Forums / Discussion / General

232,891 total conversations in 7,787 threads

+ New Thread

How do you make a character that’s basically ...anti-kymcore?

Last posted Dec 29, 2019 at 11:56AM EST. Added Dec 27, 2019 at 09:07AM EST
21 posts from 13 users

Just take what seems kym core and do the opposite.

Small thin frame, but not childlike like a loli, probably looking a bit older (possibly due more to rough life than actual aging) small eyes, body imperfections that aren't easily moefied (ie, don't do the Katawa Shoujo treatment).

As for the non-physical, things like actively critiquing things (especially video games) for their depictions of certain people (while the most obvious is the stereotypic SJW, the right wing version would also not be pleasing to most… It's a shame I have to say most), showing strong passion for political viewpoints that are controversial to the point that promoting their opinions on it are a large part of who they are (anime waifus seldom have strong opinions on divisive and exact real world topics to viewers. Doing this with making them look like they are just shilling these ideas/ are a strawman would be extremely difficult) A smug "better than you" vibe (less "smug anime face" and more Harry Potter's Umbridge).

Actually (yes I know "this is just like Harry Potter :soyboy:" is played out) unpleasant attitude alone came take the lion's share of being something people don't like.

Jill wrote:

Just take what seems kym core and do the opposite.

Small thin frame, but not childlike like a loli, probably looking a bit older (possibly due more to rough life than actual aging) small eyes, body imperfections that aren't easily moefied (ie, don't do the Katawa Shoujo treatment).

As for the non-physical, things like actively critiquing things (especially video games) for their depictions of certain people (while the most obvious is the stereotypic SJW, the right wing version would also not be pleasing to most… It's a shame I have to say most), showing strong passion for political viewpoints that are controversial to the point that promoting their opinions on it are a large part of who they are (anime waifus seldom have strong opinions on divisive and exact real world topics to viewers. Doing this with making them look like they are just shilling these ideas/ are a strawman would be extremely difficult) A smug "better than you" vibe (less "smug anime face" and more Harry Potter's Umbridge).

Actually (yes I know "this is just like Harry Potter :soyboy:" is played out) unpleasant attitude alone came take the lion's share of being something people don't like.

So a normal woman?

Basically take KYM-tan and invert her. Literally take KYM-fan's color scheme and invert it in paint or something.

Next add a bunch of alt-/counterculture accessories. Belts, lipstick copious piercings and tattoos, anything you can think of, the more the better. Do not forget to add an ugly, lawnmower haircut.

Draw your OC in an unappealing art style, maybe Cal-Arts but this part depends on your personal artistic ability.

Lastly, get your OC out there. Spam it as much as possible, redraw a bunch of classic memes with you OC instead until it fills up the front page.

This post has been hidden due to low karma.
Click here to show this post.

poochyena wrote:

trans

They'll call it a trap, looping it around after reaching a negative kymcore value; instantly making it full kymcore.

Last edited Dec 27, 2019 at 04:04PM EST

trans twitter verified journalist who specializes in reporting issues that face women more heavily than men, such as sexual assault, and calls out sexist behavior.
kymcore hates those traits

poochyena wrote:

trans twitter verified journalist who specializes in reporting issues that face women more heavily than men, such as sexual assault, and calls out sexist behavior.
kymcore hates those traits

Not to cause a threadjack but men face sexual assault in similar quantities as woman, but society and governments downplay this fact. Also, in this context, what do you mean by "sexist behavior"?

As for the main topic, just make someone whose every detail is so horrendously terrible that nobody acting in any remotely rational capacity could like them. That's the most surefire way.

Kenetic Kups wrote:

Traps are men who crossdress and look like women, they are not trans

JC has suprisingly low kymcore levels what the hell.

>men face sexual assault in similar quantities as woman
I've not seen any data to suggest that.

>what do you mean by "sexist behavior"?
behavior that is sexist

>I've not seen any data to suggest that.
There's reasons for that. Many organizations, such as the CDC, have failed to see men as potential victims of sexual assault/rape up until very recently, if ever; in addition to that, society teaches men that they cannot be raped, and thus reporting is generally pretty low.

This Atlantic article from 2016 covers things pretty well: https://www.theatlantic.com/science/archive/2016/11/the-understudied-female-sexual-predator/503492/

A friend of mine expressed that this attitude is the result of seeing men as actors and women as objects to be acted upon.

>Many organizations, such as the CDC, have failed to see men as potential victims of sexual assault/rape up until very recently, if ever; in addition to that, society teaches men that they cannot be raped, and thus reporting is generally pretty low.

but its the same for women too. heck, it wasn't even until the 90s that raping your wife was even illegal
Sexual assault for both men and women are under reported.

Its good to know my anti-kymcore description is accurate.

Alcaphobe wrote:

This thread got less and less fun as time went on

Come on now, we all knew it was coming. But yeah, I do not disagree.

Last edited Dec 27, 2019 at 08:36PM EST

PatrickBateman96 wrote:

Places poochyena posts are often like that.
Love you poochy!😘

>tfw Mare posts so little fucking Bateman even starts hitting on others

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Word Up! You must login or signup first!