PROTIP: Press 'i' to view the image gallery, 'v' to view the video gallery, or 'r' to view a random entry.
This submission is currently being researched & evaluated!
You can help confirm this entry by contributing facts, media, and other evidence of notability and mutation.
(W.I.P, feel free to submit editorship)
HUGELOL’s description found on the site:
Scroll. See. Laugh. Repeat.
HUGELOL is the place where you go if you want to have a laugh, be surprised, meet cool people or check what’s new on the internet.
With over 157,000 active users you will never be alone again. And they’re all here for the same reason: FUN!
The internet is a fascinating tool and HUGELOL makes sure you are using 100% of it. It’s always fresh and fun to use. Unless you’re using Internet Explorer 6
Our name comes from the acronym LOL. It stands for Laughing Out Loud. We want to spread happiness and everyone is invited to join us.
HUGELOL is now spreading the happiness to your social networks as well. If you are looking for more entertainment, follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, Pinterest or Google+.
The origin was 9gag. By the day a group of 9gag veterans were tired of all the unfunny posts, like kittens, they decided to start their own site. After they have finished creating HUGELOL and were ready for users to come, they posted a post on the Fresh page. This post was a message to people who grew tired of the kittens and cake on 9gag, and wanted the old 9gag back. When it was funny. Readers of that post were going to HUGELOL, growing hate against 9gag.
Simplicity and costumization
HUGELOL’s description found on the site
We believe these two words are crucial for enjoying the posts on our site.
Have it your way. A big difference between HUGELOL and other fun networks is the huge amount of options available in our settings. Still, we manage to stay extremely user-friendly and simple.
You don’t want to see reposts? You can disable them (turned on by default). You don’t like a certain user? Ignore him/her. Want to be recognized? Give yourself a cool avatar. You want to change the way your HUGELOL looks? We have multiple options for that.
Even though we offer powerful costumization features, we make sure that the site is user-friendly and simple. The default settings are scientifically guaranteed to maximize the Fun for 99% of our users.
To make sure HUGELOL works the way it should, you need to use a modern browser. We recommend Google Chrome as the browser of choice. Still, an up-to-date version of Firefox, Safari, Opera or even Internet Explorer will also do fine.
Found on the site:
- Remember the human. When you communicate online, all you see is a computer screen. When talking to someone you might want to ask yourself “Would I say it to the person’s face?” or “Would I get jumped if I said this to a buddy?”
- Adhere to the same standards of behavior online that you follow in real life.
- Read the rules of a community before making a submission. These are usually found in the sidebar.
- Read the Guidelines. Read it again every once in a while. The Guidelines are a living, breathing, working document which may change over time as the community faces new problems in its growth.
- Moderate based on quality, not opinion. Well written and interesting content can be worthwhile, even if you disagree with it.
- Use proper grammar and spelling. Intelligent discourse requires a standard system of communication. Be open for gentle corrections.
- Keep your submission titles factual and opinion free. If it is an outrageous topic, share your crazy outrage in the comment section.
- Look for the original source of content, and submit that. Often, a blog will reference another blog, which references another, and so on with everyone displaying ads along the way. Dig through those references and submit a link to the creator.
- Vote. If you think something contributes to conversation, like it. If you think it does not contribute, dislike it.
- Search for duplicates before posting. Redundancy posts add nothing new to previous conversations. That said, sometimes bad timing, a bad title, or just plain bad luck can cause an interesting story to fail to get noticed. Feel free to post something again if you feel that the earlier posting didn’t get the attention it deserved and you think you can do better.
- Consider posting constructive criticism / an explanation when you dislike something, and do so carefully and tactfully.
- Report any spam you find.
- Browse the new Fresh page and vote on it. Regard it, perhaps, as a public service.
- Posts containing explicit material such as nudity, horrible injury etc, are not allowed on HUGELOL and should not be posted.
- Use an “Innocent until proven guilty” mentality. Unless there is obvious proof that a submission is fake, or is whoring Karma, please don’t say it is. It ruins the experience for not only you, but the thousands of people that browse HUGELOL every day.
- Read over your submission for mistakes before submitting, especially the title of the submission.
- Engage in illegal activity.
- Post someone’s personal information, or post links to personal information. This includes links to public Facebook pages and screenshots of Facebook pages with the names still legible. We all get outraged by the ignorant things people say and do online, but witch hunts and vigilantism hurt innocent people too often, and such posts or comments will be removed. Users posting personal info are subject to an immediate account deletion. If you see a user posting personal info, please contact the admins. Additionally, on pages such as Facebook, where personal information is often displayed, please mask the personal information and personal photographs using a blur function, erase function, or simply block it out with color. When personal information is relevant to the post (i.e. comment wars) please use color blocking for the personal information to indicate whose comment is whose.
- Be rude when someone doesn’t follow the Guidelines. Just point them here politely.
- Be intentionally rude at all. By choosing not to be rude, you increase the overall civility of the community and make it better for all of us.
- Follow those who are rabble rousing against another HUGELOLLER without first investigating both sides of the issue that’s being presented. Those who are inciting this type of action often have malicious reasons behind their actions and are, more often than not, a troll. Remember, every time a HUGELOLLER who’s contributed large amounts of effort into assisting the growth of community as a whole is driven away, projects that would benefit the whole easily flounder.
- Ask people to Troll others on HUGELOL, in real life, or on other blogs/sites. We aren’t your personal army.
- Conduct personal attacks on other commenters. Ad hominem and other distracting attacks do not add anything to the conversation.
- Start a flame war. Just report and “walk away”. If you really feel you have to confront them, leave a polite message with a quote or link to the rules, and no more.
- Insult others. Insults do not contribute to a rational discussion. Constructive Criticism, however, is appropriate and encouraged.
- Troll. Trolling Does not contribute to the conversation.
- Take moderation positions in a community where your profession, employment, or biases could pose a direct conflict of interest to the neutral and user driven nature of HUGELOL.
Once, HUGELOL had a breakdown. A random hacker has taken down the site and deleted all the datas. This caused the deletion of all accounts, all comments and all posts. It was a fresh start again. HUGELOL recovered from this, and it’s gone back to the way like it was before
A really strange, yet interesting topic.
It was on a day when a HUGELOL user with the username of Shafdude, became obsessed with bananas.
Shafdude did not stop posting about bananas. He posted about bananas so much, other people decided to become followers of Shafdude. They kept posting about bananas, much to the dissapointment of other users.
As Shafdude and his ’’followers’’ kept posting about bananas, it was a group of people that decided to counterattack the bananas, by doing the same as they did. Only difference is, that they didn’t post about bananas. They posted about melons.
Bananas vs Melons
A little while after the posters of the melons have made their entrance, the bananas have noticed the melons, as there were posters on the Melon side that mocked the bananas. Naturally, the bananas then started posting posts too, mocking the melons. After a few weeks, the bananas vs melons chaos has finally come to an end, as the melons have sworn to keep on going untill the bananas stopped. The bananas have stopped posting about bananas for no known reason, so the melons stopped too. This is a war that did not leave the minds of the victims of this war.
Bananapple; The Chronicler of Hugelol
Bananapple was also a user of HUGELOL that got a lot of attention. He made a few post, which most of them got upvoted a lot, and has been greatly known on HUGELOL, untill he was forgotten. However, his tales have not been forgotten. Below are all his tales.
The tale of analdestroyer6969
Only a short time ago, there was a young man by the well-chosen name of analdestroyer6969. He started out on this site like most do; uploading Tumblr posts for quick and dirty upvotes. This worked out well for young analdestroyer6969. Until one day, he was struck by a mightier force than he. His post is a repost, claims the mightier force. Analdestroyer6969 did not approve of this, and told him ‘’lol u piece of shit, i’ll fukkin hack you and beat the shit out of you, you didn’t even give me a link m8’’. And for a while, it seemed to had worked. Analdestroyer6969 did not hear from his agressor for days. Then, analdestroyer6969 got what he didn’t expect. on an unexpected time. His agressor had the link. Only a few minutes later, analdestroyer6969 was dealt with the final blow. His post got deleted. Distraught, analdestroyer6969 became the thing he once hated. Analdestroyer6969 had done the only thing he could think of. He fought fire with fire. He did not discriminate; all posts were reposts in his eyes. He did not stop until the Front page lay smoking in ruins and the Fresh page rose in power, bringing about destruction to the whole site. Some time later, he encountered a lone survivor. Analdestroyer did what he always did at the post, and the poster begged for mercy. Deep inside him, analdestroyer6969 found a single twinge of empathy. He contemplated letting the poor man slip through the cracks and escape to the Front page. But it was too late. After that day, analdestroyer6969 became a heavy drinker and eventually commited suicide. He coud not live with with the emotional burden of murdering thousands of jokes. You want to know who’s responsible for the site’s condition today?
Blame fucking analdestroyer6969. Never forget, Never forgive
The tale of WiingS
Many of us know Wiings as the shadowed figure sitting at the back of the room, permanently hooked up to a life support machine so he can spend the rest of his life hunting for comedy gold on the internet without needing to worry of taking care of himself. Some say he is part of a machine, for only a bot could accomplish so much in so little time. Many would accuse WiingS of using bots to upvote his comments; sadly, this is not true. He has the entire population of HUGELOL under his spell. However, you may be surprised to know that long ago, WiingS was but a regular HUGELOL user, much like yourself. This style of posting didn’t make WiingS extremely popular, but it did get him a small amount of recognition. He was satisfied with this, until one day, he made a mistake that eventually lead to his downfall. On a 4chan post, he commented ‘’lol wtf is it with these 4chan posts? They’re ruining the fucking website’’. His behavior did not go unpunished. A 4chan user on HUGELOL replied ‘’You probably made the biggest mistake in your life’‘. And he had. For the next ten weeks, 4chan assaulted WiingS with pizza deliveries using his address, phone calls that rang every 5 minutes 24/7, and email spam that never stopped. They Ddos’d him until his router cried out in pain… And was silenced…. After WiingS bought a new router, 4chan had one demand from him: ’’I’ll tell you what: If you want us to stop destroying your life, you gotta do some stuff for us. The rest of your life? You spend it uploading posts from 4chan, and 4chan only. We’ll send images and gifs to you on a whenever-the-fuck-we-want-basis. You’ll do this for us or we’ll do what we did to you to your friends and family’’. From that day on, WiingS was nothing but a slave to the mighty empire that is 4chan. The only way to ever free WiingS from his captors is to stop upvoting his posts. When his captors realize that he is of no more use, they will release him and finally free him from his torment.
Save WiingS: Downvote his posts.
The tale of homologiusys
At first glance, the user homologiusys seems like your typical HUGELOL-destroying douchebag. In actuality, however, homologiusys is a time traveler from the year 2001. He comes from a simpler time; a time when reposting was not only encouraged, but was a way to be popular. His crazy uncle Steve transported him to September 2015, and he’s been trying to get back ever since. He is currently stuck in our time (give or take 3 months) and desperately wants to escape back to his world of pre-9/11 freedom (don’t tell him about that, by the way, it’ll break spacetime). He is trying to build a time machine that can transport him to the past, but is having trouble getting it to transport him farther back than 3 months. You may have noticed that his posts have more upvotes the further you go back in his profile. This is because even though all his posts are reposts, some of his posts haven’t been created yet in our timeline (most will be created 3 months from now). In order to save this young poor man, we must downvote all his reposts so that he will know he isn’t traveling back farther in time (because when he does go farther back, his reposts will not have been created, and thus will seem like original content to us). We will know he has succeeded in his mission when his account is deleted, having it never been created in the first place. This is an exciting time for us all, and has the potential to answer some very confusing question about space and time. For instance, will his posts even exist when he succeeded his mission? Is the fact that you are reading this tale proof that he never managed to fix his time machine?
Downvote homologiusys’ posts to save space/time
On April 1st, the admins have decided that they should fill the site with Nicolas Cage. Everywhere you looked on the site, there was Nicolas Cage. There was even a video playing, starring Nicolas Cage, covering the whole page. This video could be hidden by inserting a code in Adblock.
There were different ’’religions’’ on Hugelol.
Here is a list of the people who were worshipped by different users.
- Natalia Poklonskaya (Forgotten)
- Nicolas Cage (Forgotten)
- Hide the pain Harold (Forgotten)
- Gandalf (Forgotten)
- Helix Fossil (Forgotten)
A few well known users of HUGELOL have deciced to leave HUGELOL, but wanted the other users to know about them leaving. They left HUGELOL after doing a nature raid, a raid where they all decide individually about what part of nature they’d raid. The ocean, thunder, forests, etc. After a lot of people got the message that they’re leaving, they stopped the raid and have left HUGELOL
The good news
A few days after the well known users have left, they have returned to HUGELOL, but raided the site with ‘’good news’’ pictures. Only they knew what the good news was, mocking the clueless people. There was a gif of Gandalf that has been used in the good news raid. This gif is now the symbol of the Gandalfism religion on Hugelol. A HUGELOL user, Kinkykangaroo, thought he knew a bit about the good news raid, and posted everything he thought he knew about it. Since then, the good news raiders have flooded him with gifs of Gandalf nodding his head, that leaded to a kind of tradition of answering every single one of Kinkykangaroo’s post or comment with a Gandalf gif. But later, this tradition has flown with time, and eventually died off. Kinkykangaroo’s comments are not replied by Gandalf gifs anymore.
Goldenace_17, a user of HUGELOL, was nothing more than an ordinairy user, but she claimed to be a girl. She commented on a post, saying ‘’If this reaches the front page, I’ll post something of mine in a very sensual way =)‘’. The post did reach the Front page, and Goldenace_17 kept her promise. Just not the way everyone expected. She posted a picture of her toy lying in a sensual way, with the title saying something familiar as ’’Something very sensual of mine’’. This made many users mad, and posted 2 other posts, saying they were pictures of her. They were lies. On Thursday, May 8th, a Hugelol users used Pinterest to expose Goldenace_17. Much to everyone’s surprise, Goldenace_17 was a guy. After a few attempts of trying to make everyone believe it’s his brother, he decided to tell the truth. He’s part of a community that doesn’t have much females, and that every once in a while, a few people have to pretend they’re girls. He did not do this to troll the people of Hugelol, but to practice his girly ways. A few moments after he posted this post, he deleted his account, never to be heard from again.
Goldenace_17’s final comment:
I’m a role player on a website
Everyone does their parts, and we make some pretty good stories, however, like most sites, we lack in the… female department, so everyone from time to time has to use female characters
So for practice with this… feminine aspect.. I’ll go to random sites, be it hugelol, cheezburger, just random dumb sites and “roleplay” as a girl, not for attention mind you, but for practice
I’m honestly not that bad a guy, sure i like to troll, but i don’t normally go to far (as evident by me trying to move on and everyone posting god damn hate nonestop)
oh, and the fedora? that’s an old photo taken 2 years ago, don’t have one anymore, my hair is shorter as well and i have conacts, so if any of you saw me IRL, i doubt you’d recognize me
A long while after Goldenace_17 left, the admins of HUGELOL decided to start a purge on HUGELOL. This is, because the ad partners are threatening to not put ads in anymore because of HUGELOL’s content with racism and dark humor and stuff. In response, the HUGELOL admins decided to destroy all racist and dark humor posts and more stuff like that. And then, HIDDENLOL was made.
HIDDENLOL is like HUGELOL, but everything is allowed, like NSFW, racist stuff and more things like that. The admins did this, so that HUGELOL gets better ad partners, so HUGELOL can stay alive. This, however, was not enough. So they finally announced something that they started making when goldenace_17 left…
After a majority of the HUGELOL community asked to donate to HUGELOL, the admins finally listened, and added a donation thing, called gold. You get a few benefits if you buy gold, and people can give gold to you. So, it happens once in a time, that someone complains about gold, then suddenly gets gold from someone. A lot of people are buying gold. But time will tell if this works.
There are no videos currently available.