shatter 'em!

Honorable mention in Painkiller goes to the Electrodriver

To quote Yahtzee: "It shoots shurikens and lightning. The only way it could be cooler would be if it had tits and was on fire."

The Metal Blades from Megaman II.

Even after multiple sequels and spin offs, I still think this is one of the most incredible weapons in the series. It has a ridiculously large amount of ammo, can be thrown in all eight directions, and will obliterate 75% of the enemies in the game in a matter of seconds. (The other 25% are completely immune, something 5-year-old me learned the hard way.)

I also really liked how Metal Man himself was weak to the Metal Blades, going down with just a couple of hits from them. Not even the weapon's robot master can handle their overpowered might.

Does the portal gun count as a weapon?

If not, then probably the gauss rifle from Crysis, or as I like to call it, the point-and-click rifle.

The idea is that it uses magnets to fire a projectile at close to the speed of light meaning you don't need to lead your shots and it's a one shot kill at any range, even in multiplayer. Hence; point-and-click rifle.

Boomerang Machete from Postal 2

It's a Machete that you throw, it destroys everything and it comes back. Nothing else needs to be said.
"It's like bowling, only cooler!"

Caliburn from Sonic and the Black Knight:

I mean think about it, we all think that swords are cool but most of us have no idea how to use one. The cool thing about Caliburn is that he's a living sword that can teach you swordsmanship (and etiquette) PLUS he can act of his own accord so it's like having a weapon and an ally at the same time. Also if you get the other sacred swords you can get this swanky-ass armor:

Hedgehog Claws from Kid Icarus Uprising:

Sure they have a short range and the individual shots are weak, but these thing goes off like a machine gun, give you rapid, strong melee attacks, and you're so fast with them that you can close in the distance between yourself and your opponent so quickly that the range won't matter. Also, the pair that I use set enemies on fire and boost my defense.

The M82A2 from MGS4. The iconic .50 rifle, in bullpup form so it's slightly smaller and lighter. I don't like fictional weapons except for the cool effects of some like electric arc guns that shock clustered enemies.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Word Up! You must login or signup first!