Forums / Fun! / Creative

11,725 total conversations in 468 threads

+ New Thread

RPG Maker game idea.

Last posted Nov 15, 2016 at 01:05PM EST. Added Nov 14, 2016 at 10:07AM EST
10 posts from 9 users

Hahahahaha, oh boy, another KYMRPG idea? Never heard that one before, oh boy this is gonna be good… On a serious note, I'm all for it, and I suppose some of us could help in what could be done. However, everyone that has ever proposed such an idea has never delivered. So you're either gonna be like the rest and just say you'll do it but never work on it, or you may actually do it. I myself have the bar set very low right now for you…

Last edited Nov 14, 2016 at 10:52AM EST

We're always down with it, and no one ever delivers.

Ever.

KYM games are one of those things that appear cursed to fail no matter what. If you would finish it, you'd be legendary – but at this point hopes are low.

I speak authoritatively because i attempted one at one point.

Most of the KYM Community fan-games that have been started have usually resulted in the creators of said game loathing the community enough to cancel the game. Making a game is a lot of hard work, and getting heckled and attacked nearly the entire time I tried to work on a KYM RPG nearly made me quit once upon a time.

I wouldn't recommend even trying unless if your love of this community truly is eternal. As game development can last years.

But on the plus side, you might like the game development process so much you decide to take it as a career option like I have, regardless of the fate of your RPG game.

Last edited Nov 14, 2016 at 04:07PM EST

Nope, the written old stuff and things say that any KYM game will never get finished.

I have seen this happen before, in other communities.

Litterally an full fleged game about a random community seems to always never get finished.

It's the…

GAME ABOUT A RANDOM COMMUNITY CURSE

I considered making one at first, but…
-I'm terrible at game design.
-All of my previous games have been extremely mediocre if not terrible.
-I'm not funny.
and
-I don't know how I'd utilize memes in a story without it coming off as cringy.

If you decide to make one, good luck. You're doing what many have tried and failed.

Alk wrote:

Could you provide more details? You need any help?

Well, i want to use RPG Maker for the project, I already have a story, I just need a sprite sheet (As well as battle sprites) for Epyc Wynn, Me, Don, Cecilia Girlie, RandomMan, and the New User avatars.

Skimpy Crusader wrote:

Well, i want to use RPG Maker for the project, I already have a story, I just need a sprite sheet (As well as battle sprites) for Epyc Wynn, Me, Don, Cecilia Girlie, RandomMan, and the New User avatars.

The biggest error you could make simply is inserting yourself and other folks. Once you include users, even notable mods, others will request the same and your project is a goner. You want to please the crowd but never will at that point; at which point you give up.

Last edited Nov 15, 2016 at 09:38AM EST
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hi! You must login or signup first!