Forums / Discussion / General

232,636 total conversations in 7,777 threads

+ New Thread

The race politics in the image section got me a bit worried

Last posted Aug 27, 2021 at 08:07PM EDT. Added Aug 19, 2021 at 01:43PM EDT
26 posts from 13 users

I am getting a bit worried about the increasing popularity of some topics that appear to be quite unusual. For the past months, everytime I open the gallery i get to see at least a dozen of WMAF/AMWF , Nordic vs Mediterranean or my ancestor memes.

I can't be the only one who's noticing this, has this place secretly become a place for /pol/ to dump their third-rate memes or something? Why are they so popular on this site, do I even want to know the answer…?

Half of those WMAF/AMWF memes seem to be literal collages of cherry picked photos of couples. The other half are wojak mashups or trash-tier webcomics. Total garbage.

I choose to understand Nordic vs Mediterranean and My Ancestor as ironic banter, mostly because they all refer to ages past. Anybody who unironically believes that [my race/culture] is superior to [other race/culture] because of [ancient achievement that is irrelevant today] is delusional.

I'm not sure if its against the rules to single out users or makes accusations, but it's pretty obvious it's just a handful of users who keep spamming them with likebots as Kups mentioned. It's been going on for quite some time, maybe a year now?

It's okay guys, this stuff is uploaded for documentation purposes and gets into trending because people just like clearly totally ironic humor like this.

There are no /pol/ likebots in Ba Sing Se.

According the J., there's a groups of them that like each other's content. Not necessarily bots, but perhaps not entirely beneficial either. Now that finals are over, I can actually venture to ask him in detail.

Juki Nuki wrote:

According the J., there's a groups of them that like each other's content. Not necessarily bots, but perhaps not entirely beneficial either. Now that finals are over, I can actually venture to ask him in detail.

Seems like something a mod should be warning people about, not participating in

Yup, it's worthwhile to start taking screenshots to compare. I remember when a bunch of bots were banned a particular user's comments went from -14 to -6.

My favourite content from this site was from years ago, I'm not innocent in this, but I wonder when politics started taking over, particularly a nasty /pol/ type brand of it.

Last edited Aug 20, 2021 at 05:14AM EDT
This post has been hidden due to low karma.
Click here to show this post.

@Gilan Since Trump got elected.and it get, somehow, worse since he lost, or more precisasly since the capitol assault.

I can't be the only one who's noticing this, has this place secretly become a place for /pol/ to dump their third-rate memes or something? Why are they so popular on this site, do I even want to know the answer…?

As Kenetic Kups said, there's clearly a subset of users who are forcing this stuff.

On the other hand, the current state of online culture being what it is, people have grown used to see racist memes and may believe these are legitimately popular (while they're fairly niche stuff). I am not sure the same forcing tactics would go unnoticed – or barely discussed – in the early 2010's.

Oh well, at least we've got free examples of What Zero Pussy Does To A MF.

Last edited Aug 20, 2021 at 05:45AM EDT

Individual wrote:

@Gilan Since Trump got elected.and it get, somehow, worse since he lost, or more precisasly since the capitol assault.

Bruh
trump is NOTHING in history, he's exactly the same as all the others, now please stop bringing him up
and this shit has been going on since like 2015

@"he's exactly the same as all the others"

Yeah no, he's cleary worse and it's pretty clear there a pre-Trump internet, denied this is delusional.

Individual wrote:

@"he's exactly the same as all the others"

Yeah no, he's cleary worse and it's pretty clear there a pre-Trump internet, denied this is delusional.

Pretending trump is the source of all modern racism is delusional
trump is a symtom of the problem, that's why all his nonsensical raving got votes because people supported it before him
and keep the thread on topic, if you want to rant about trump go to the politics thread

Last edited Aug 20, 2021 at 07:34AM EDT

@Kenetic Kups

I din't say it was the source of all racism, just that it's implify when he get elected, don't try to denied it, it would be dishonest.

Individual wrote:

@Kenetic Kups

I din't say it was the source of all racism, just that it's implify when he get elected, don't try to denied it, it would be dishonest.

If you want to continue this argument, bring it to the politics thread

"has this place secretly become a place for /pol/ to dump their third-rate memes or something?"

Wait, I thought /pol/ hated at least some of these..? I recall some of those Nordic/Mediterranean memes being explicitly mocking of eugenics and their supporters, as well as mocking modern day white people for thinking themselves comparable to Greeks and such. I am fairly sure that /pol/ users are exactly the kind of people those memes are making fun of, and I see those always upvoted here, perhaps moreso than WMAF/AMWF memes. Or am I missing a bigger picture here..?

There's two groups of users on KYM that post these kinds of memes:

1) People using them ironically to make fun of racial identity politics

2) /pol/tards spamming their garbage to try to unsuccessfully reclaim them from 1)

Downvote low effort /pol/ trash, report unironic racism, upvote ironic memes that make /pol/tards seethe.

I don't wanna put anyone here at fault but as far as I know, this is one of the few notable sites where people get away with posting genuine racism. If they take to Twitter then they're caught, and I doubt they'd want to go there anyways. Something should really be done about this. I mean, it's beyond obvious that ""documentation"" is just a pretense for whatever nonsense they're up to…
Take this bs for example

Last edited Aug 24, 2021 at 08:10PM EDT

blank profile pic wrote:

I don't wanna put anyone here at fault but as far as I know, this is one of the few notable sites where people get away with posting genuine racism. If they take to Twitter then they're caught, and I doubt they'd want to go there anyways. Something should really be done about this. I mean, it's beyond obvious that ""documentation"" is just a pretense for whatever nonsense they're up to…
Take this bs for example

Keep in mind KYM is sort of a hybrid of a wiki, a news, and a social media site. While we have OC and content of our own, we do document what happens on other sites – and sometimes what happens on other sites is racist. KYM covering that kind of thing is not really any different than Wikipedia or mainstream news sites covering it.

I think that article should stay up – that was a genuine meme on /pol/ – but the gallery should be locked and the admins/mods should comb over it to make sure it is accurate and tactful.

I am so sick of a huge chunk of the blue square (authright) wanting to spread their propaganda everywhere and there not being a single meme based place free from it its not just dangerous especially with the radical members of the blue square its fucking annoying

Like at this point I am seriously starting to miss the tankies even though they are arguably just as bad, they are less repetitive

Individual wrote:

They do, they just don't like it.

That and I am pretty sure some far right users are going around mass down voting to take over….a meme website

It's so fucking stupid

No!! wrote:

That and I am pretty sure some far right users are going around mass down voting to take over….a meme website

It's so fucking stupid

As already stated, they use likebots, and the mods don't care, because closing the shortstack gallery is far more important because we enjoy it

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Namaste! You must login or signup first!