Forums / Media / Video Games

38,603 total conversations in 2,698 threads

+ New Thread

Can you guys recommend a good ultraviolent game?

Last posted Feb 26, 2015 at 02:16PM EST. Added Feb 25, 2015 at 04:01PM EST
21 posts from 20 users

The ideal scenario would be something that batshit gory with lots of ripping and tearing, very over the top. Something that plays sort of like Brutal Doom, but is more modern. I finished Dead Space 1 and am working on 2 right now, and I got an unreasonable amount of satisfaction from Isaac's D̛̛E̴A̸T͏̨̕H͏͟͝ ̷S̸͠͠T̕͢O̸M̕P, so much so that I thought "Hell, if there were a game that was just this, I'd be satisfied."

So now I'm looking for one for the good ol' catharsis factor. Any suggestions?

Warhammer 40k: Space Marine is a pretty fucking violent game. There are a lot of "fatality" style executions you can perform; for example, you can literally stomp an Ork's head into bloody mush. You can take your chainsword and drive it into an Ork's mouth, causing it to jut out of the back of his skull. You can take an Ork's shield and bash it over his head until he dies.

Last edited Feb 25, 2015 at 04:29PM EST

Both of the Left 4 Dead games are incredibly bloody and violent… unless, of course, you live in Germany or Australia. But if you don't, I'm willing to bet the series is among the most violent in video game history. There's also Carmageddon, if you're into late-90s vehicular manslaughter.

I simply have to recommend Hotline Miami as a good game that fits your bill, good action game with a surreal and disturbing atmosphere and the goal of doing "basic jobs and chores" that definitely have no metaphors for taking down members of a russian mafia for some guy giving you prefectly normal phonecalls using knifes, pool cues, beer cans and a uzi while you're wearing a unicorn mask that can slience all of your gunfire.

Also I'm pretty sure the sequel of this game is out too so you might want to check that out.

Well, there is Manhunt and Manhunt 2

Postal and Postal 2. But if you want violence, I recommend you the first one.

Brutal Doom.

God Of War. I recommend the 2 part.

Call Of Duty MWW2. If you want to play as a terrorist, this it the game.

Hotline Miami.

MadWorld. Only in Wii :/

SplatterHouse

Soldier Of Fortune. If you want to shoot some people and dismember then.

It might not have an official port, but The Dishwasher: Vampire Smile (originally for Xbox but got pirated to PC) is pretty gory and it's a fun side scrolling beat-'em-up, so it doesn't require too much dedication to play.

Ah… Gorey games are some of the most satisfying games ever. Well some peeps already mentioned MadWorld and The Dishwasher: Vampire Smile (the latter being an absolutely underrated game imo and is best played on a controller so go buy it on xbox live!,) allow me to bring up No More Heroes. You'd like it so much more if you're an over-the-top anime-loving kind of guy. Skip to around 5:00 mins of the video to see what the gameplay is like and if you dig it.

Also since I have a soft spot for Dishwasher, here's a gameplay vid. More or less 2D No More Heroes but less anime and more crudely artsy. The game starts to shine in the vid by the 3:30 mark. love the music

Last edited Feb 26, 2015 at 12:28AM EST
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Word Up! You must login or signup first!