Forums / Fun! / Creative

11,725 total conversations in 468 threads

+ New Thread

Featured Featured
KYM-tan Shoots Things - a new game, by me

Last posted Jan 19, 2018 at 08:47PM EST. Added Jan 12, 2018 at 03:09PM EST
11 posts from 7 users

Hello Know Your Memers, I have a new thing to show you all. Two months in the making, it's a game featuring your favorite Know Your Meme mascot, KYM-tan, shooting things. I call it…

Featuring:

• A KYM game that actually came out
  • Go through 3 levels, shooting everything in sight, including some special guests…
  • Graze down hordes of dead memes and other nuisances
  • Power-ups included
  • Practice mode
  • A help file
  • Interactive menus
  • And more!

Download it here

Enjoy and good luck!

Last edited Jan 15, 2018 at 02:48PM EST

This game is actually pretty good.

Did you make the music, too? As I actually really like it.

Once suggestion I'd make is the ability to adjust window size, as some people with lower-res monitors like me have the game clipping into the task bar.

Edit: I dunno if this is intentional, but "help.rtf" is pretty hidden. As I had to open the .exe with 7-Zip to see it. Accidentally found it when I was finding the music to add to my computer's music playlist.

Last edited Jan 12, 2018 at 03:40PM EST

Filler wrote:

This game is actually pretty good.

Did you make the music, too? As I actually really like it.

Once suggestion I'd make is the ability to adjust window size, as some people with lower-res monitors like me have the game clipping into the task bar.

Edit: I dunno if this is intentional, but "help.rtf" is pretty hidden. As I had to open the .exe with 7-Zip to see it. Accidentally found it when I was finding the music to add to my computer's music playlist.

I don't have any plans to add anything to the game, but there is a fullscreen mode if that helps

Also the help file can be opened by pressing F1 in-game, no decompiling needed

Fellas, I've released a new version of the game to address some issues I noticed as well as to add some things that got suggested.

- High Scores are now saved after beating the game (how I missed this is beyond me)
- Window size can now be changed in Windowed mode
- Added a sound effects test to the Sound Test menu
- Revised the help file a bit, and added a mention of how to open it on the menu
- Game version has been updated to 1.1

The new version will eventually be added into the OP, but for now, use this link to download:

Download here

Thank you for the support.

I love Touhou-like bullet hell games, and this one is actually pretty impressive. My only complaint is that some of the danmaku projectiles are maybe a little too small. Other than that this is great.

Hey! You must login or signup first!