Forums / Media / Video Games

38,577 total conversations in 2,693 threads

+ New Thread

RPG maker

Last posted Mar 26, 2015 at 12:52PM EDT. Added Mar 23, 2015 at 08:53PM EDT
9 posts from 8 users

Hey does anyone here use or has used RPG maker for making games. I got it a bit a go and have been making my own game. I thought I would make a thread for since I'm really enjoying the program. I'll post my own game eventually, I'm just nervous to post the game since I traced a lot of art for it.

Natsuruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!!!!!! _

※
pls give words of wisdom in that area? ><

dont mind me at all because im noone BUT im going to be honest 100%. and say starting an RpG is veryyyyy tedious. Also when you dont have "big name° company credit card or somewhat. that it is very time consuming. Personally i would love to contribute to someone having the same experience i had playing a timeless jRPG, but now with cell shaded wii U glory. It has been begging to be done but no one will touch it because of finances and commitment

Oh yes. I'm currently making an RPG maker game. Most of the map assets are the default ones, but I'm working on most of the ememy sprites and character sprites. But like Alex said, RPG making can be a bit tedious,Ive clocked over 200 hours into making the game and I'm only on the 2nd dungeon. Anyhow, if you happen to need some help with your game or need any tips, I'll be glad to help.

I always toyed around with RPG Maker 2003 – VX back in the day when I didn't even have internet! I made some really funny, but spooky, game where this transparent chef kept popping up and saying "Howdy!" before the screen would flash black and he'd disappear with a scream sound effect.

Btw, if anyone has RPG Maker XP, and they want to make a Pokemon game, I highly suggest checking out Pokemon Essentials.

Link

A complete game made with Pokemon Essentials is Pokemon Zeta/Omicron which can be found on le reddit below:

Link

and there's an even better game by the same team called called Pokemon Insurgence.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hi! You must login or signup first!