Forums / Media / Books & Comics

1,014 total conversations in 114 threads

+ New Thread

Marvel Phase 3 Movies Revealed (Cap 3, Black Panther and Infinity War!)

Last posted Oct 29, 2014 at 09:46PM EDT. Added Oct 28, 2014 at 10:29PM EDT
10 posts from 8 users

Surprisingly none of these announcements came as a surprise to me. Literally every single one of these were in the most recent "What to expect from Marvel" articles I've been reading for the past couple of months. The only one that was on the list that was uncertain was the Black Panther. People are also trying to dig out of them if we'll ever see Spider-man in an Avengers movie. They didn't say yes or no, but said everything is "either not true at all, or is still a rumor." I hear that the Black Panther movie will open up the cinematic universe to alternate dimensions, which makes the spider-man and the x-men a possibility for cross-overs.

Woah, that's pretty deep planning on there part. Imagine of they fail miserably along the way and cancel everything because Avengers 2 ends up being a humongous flop. I have confidence in them though. They can pull it off.

Also, what happened to Ant Man? Why isn't it mentioned in the article? I'm pretty sure it's still being made right? Isn't it after Avengers 2?

Last edited Oct 28, 2014 at 11:30PM EDT

Splitting Avengers 3 AKA Infinity War into two parts seems logical to me. With all the build up, and the figure that both Thanos and the Infinity Gauntlet represent, of course the event's gonna be colossal.

@Spooky Sam
Ant Man is still being made, however, Kevin Feige has confirmed that it no longer belongs for Phase 3. The film will come after Avengers: Age of Ultron and it will mark the end of Phase 2.

This about the films (and the TV shows like Agents of Shield?) so it should be in the moving images section.

Here's the film titles.

Personally I'm looking forward to all these. They have great source material. My only quarrel is Captain America 3: Civil War. The whole point of Civil War was to split the vast number of heroes but currently by the time the film comes out the roster would be quite small.

The heroes as of current and their confirmed if they have any actors.

Antman (Scott Lang): Paul Rudd
Black Bolt:
Black Panther:
Black Widow: Scarlett Johannsson
Captain America: Chris Evans
Captain Marvel:
Daredevil: Charlie Cox
Doctor Strange: Benedict Cumberbatch
Drax the Destroyer: Dave Bautista
Falcon: Anthony Mackie
Gamora: Zoe Saldana
Groot: Vin Diesel
Hawkeye: Jeremy Renner
Hulk: Mark Ruffalo
Iron Fist:
Iron Man: Robert Downey-Junior
Jewel:
Medusa:
Nick Fury: Samuel L Jackson
Power Man:
Quicksilver: Aaron Taylor-Johnson
Rocket Raccoon: Bradley Cooper
Scarlet Witch: Elizabeth Olson
Star Lord: Chris Pratt
Thor: Chris Hemsworth
Vision: Paul Bettany
War Machine/Iron Patriot: Don Cheadle

Last edited Oct 29, 2014 at 10:46AM EDT

Really? Phase 2 ends with Ant Man? How strange. I wonder how that's going to work. It better be good, because being behind the Avengers is going to be tough which is what Iron Man 3 experienced. At least IM3 was part of Phase 2, but Ant Man has the responsibility of closing off this phase, so it's going to have a lot on its shoulders. Also, I have confidence in them that they will pull it off. It's pretty funny how Marvel can probably make an amazing movie about Ant Man while DC makes Green Lantern one of the most hated superhero movies ever. How funny.

Anyways, this is a massive phase. I'm hella excited. In fact, it kind of dwarfs my hype for Avengers 2 since I know it's just the tip of the Marvel iceberg behind all of that. Still can't wait though.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Sup! You must login or signup first!