Forums / Media / Books & Comics

1,014 total conversations in 114 threads

+ New Thread

Thor is Now a Woman + Falcon Becomes Captain America

Last posted Jul 18, 2014 at 01:46PM EDT. Added Jul 17, 2014 at 02:28PM EDT
8 posts from 5 users

If you haven't heard there was an announcement about the comic book character Thor Odinson will be deemed unworthy to wield Mjolnir, his legendary hammer, and instead will be picked up by a woman who Marvel have decided they want to tease who will take the "mantle". Some little side notes, Thor Odinson will still exist and have his own series titled Unworthy, the woman is not called Lady-Thor or She-Thor and is just called Thor.

Personally I really dis-like the idea. I would like for more women orientated stuff but why not make new characters or push existing ones like Sif? I actually asked female members of my family and they hated the idea and I think Marvel over estimates the amount of girls and women that want this. I also really dislike Thor being an title not the name of the Asgardian prince. Also I think the design is not too bad but I'm not a fan of it.

Also Sam Wilson AKA the Falcon is planned to be the new Captain America. Steve Rogers is going to retire and Sam is going to take suit and shield while keeping the wings. Article here

I really love this idea. I'm not a huge CA fan but with wings and having the awesome Sam Wilson I can't wait to pick up the series. (I also think he should be called American Eagle now)

Last edited Jul 17, 2014 at 02:34PM EDT

i think the idea of having a female thor could work out, by way wasn't that pretty much what thor girl was suppose to be

as for falcon becoming captain america i'm wondering why they didn't do it sooner, it seems like the whole black guy version of a superhero has been done like a million times with people like steel, john stewart, and miles morales.

TripleA9000 wrote:

i think the idea of having a female thor could work out, by way wasn't that pretty much what thor girl was suppose to be

as for falcon becoming captain america i'm wondering why they didn't do it sooner, it seems like the whole black guy version of a superhero has been done like a million times with people like steel, john stewart, and miles morales.

It's not a black version of Captain America. He is his own character that dons the name and costume. He has his own backstory and past.

…They do realize that Thor is already popular amongst women because he's hot, right? Like, I know that most comic writers are straight males who don't understand sexualizing male characters, but you'd think they'd have at least some awareness.

also for some unexplainable reason I thought Captain Falcon was the one becoming Captain America at first and was confused

Spider-Byte wrote:

It's not a black version of Captain America. He is his own character that dons the name and costume. He has his own backstory and past.

true, i guess it is different from the others because like you said he was already a different superhero before.
But i did remember that there was a black version of captain america, i guy who went by the name of Isaiah Bradley

By the way this is Thor and this is what he will look like in Unworthy.

The general consensus is that it is going to change back for both characters however when told changes will obviously revert, Marvel editor Tom Brevoort bets $100 they won't.

Finally this won't affect the films as Chris Hemsworth still has films on his contract at Marvel. So it will forever before we see Lady Thor hit the big screen.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Word Up! You must login or signup first!