Forums / Discussion / General

232,903 total conversations in 7,788 threads

+ New Thread

THE SHORTSTACK GALLERY IS OPEN

Last posted Apr 21, 2021 at 09:12PM EDT. Added Apr 21, 2021 at 12:35AM EDT
13 posts from 9 users

A moderator locked that gallery again.

I am pretty exhausted with how things are being handled here. First I have to make a very extended explanation why I should not be given a moderator warning for criticizing the shortstack lock, in a comment section filled with justified on-topic criticism, but now on top of that not yet being resolved, this?

Do the mods not have internal rules for how to handle these things? Like, don't the mods have ways of reaching a unified agreement with each other for how to handle images, galleries, etcetera?

Also, Today's Top Image Galleries has a large empty spot where the Shorstack gallery was, and the entire gallery instead of just using the NSFW label, is now hidden from view completely unless you click on it.

Seriously I am at my wit's end dealing with these random choices that do not make sense. My respect for moderator authority ends where the disrespect for users begins.

Completely exhausted, really disappointed. This is just bad. Whatever moderators disagree with this decision should do something about it because at this point it is out of hand and not proper moderation.

This might all sound petty and entitled, but you know, I care about this even if it's petty and this is stressing me the fuck out.

Last edited Apr 21, 2021 at 01:49AM EDT

It only shows a single name on the edit history, and it is a Staff member that uploaded certain meme instances and usage of the term. Pretty sure it was opened for that punctual purpose and nothing else.

As for the blank space on Trending, Brandon also set the entry itself to NSFW, which, to be fair, makes sense and should have been done from the start. As a result, however, the gallery itself got removed from trending from what I can assume to be code spaghetti (or maybe NSFW galleries cannot trend, but I think I remember the Bowsette entry trending as normal even with a NSFW label on it).

On the bright side, the entry is no longer shadowbanned, so there is that.

Last edited Apr 21, 2021 at 01:53AM EDT

Damn! And I was so close to posting my Ame-THICC picture in that gallery.

Well, guess I have to consider posting it in the Steven Universe gallery where nobody will give a shit about since its not as popular as it was in the past

Nedhitis wrote:

It only shows a single name on the edit history, and it is a Staff member that uploaded certain meme instances and usage of the term. Pretty sure it was opened for that punctual purpose and nothing else.

As for the blank space on Trending, Brandon also set the entry itself to NSFW, which, to be fair, makes sense and should have been done from the start. As a result, however, the gallery itself got removed from trending from what I can assume to be code spaghetti (or maybe NSFW galleries cannot trend, but I think I remember the Bowsette entry trending as normal even with a NSFW label on it).

Plenty of other galleries don't have arbitrary NSFW labels on the whole though. As you can see with Lady Dimitrescu and even Kaa (Kaa is more subjective but considering it's fully fetish art…). They're just trying to bury it.

It's blatant double-standards, and for no justifiable reason.

Though, obviously there is a reason, but these cowards can't be transparent about it because we all know how stupid it'll be.

Nedhitis wrote:

Feels weird seeing my name out there like that with people discussing me. I keep forgetting we have a forum.

Brandon wrote:

Feels weird seeing my name out there like that with people discussing me. I keep forgetting we have a forum.

If you think you feel weird seeing your name, imagine myself seeing it when I discovered that you existed and have existed for over 4 years now. A mildly interesting discovery, all things considered.

Oh, and thank you for opening the comments on the entry.

Some people do be lurkers for a bit before being called for something greater.

You're welcome btw, I legitimately just forgot to check the comments box I meant to have that go live when it hit front page xD next time, next time.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Word Up! You must login or signup first!