Forums / Media / Video Games

38,603 total conversations in 2,698 threads

+ New Thread

Is Nintendo doomed?

Last posted Mar 05, 2015 at 05:27PM EST. Added Feb 28, 2015 at 04:03AM EST
26 posts from 24 users

This post has been hidden due to low karma.
Click here to show this post.

Hey, guys, before you downvote me, I am a huge Nintendo fan, have been all my life, but Nintendo might actually be doomed this time.
Everyone on the internet hates them now, that means the majority hates them. Nintendo keeps making dumbass decisions, like the Youtube program, New 3ds not coming with a charger, amiibo stocking, non powerful hardware etc. I would also like to point out the fact that Nintendo has little to no fans left, hell, this website used to have so much Nintendo fans, it feels like they all left or started hating Nintendo, also, most of the youtube comments relating to Nintendo are hate comments, but youtube isn't the only site that hates Nintendo, I could go on and on if you liked me too. Most of Nintendo's fans have moved to PlayStation or Xbox, because they think Nintendo is no longer relevant in the gaming industry. I still think Nintendo is relevant, I still love them, I will continue to support them and criticize them when they mess up, but I feel like I am in the minority, and I think I might be.

Didn't we said about this in your previous thread?
And you still believe Youtube comments. How many times we said that Youtube comments are the last thing you should trust on.

3DS XL didn't included a charger, but that wasn't a problem.

And Nintendo no longer being relevant? Are you serious? Nintendo is a big company even today. Which is a great achievement considering how some companies met their fate (SEGA,etc….)

I'm telling you that Nintendo will survive long enough. They aren't failing.

"NIntendo has little to no fans left."

10 million Wii U owners and over 50 million 3DS owners says otherwise, and Nintendo's first party releases still sell over a million or more copies.

Nintendo can make some odd decisions, sure, but they've never been doomed at all. People have been calling Nintendo doomed since the Sega Genesis (or Mega Drive for you non-North Americans) arrived in 1989, and Nintendo's still going strong.

I would also like to point out the fact that Nintendo has little to no fans left, hell, this website used to have so much Nintendo fans, it feels like they all left or started hating Nintendo, also, most of the youtube comments relating to Nintendo are hate comments, but youtube isn’t the only site that hates Nintendo, I could go on and on if you liked me too. Most of Nintendo’s fans have moved to PlayStation or Xbox, because they think Nintendo is no longer relevant in the gaming industry. I still think Nintendo is relevant, I still love them, I will continue to support them and criticize them when they mess up, but I feel like I am in the minority, and I think I might be.

Nintendo has the most loyal fanbase out of the consoles. If Nintendo's fanbase is doomed, then Playstation's and Xbox's fanbases would already be doomed a decade ago. The only one that has a stronger 'fanbase' is PC Gaming, and that is only because they have Religious Fanaticism.

>This website used to have so much Nintendo fans
Ah yes, because a site not centered around either gaming or Nintendo clearly is a good indicator that Nintendo fans are dying. Yet for some reason 3 Nintendo galleries (Zelda, Smash, and Pokemon) manage to be our top visited galleries daily.

>Youtube comments.
>Youtube comments.
>Youtube comments.
See this is why you're getting called an idiot, because only an idiot would take friggin Youtube comments out of all areas as a serious indicator. Youtube comments are a bland collection of flametrolls and haters, and nothing else.

Please go on because I would like you to. If Youtube comments is your main source then I would be entertained to find out what the rest of your sources are.

>Most Nintendo fans have moved to Playstation or Xbox.
More like the other way around. If your sources on believing this is customer reviews saying that they're totally gonna sell their WiiU now, none of those are doing that and you are stupid if you believe them.

>Nintendo is no longer relevant to the gaming industry.
Clearly because they still sell the most consoles and handhelds #sarcasm

>"But I feel like I am in the minority"
The only minority you are in is the minority of people even remotely believing Nintendo might be doomed.

Please stop seeing spectres and understand that Nintendo's position in the market is extremely solid with no near chance of ever getting doomed.

Last edited Feb 28, 2015 at 06:29AM EST

Nintendo may be falling behind a bit, but they're far from "irrelevant" and "doomed". They'll catch up eventually. Sure, their hardware may be relatively weak, but all that's made up for with a massive library of first-party software. And they still have a massive fanbase and lots of money. And YouTube comments? You still believe them? Just how gullible are you?

Maybe you're just paranoid. Quit worrying so much. Look on the bright side of things for once. And do some friggen research while you're at it.

Last edited Feb 28, 2015 at 05:35AM EST

It's ok.

Nintendo can afford to make its own path at this juncture, and honestly, it probably has to. After keeping cartridges for the N64, Nintendo is likely to be behind a company that's known for computers and another that's known for a lot of other products and technologies. They have different things to offer in gaming.

I agree that Nintendo may be behind for a while or indefinitely. But what sells their consoles now is their first-party games and strong loyalty to those games. The Wii was an anomaly as it was able to engage the casual person beyond the casual gamer. Now the casual gamer and casual person have smartphones and tablet games. The GameCube also did poorly relatively. Prior to that, technologies were more similar among PlayStation, Sega, and Nintendo. Prior to that, Nintendo and Sega both had decent first-party games and shared similar qualities across platforms.

Further, despite games like Super Smash Bros. or Mario, I don't believe the Wii U launched or even currently has a strong enough first party lineup to sell itself to the same numbers as Sony or Microsoft. Pokemon by itself can sell the 3DS in addition to Zelda games/remakes, Fire Emblem, and having a near monopoly on handheld gaming. And the combination of Zelda, Mario, Smash, Mario Kart, Donkey Kong, Metroid, Starfox, Fire Emblem, etc. will sell the Wii, and Zelda, Metroid, Starfox, and Fire Emblem is missing still.

The reason for this is because the third-party games on other consoles are better for the PC, PlayStation, and Xbox. If you want a game that isn't specific to Nintendo, then it may not even be on the Wii U (and I've had experience with other cross-platform games for Sony and Nintendo, and Nintendo's product has not been as good as the PS version.) So Nintendo sells to the gamer by having a strong library of games only Nintendo has. Sony, Microsoft, and PC sell from the same set of games for the most part.

Where the hell do you keep on getting this "research" from? How many times have we told you Amiibo shortages came from a port strike that Nintendo have no control over and to never trust any website's comments, especially YouTube's. And as for the New 3DS XL not having a charger, it's more than likely to follow how Nintendo of Japan has done their DS and 3DS revisions as both the 3DS XL and New 3DS didn't come with chargers. And Nintendo is far from doomed when they have a multi-billion franchise like Pokemon, which for the record has had not only a line of video games, but also a card game, anime, various manga series, several films, toy lines, and several more things that have kept on running strong since it first launched.
Now before you make another thread on Nintendo, just please stop reading YouTube comments, which for the record can no longer be downvoted so arguments are invalid to begin with.

this grapic shows that most WiiU owners owned a Wii before, and that most Wii owners now own a PS4 or a XB1, the percentage of peopel who've owned another 7th gen console and moved to WiiU for newgen is smaller than those of XB1 and PS4:

sure, nintendo has a reputation of being conservative, releasing kiddie games on kiddie consoles, having weak hardware, always beefing with 3rd party publishers/studios and only surviving because of their hardcore fanbase that never grew up since snes.
bad decisions are also not uncommon (hello there, new 3ds. oh wiiu, only p1 can use that huge controller thingy?), and nintendo does have issues with getting decent 3rd party games for their console, may it be because their hardware is weak or unpopular, or because nintendo's policies regarding that are bad.
but on the other hand, nintendo has some of the strongest brands and franchises in gaming, and predicitons of nintendo going down the shitter have been around since before most people here were even born. atari's and sega's console business went down while nintendo survived, though i'm not saying it's impossible that nintendo might withdraw from the home-console market. but i don't think nintendo will let their franchises go to waste even if that happens (which is what most nintendo fans are afraid of when thinking about nintendo being doomed, isn't it?).
nintendo's still a profit-oriented company, so letting zelda, pokemon etc. go down together with their consoles is unlikely.
(that wouldn't be that bad honestly, i'd love to see some nintendo franchises on the playstation :P)
assuming that handhelds altogether aren't dead yet (woo hoo, shitty smartphone touch controls), nintendo does great on the handheld market, ps vita is the one considered "dead" there.

Nintendo isn't stupid, they have been in the bussiness longer than anyone else and survived worse stuff, people keep b*tching about third party support but ultimately buy the console to get their exclusives.

From what I've seen this is not the first time you use Youtube comments as a reference (Good lord…) Get yo' facts straight kid

Legendarylankman wrote:

Hey, guys, before you downvote me, I am a huge Nintendo fan, have been all my life, but Nintendo might actually be doomed this time.
Everyone on the internet hates them now, that means the majority hates them. Nintendo keeps making dumbass decisions, like the Youtube program, New 3ds not coming with a charger, amiibo stocking, non powerful hardware etc. I would also like to point out the fact that Nintendo has little to no fans left, hell, this website used to have so much Nintendo fans, it feels like they all left or started hating Nintendo, also, most of the youtube comments relating to Nintendo are hate comments, but youtube isn't the only site that hates Nintendo, I could go on and on if you liked me too. Most of Nintendo's fans have moved to PlayStation or Xbox, because they think Nintendo is no longer relevant in the gaming industry. I still think Nintendo is relevant, I still love them, I will continue to support them and criticize them when they mess up, but I feel like I am in the minority, and I think I might be.

being a nintendo fan don't will save you from my downvote also nintendo is from far being doomed they have enough money from the wii and the nintendo DS those two consoles are the kings of the last gen also i don't see hate of nintendo this site since 3 nintendo galleries are the most visited daily in this site, there no many nintendo fans since this site is only about memes not nintendo and no you are the minority think nintendo is doomed they still gained profit of his consoles is irrevelant how units sold and they still relevant since they making console. stop putting the youtube comments as your source in between youtube comments are trolls,flame wars, hate with ignorance and stupidity. mostly reason i don't read the comments sometimes stop believe what the comments say kid.

Piccata Titicaca wrote:

Why do you keep making these threads?
Are you a troll or something?

I so then he;s the most convincing concern troll I've ever witnessed

I don't think so. They've been facing some rough spots due to riding the casual bandwagon with the Wii and that bit them in the ass when the mobile market dethroned and cut the Wii's head off. I hold the opinion that I think a lot of people do--Nintendo's got to start making some new IPs. The Splatoon game's a good start, but they need to keep it up. Mario, Zelda, and Smash can only be wrung for so much money. The more they rely on them, the harder their situation's going to be.

That said, Nintendo has a fuckton of cash. 10.5 billion dollars to be precise--in cash. They're not in any trouble for the near future.

Nintendo has a few billions in the bank, they're no where near "doomed".
They would have to be on the verge of bankruptcy in order to be doomed.

Pro tip: relying on a YouTube comment as a source of info is a shitty idea.

Fitting music for reading this thread:

In all seriousness though, Nintendo isn't doomed, and they have plenty of fans. Even if they do screw up sometimes, those mistakes are not enough to kill the company. No one's pissed off enough about the lack of amiibo or chargers with the New 3DS to boycott every Nintendo product. Nintendo is a hardware and software first and foremost, and they haven't had many problems in those areas except lack of stock, which can partially be attributed to causes outside the company (port strikes, etc.). If they were shipping out millions of Wii Us that won't even turn on, or a new Mario game that could easily glitch up and brick the console, that would be enough to screw them over, but that hasn't happened, and probably won't happen any time in the future.

And please, please, please, stop reading the YouTube comments. I don't mean to come off as mean, but I legitimately think you cannot handle them, otherwise you wouldn't be making these threads. I don't know what browser you use, but here's a blocker for Chrome, and here's one for Firefox. Hope they help.

Believing that Nintendo is doomed because of Youtube comments is as illogical as believing in the Anti-Vaccination movement because of Facebook comments. Nintendo is here to stay!

Lycanroc wrote:

RandomMan should lock this thread since he locked the other one as well.

I locked the other because it was a dupe to this one. It's fine to keep the original around.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

O HAI! You must login or signup first!