Forums / Discussion / General

232,066 total conversations in 7,766 threads

+ New Thread

Call of Duty: Black Ops II Announced

Last posted May 03, 2012 at 07:37PM EDT. Added May 02, 2012 at 03:09PM EDT
25 posts from 16 users

OmniXVII wrote:

The men riding the horses really rustled my jimmies.

IT'S LIKE UNCHARTED 3 ALL OVER AGAIN.
EDIT: Although to be fair, according to Kotaku, that was during an 80's section of the game.

Last edited May 02, 2012 at 05:23PM EDT

It's a bit of a bummer to see that the engine STILL hasn't changed much, but the gameplay and setting look very different, which is something I believe everybody is welcoming. Something refreshing sounds like a godsend right now.

It's interesting they're taking the campaign in a new direction, but I'm fed up with CoD and FPS's in general. I'm sure there is great potential for killstreaks and some new gamemodes, but the weapons will probably be pretty similar to past entries, albeit with a new futuristic look.

this looks genuanly awsome. i am really looking forward to this game. Treyarch always made great games and brought new and freshing ideas to the franchise.

this might save cod from the axe…

I'm actually looking forward to this. The first one had a great story and campaign. Also nazi zombies.
@ jollyjew
Genuinely and refreshing

@OmniXVII
Special forces still ride horseback to this day if it is required( no fuel, more quite, less conspicuous, better for brutal terrain)
U.S. special forces in Afghanistan, 2001
Don't let it rustle your jimmies to much

Last edited May 03, 2012 at 12:52PM EDT

also: i really hope this game won't be an interactive movie like the first black ops.

sure, it was an epic interactive movie but not really a real game…

but hopefully according to ryiku's article it's not going to be the case and in fact it's going to be more epic than ever.

wow, this is the first time in my life i am actually excited for a call of duty game… damn… what the hell is going on here?

Sorry to post so late but this game actually looks epic from the Trailer and the article Riyku posted.

Treyarch really put in thought of how CoD can improve instead of just makeing another Modern Warfare game. Because Black Ops felt like MW2 but Shorter with a Cold War story, But this was as if Treyarc read my mind about how CoD should improve and did it, or maybe Treyarc is just being predictable.

Well either way, Everything from the Story, Gameplay, and Overall Improvements is going to make me consider playing this. But I seriously doubt the mutilplayer will be balanced this time, Oh Well, Nothing is perfect but I'll probably play it anyway.

I've read some stuff, and it looks like Treyarch is genuinely trying to win back fans who have been disgruntled with previous entries in the series for its predictable nature. I'll… give it a fair shot, at the least. I probably won't buy it, but I'll at least rent it.

Katie C. wrote:

I'd like to see a zombies mode where it's possible to win, like you escape or something.

How the Hell is Zombies going to work now? I mean, at the end of Moon the group kind of, y'know, NUKED THE GODDAMN EARTH.

NovaXP wrote:

Here's how its going to go down:

Battlefeild 2143 (If the rumors are true) VS Halo 4 VS Call of Duty Black Ops 2

These are what the next flame wars on youtube will be about…

>Halo Vs CoD
>2012
>Not 2007

ISHYGDDT
Because now is Just Battlefeild 3 Vs. MW3. and we already know who won.

Last edited May 03, 2012 at 04:11PM EDT

NottaWotta wrote:

>Halo Vs CoD
>2012
>Not 2007

ISHYGDDT

I don't care about Halo, but after reading the Halo 4 cover story in last month's Game Informer, the new multiplayer has me a bit interested.
Too bad I don't have a 360. Meh.

NottaWotta wrote:

>Halo Vs CoD
>2012
>Not 2007

ISHYGDDT

You can't win a battle when both games are practically the same, and also stale.

Katie C. wrote:

You can't win a battle when both games are practically the same, and also stale.

>implying
To be honest, Battlefield and Call of Duty are rather different. Battlefield has huge maps, vehicle combat, and is more about playing the objective than getting kills. Call of Duty is the opposite. Both have their advantages and differences.
Personally, I prefer Battlefield, but that's just me.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hey! You must login or signup first!