Joined Jul 25, 2012 at 01:57PM EDT
I’m going to be honest here. When I first saw the word Dashcon, it sounded MLP related to me. I thought “Oh, those bronies are having some sort of convention. I hope they have a good time.”
Then, I read something about a ball pit and I became very confused. Then I saw the picture of the ball pit alone in a big empty grey room.
I read the article and now I have a mixture of second hand embarrassment, sadness, and guilty comedic delight.
After reading a good deal of the comments on the original Facebook post, I have to say that most of the comments are either obvious sarcastic jokes or obvious trolls. Most of the argumentation is from those who are feeding the trolls. The moral of this story is:
Don’t worry about it. No one actually believed this was a real picture. They want you to believe they think it’s real to mess with you and make you frustrated. It’s apparently working.
This is very poetic somehow.
There are several things wrong with this post:
1) If you’re in public, people are going to look at you whether you’re wearing shorts or a banana costume.
2) Certain types of clothing will give you certain types of attention. What attention from what clothing varies between cultures. It’s why we wear different clothing to different events and places. Your clothing does not however, make it OK for people to sexually harass you.
3) We are not talking about sexual harassment in this situation. Looking at attractive people is what all people with sexual desire do. Men AND women do it. It’s the result a basal instinct and we often don’t even realize we’re doing it. It does not mean we are even very interested in that person.
4) OP is possibly a very paranoid individual (if this is not a troll post). Very paranoid people are often very self-centered, the two go hand-in-hand. They often think they are far more important and interesting than they really are. Because of this, they think people (who are actually just minding their own business) are going to go out of their way to harm them, or at the very least, think about doing them harm.
Of the billions of people on earth, a great deal of them are widely considered attractive. Even if you are as attractive as you think you are, you’re just another pretty face in the crowd. Some people just need to take their pretty heads out of their attractive asses.
How is this comment NSFW?
Holy shit! That looks a lot like my girlfriend and I.
That’s true. Some of them could be lesbian black girls.
But in all seriousness though, a person of any race, sex, or orientation could be overtly sexual. People don’t usually think about women doing stuff like this but I have seen plenty of women that needed to learn some self control.
Besides, that would still violate the Prime Directive!
If you can find a way to physically move Third World countries so we can put them in more advantageous locations, I’m all ears.
There’s not really anything to worry about. For all their big talk, North Korea couldn’t nuke their way out of a paper bag.
Look, the Federation is in a tight spot here.
We already violated the Prime Directive once by removing Saddam. We kicked out a tyrant but left a power vacuum that’s hard to fill. This left room for instability and made it easier for ISIS to attack.
Now we have to ask ourselves: Should we violate the Prime Directive again? We could kick this militant group out but to what end? We can’t be Iraq’s military forever.
On one hand, we could save countless innocent people by getting directly involved but on the other, we might also destabilize the region further with all the collateral damage we’d be causing. Violence doesn’t necessarily bring an end to violence.
Iraq was barely a warp-capable planet when we first arrived. I don’t know how it’s progressed since then, perhaps it hasn’t at all. By violating the Prime Directive, we interfered with the natural development of the planet. Now that we’ve interfered in such a way, do we have a duty to interfere further to maintain the status quo or do we back away now to avoid further damage?
+ Half Life 3 confirm
So that’s why he never opens his eyes. They’re too dramatic for every day situations.
Those shorts are so tight there’s not just camel toe, you can see the inner AND outer lips of her vulva. Where do they sell pants that tight and what the fuck are they made out of?
Terrorists on Twitter. God, I wish that was a joke.
I don’t think you’ll get heaps of hate for it. I can understand your point.
It’s almost like arguing with a racist grandpa: You want to tell him he’s wrong but he’s really old. It might just be best to let him die thinking he was right all along.
So yeah. Fox News is a racist old man who we might want to let die in peace.
Or, we can screw around on his lawn and prank call his house.
Some people and organizations have such an intense need to find an enemy, a rival, something to get angry about, or just something to compare themselves to that they’ll charge at anything that even hints at representing something they don’t like. These days, Fox News and social justice bloggers alike are easily provoked. They’ll explode all over an a topic without taking a minute to learn anything about it first.
It’s good to see that people from all walks of life have internet access these days. Even wind turbines are now free to openly express themselves.
That was actually a very insightful and informative post. I’m going to look into this now. Did you learn about this in a class you took or was it something you researched on your own?
It’s very basic math. You don’t even need to know algebra. All you need to understand is addition, multiplication, division, squaring, and a basic understanding of the order of operations. If you have a calculator and something to write with, it should take a few minutes for a middle school graduate to figure out.
You can’t go changing the future like that!
Now I think we have to establish the levels of what people call “fat”. Not all amounts of fat are created equal.
To make things simple, let’s establish three major categories of fat:
1) pseudo-fat: People you are at relatively healthy weights who many might find attractive but complain they’re “fat” because they can’t see their ribs. Example: girls you always hear saying “OMG I’m so fat!”
2) Husky/Chubby/Curvy: People who range from plus size to “yeah, you could loose a few pounds”. If they were female you might call them curvy. If they are male they probably have a gut. These people are bigger but can still move around and are attractive to some if they know how to pull it off. Example: Me. I have a gut but I still go hiking and get laid (not at the same time).
3) Way too big: People that are at a weight that prevents normal mobility and the ability to fit in spaces. These people often have trouble walking and standing for extended periods of time. Example: Most of the people in this article’s gallery.
Does anyone have any visual evidence to back up this claim?