Forums / Media / Books & Comics

1,014 total conversations in 114 threads

+ New Thread

Post your favourite webcomics.

Last posted Nov 19, 2016 at 11:02PM EST. Added Nov 06, 2016 at 07:50AM EST
15 posts from 15 users

Please add short or long descriptions for the webcomics you post.

Wilde Life – Follow the steps of a journalist named Oscar Wilde (No, not the irish lad.) on a supernatural adventure in a small town of rural Oklahoma.

Trying Human – What if outside life found it's way to love?

Daughter of the Lilies – Your generic D&D adventure WITH A TWIST!

Last edited Nov 06, 2016 at 07:51AM EST

Doodle Time – Just everyday life comics. Some of them have to do with women parts, but for the most part I think they apply to a lot of young adults (myself included).

Tales of Valoran (aka Soraka Excellent Adventure) – A League of Legends webcomic. Updates pretty infrequently though, and much of the jokes you won't get without knowing the lore of LoL.

Poorly Drawn Lines – a rather absurd webcomic about random things. Somewhat infamous for the "Tiny Hippo" comic.

Awkward Zombie – video game webcomic about I guess whatever she wants to write about. Tends to take video game tropes to their logical conclusion, though can be absurd at times as well.

Oglaf (NSFW warning) – A rather absurd webcomic about sex, usually. The SFW comics tend to be about fantasy tropes however, and overall it's a hilarious series.

Nerf Now!! – a gaming webcomic. Used to be centered around Team Fortress 2 but now centers on more of a gag-a-day format about various video games (namely Blizzard and Valve ones).

Manly Guys Doing Manly Things – Exactly what you think it is. Much like Awkward Zombie tends to take tropes to their logical conclusion, just with the addition of manly characters.

Oh I've been waiting a while for this

Dr. McNinja – Born to a family of assassins but working as a doctor in Cumberland, Maryland, Doctor McNinja heals with one hand and kills with the other. His adventures as both a doctor and a ninja may seem bizarre at face value, and are even more so as you dig deeper, but it all makes sense in context. It has a surprisingly deep and complex story despite its strangeness.

Kill Six Billion Demons – Sorority girl and barista Allison Ruth plans to lose her virginity, but is that is put on hold when a being from another world embeds a key to heaven inside her skull, transporting her to Throne, the rotting corpse of heaven at the center of the multiverse, where she meets a kung-fu angel cop, a chain-smoking fanfic author imp and more in a quest to rescue her boyfriend and become the heir to all creation. A story of self-discovery and incomprehensible theology, this fully-colored webcomic is set in a sort of Heavy Metal themed Where's Waldo, with angel buses, musical demonic drinking contests, and godesses of gluttony who are all too human, among many other things.

Gunnerkrigg Court (which features a supporting character named Eglamore). Fantastic series about two girls in a weird school. Very cool use of alchemical symbol type stuff and a tech versus nature kind of theme.

My three favorites are all primarily gag-a-day webcomics.

XKCD – Its description puts it best: "A webcomic of romance, sarcasm, math, and language". Minor bits of plot show up during an archive binge, but otherwise continuity is just expressed through recurring characters.

Saturday Morning Breakfast Cereal – Similar to XKCD, but with a different topic basis, more words, and more self-referential humor.

Cyanide and Happiness – Crude and simplistic, but it's still funny.

Last edited Nov 06, 2016 at 03:47PM EST

Tails Gets Trolled – A Sonic the Hedgehog crossover made by a DeviantArt user known as lazerbot that started back in 2011. The comic starts out simple: two trolls harass Tails, forcing him to go to his friends for help. Sonic suggests trying to reason with the trolls, but Shadow insists that violence is the only answer. Soon after he kills the two trolls, Shadow decides to create "The Troll Slaiyers", a group of people dedicated to killing all trolls. The rest must be seen to be believed.

Lackadaisy – Quite simply the most artistically gorgeous and detailed webcomic out there. The artwork is so breathtaking and the story and characters so enjoyable that you forgive the writer for taking 6 months per update, because all of it is worth it. (oh also it's about anthro cats during the Prohibition era :V )
The Fourth – Cute story following a villain-protagonist and his minions sidekicks companions in a Zelda-esque parody world
Also ones already mentioned like Awkward Zombie and Manly Guys

Olympus Overdrive – The story of mortals who are chosen to participate in a contest called the Olympus Overdrive, where they're assigned a Greek God/dess and search for other mortal-god pairs and fight them. Whoever the last God/dess standing will be crowned the new king or queen of the Olympian Gods.

If you like Greek mythology (specifically the Greek pantheon), then I think you'll get a kick out of this story. It has a good story with a nice mix of humor and serious moments. It's also where I got my original avatar from the character Eris. Too bad the comic has been put on indefinite hiatus…

Florkofcows – Very rough MS Paint-style art about sock-puppet-like creatures with a sort of slice of life angle to it but everything in each strip is just so out there and random I just laugh anyway. There's also self-contained series like Maddest Investigator and Maddest Cryptozoologist, but I really love the comics involving the Ass Mage. Not sure if it's up anyone's alley but give it a shot IMO.

Let's Speak English – Another slice of life comica bout being an English teacher in Japan. Charming and in a way gives some insight into what it's like in Japan. The artist also makes these comics: Sleepless Domain and Kiwi Blitz so you can check those out if you're interested.

Muffinlicious wrote:

Always Raining Here – A gay romance about two teens figuring out their hormones. It's an amazing comic if you're into that stuff. Definitely my personal favorite.
Also, don't read Homestuck.

Started reading this based off this recommendation and I really loved it. Super cute, both mains are really endearing. Liked it a lot. While looking for a replacement, I stumbled across Autophobia, another cute gay romance. This ones still ongoing, and the art is a little iffy, but I must admit I find it really cute and charming, the two leads have a good chemistry. Now I need to find some more cute gay webcomics, I doubt anyone here reads any but if you do know a good one, please tell me because I need more.

Other than that, I only really read Awkward Zombie because it's so funny and it's art is great.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

'lo! You must login or signup first!