Forums / Media / Video Games

38,603 total conversations in 2,698 threads

+ New Thread

Dungeon Fighter Online goes into beta testing on Tuesday

Last posted Mar 29, 2015 at 02:26PM EDT. Added Mar 18, 2015 at 01:59PM EDT
6 posts from 3 users

Neople's deliciously addictive beat 'em up MMO is getting re-released under their own banner, minus Nexon being a dick this time. Their beta stage, of which I do not know many of the specifics of, admittedly, begins next Tuesday, March 24. Here's what little I do know:

• Blitz system out, Fatigue system reinstated. Sadly, this means a hard cap on a character's activity per day, but from my experience, you can still get 6+ hours of gameplay from a single character and fatigue is not shared. Neople's mentioned that they'll monitor if things seem unfairly limiting for a western audience. We shall see.
  • Supposedly, they'll be trying to keep a tight leash on gold sellers, bots, etc. They've gone into no details beyond the reinstatement of the fatigue system being one of the things.
  • A few new class advancements. Dark Knight sounds like Slayer, but could be Priest. No idea what Creator is. Maybe Mage?
  • The game is NOT being monetized until it goes gold. That means there are no micropayments whatsoever in this beta. I highly approve.

Anybody planning on joining in? I'll probably be maining a Priest, which will almost certainly be Exorcist, possibly Monk too.

I played in the Alpha, so I'll probably just be trying to reach cap with my Female Launcher for the first few days.

Dark Knight is indeed a Slayer, and is basically a fusion of all the classes minus the buffs and plus a combo system or something like that.

Creator is a Mage that uses the mouse instead of the usual z-x inputs to attack. Attacks include magic bolts, meteor showers, making trees grow out of nowhere… and basically she's overall OP as hell. And so is Dark Knight, really. Neither of them are able to PvP, though, if I remember correctly.

>Neither of them are able to PvP, though, if I remember correctly.

Fine by me. I hate PvP.

Thank you for responding. Glad to know I won't be the only one playing. After 2 days, I was starting to wonder.

Awwwww yisssssss. The day has arrived! Servers go live 9 AM GMT (technically UTC, but they're very similar).Hopefully tomorrow will be able to balance out what is likely to be a decidedly unfun day for me and mine.

Janet Jackson wrote:

Yeah, i planned to join in too. Sigh, still in process selecting my wedding gown package Singapore.

Hmmmm…an account four hours old posts on a mostly dead thread with a sketchy link. A sketchy link also in your profile and no other activity to speak of.

Perhaps it's paranoia, but can I get some confirmation of there being a sapient being on the other end of that screen name?

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Word Up! You must login or signup first!