Forums / Fun! / Creative

11,725 total conversations in 468 threads

+ New Thread

Hunter, Haunted - a story of a killer hunting down the ghost of his victim

Last posted Apr 01, 2019 at 04:32AM EDT. Added Mar 09, 2019 at 01:22PM EST
6 posts from 2 users

I have discussed with the Discord whether or not a promotion of my own story would be allowed, and the consensus has been that it's a-ok. So let's get right to it…

Hey, citizen! Have you ever watched or read a work such as American Psycho and thought to yourself, "man, this is a bit TOO good. I wish someone would make a story that was worse and also Pokémon fanfiction for whatever reason! Gosh, if only… but there's no one crazy enough out there to do it!"

Oh, there isn't?

Hunter, Haunted is a drama / horror / black comedy story about Red Akai, an eighteen-year-old NEET with an unusual hobby – abducting and killing young women to please his dark god. His ultimate goal is ascension and rule over all of creation, and it seems he's getting ever closer to it… until he finds the latest of his victims reincarnated as a mask-bearing ghost, Yamask.

Naturally, evidence like this can't be left floating around, and so Red must hurry to eliminate this surprise witness… but with her strange species and his slowly eroding sanity, this will be no easy task.

Hunter, Haunted takes place in the Pokémon universe, with some elements borrowed from the lore of the 2014 online phenomenon, Twitch Plays Pokémon. Now, why would I willingly narrow down my readerbase with such a niche category of gory Pokémon meme fanfiction? Because I'm a moron and hindsight is 20/20, that's why.

Why should you read Hunter, Haunted? Well, among others, it features:
- the cutest little pink-haired loli girl
- a chad mormon
- a big tiddy goth psychologist
- living in a society
- spiders
- depression
- hand vomit
- the big gay

And by law, I am required to disclose that it also features:
- detailed depictions of violence and gore
- strong language
- themes of mental illness and occasionally suicide
- no explicit and little implicit sexual content.

Well, where can this story be read? You have three options to pick from:
Google Docs
Serebii Forums
Bulbagarden Forums

Thank you for taking the time to read this, and thank you even more in case you're intending on checking out this bad boy. Blanisquid out.

Last edited Mar 09, 2019 at 01:23PM EST

Nox Lucis wrote:

Did you suddenly get horny while writing chapter 5 or something? 'Cause I seem to be picking up on some abrupt sexual energy here.

ah you must be talking about the ethereal gay sex

the answer is that i'm always horny

Well, I just got to the end of what you've written, and I must say that was certainly interesting. Certainly unique. I look forward to seeing how you conclude this.

EDIT: Should I be troubled by the fact that there are a few moments where I find this protagonist remotely relatable?

Last edited Mar 31, 2019 at 07:39AM EDT

Nox Lucis wrote:

Well, I just got to the end of what you've written, and I must say that was certainly interesting. Certainly unique. I look forward to seeing how you conclude this.

EDIT: Should I be troubled by the fact that there are a few moments where I find this protagonist remotely relatable?

thanks so much for checking it out, and i'm glad you've enjoyed it! i'll update the gdoc to include chapter 11 in case that's the source you looked at and so didn't get to see that yet.

and i wouldn't worry much about relating to the guy. i've been trying to make him have more human moments in this revision anyway as in the old version he was even campier if you can believe that.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hello! You must login or signup first!