Forums / Discussion / General

232,780 total conversations in 7,783 threads

+ New Thread

Locked Locked
What hapened to my man Armchair Psychologist ?

Last posted Nov 13, 2021 at 04:39PM EST. Added Nov 11, 2021 at 06:32PM EST
43 posts from 23 users

What was he banned for, wrong think ? I can't believe one of our most upstanding member got banned by some egotistic kid, I hope he'll be back soon.

Sorry to be irrelevant but I want to know.

Everyone eventually gets banned in Kym, that is just how it is man.

You see it's a battle royale and only one user will be left unbanned in the end, whoever gets the victory royale will get the website for themselves.

Assuming OP is being ironic…

It was noticed that they gave every impression of being an alt of a banned user that already attempted to make extremely obvious alt in the past. It wasn't as obvious as previously where they literally used the same name as their first account, but when it was pointed out, the behavior and dates lined up pretty well.

Jill wrote:

It was noticed that they gave every impression of being an alt of a banned user that already attempted to make extremely obvious alt in the past. It wasn't as obvious as previously where they literally used the same name as their first account, but when it was pointed out, the behavior and dates lined up pretty well.

Look at his other posts, he's not ironic, he's alt right

No!! wrote:

You see it's a battle royale and only one user will be left unbanned in the end, whoever gets the victory royale will get the website for themselves.

Ownership of KnowYourMeme will be transferred to Larry Bundy Jr.

No!! wrote:

Me after getting banned

Jill wrote:

Just out of curiosity, would you be willing to reveal what was their original account called?

At this point, we should just have a Hall of Shame-type thread if we're just gonna keep having these "Why was Big Chungus banned?" threads pop up every time a notable user gets the boot.

Jill wrote:

I think I have a pretty good idea who you're referring to. Would it be all right if I posted my guess?

This post has been hidden due to low karma.
Click here to show this post.

Kenetic Kups wrote:

Look at his other posts, he's not ironic, he's alt right

Fuck off, mister Kenetic "I like antifa" Kups, you are grossly mistaken as I've never advocated for fascism measure unlike you.

Anyway this word mean nothing coming out of your mouth.

TheHunter280 wrote:

Fuck off, mister Kenetic "I like antifa" Kups, you are grossly mistaken as I've never advocated for fascism measure unlike you.

Anyway this word mean nothing coming out of your mouth.

Ya got me

Jill wrote:

Armchair Psychologist an alt, you're kidding me ? He was active for years and his last comments were him defending Kyle Rittenhouse from those crude edits over his panic attack and denouncing the trial while calling out those who defended the rioters.
The only reason you (as the staff) banned him was because he was a big head and you would think we won't notice or complain.

I am not by one drop ironic.

TheHunter280 wrote:

Armchair Psychologist an alt, you're kidding me ? He was active for years and his last comments were him defending Kyle Rittenhouse from those crude edits over his panic attack and denouncing the trial while calling out those who defended the rioters.
The only reason you (as the staff) banned him was because he was a big head and you would think we won't notice or complain.

Far right views coupled with victim mentality that the whole world is out to get you and anyone you agree with
that is why I called you alt right

TheHunter280 wrote:

"He was active for years "
the account was made this year, you dont need to lie

Jill wrote:

Whose alt was he? Just curious

Well, since I'm not a mod and I don't think I'd be breaking any rules, I'll tell you all who Armchair most likely is.

Armchair Psychologist was most likely the second alt account of Neptune "Killer KEEMSTAR" Vasilias. You might remember him from gems such as this.

He was banned sometime last year. He tried to circumvent his ban with an alt account a few months later. If I recall correctly, he named it Punished "KEEMSTAR", and the profile picture was just his previous one slapped on to the "I lived, bitch" meme. He did this and was subsequently banned again the same day Poochyena was banned, so most people didn't notice.

Other reasons as to why I believe they're the same are as follows.

Pokemon and RWBY: Neptune loved shitting up these two galleries before he was banned. Armchair, while he was more restrained, would also try to start shit in these galleries on a regular basis.

Their politics: Neptune and Armchair were both relatively far-right in their political views, with a tendency of going into a victim mentality.

Their response to downvotes: Neptune's way of dealing with all of the downvotes he was constantly receiving was to put up an internet tough guy act and accuse the people downvoting him of being stalkers with backburner accounts. That wojack image Steve posted is something Armchair had plastered all over his profile wall, and considering that he uses the exact same wording as Neptune (stalk, backburner), it's too much of a similarity to be chalked up as simply a coincidence.

Their deteriorating grammar: Despite the facade, the downvotes were clearly getting to Neptune, and this could be seen in his grammar. By the time he was banned, most of Neptune's comments were barely legible, likely being written out of pure anger. Armchair's grammar showed similar signs of deterioration, though he was able to reel it back before his banning.

His username and profile pic: Neptune loved to boast about how he was studying to become a psychologist (His fifth comment in the chain). He was also desperate to convince people that he was "totally awesome IRL" which would explain part of the design of his profile pic.

JPM777 wrote:

Well, since I'm not a mod and I don't think I'd be breaking any rules, I'll tell you all who Armchair most likely is.

Armchair Psychologist was most likely the second alt account of Neptune "Killer KEEMSTAR" Vasilias. You might remember him from gems such as this.

He was banned sometime last year. He tried to circumvent his ban with an alt account a few months later. If I recall correctly, he named it Punished "KEEMSTAR", and the profile picture was just his previous one slapped on to the "I lived, bitch" meme. He did this and was subsequently banned again the same day Poochyena was banned, so most people didn't notice.

Pokemon and RWBY: Neptune loved shitting up these two galleries before he was banned. Armchair, while he was more restrained, would also try to start shit in these galleries on a regular basis.

Their politics: Neptune and Armchair were both relatively far-right in their political views, with a tendency of going into a victim mentality.

Their response to downvotes: Neptune's way of dealing with all of the downvotes he was constantly receiving was to put up an internet tough guy act and accuse the people downvoting him of being stalkers with backburner accounts. That wojack image Steve posted is something Armchair had plastered all over his profile wall, and considering that he uses the exact same wording as Neptune (stalk, backburner), it's too much of a similarity to be chalked up as simply a coincidence.

Their deteriorating grammar: Despite the facade, the downvotes were clearly getting to Neptune, and this could be seen in his grammar. By the time he was banned, most of Neptune's comments were barely legible, likely being written out of pure anger. Armchair's grammar showed similar signs of deterioration, though he was able to reel it back before his banning.

His username and profile pic: Neptune loved to boast about how he was studying to become a psychologist (His fifth comment in the chain). He was also desperate to convince people that he was "totally awesome IRL" which would explain part of the design of his profile pic.

Ok Thanks dude

Last edited Nov 12, 2021 at 03:15PM EST

JPM777 wrote:

Alright, I believe you to some extend

Calling him far right is an over statement, more like reasonable to me, the victim mentality is like the worst lie I've ever heard as Armchair but not as Neptune. He messed up with that ad hominem without proof but he never insulted anyone (unlike you), called out anyone who misread his words and trash talked fiction works and not the fanbase.

He has clearly loved those 2 licenses and invested too much time, money and passion on them, he's heart broken about it and not going on a healthy phase of grief, tell him to fuck off and jump off those dead ships.
I know RBWY and Pokemon are now shit and will probably never be great as before or better, but I understand their need to protect them just like Neptune's need to go on a hate train as these two share one thing in common, it was their love for those licenses but they split away after the realization it turned to shit. While they were in complete denial, Neptune has came past it and passed onto anger not in a healthy way for both.

Don't patronize him over -ist or -phobe, his grievance and his grammar, what he needed was words for him move on over his grief instead of you putting oil on the fire but you were right about calling him out for wasting his time hatting over RBWY.

I don't care about your veteran tirade of alt accounts, you have a new identity and you learn from your mistake and make genuine progress from it.

Armchair is petty, insecure and lack emotional control but he was making progress to better himself and he was a good man with great values in need of help.
I won't advocate for his return, for breaking the rules of alt account and evading bans.

TheHunter280 wrote:

Alright, I believe you to some extend

Calling him far right is an over statement, more like reasonable to me, the victim mentality is like the worst lie I've ever heard as Armchair but not as Neptune. He messed up with that ad hominem without proof but he never insulted anyone (unlike you), called out anyone who misread his words and trash talked fiction works and not the fanbase.

He has clearly loved those 2 licenses and invested too much time, money and passion on them, he's heart broken about it and not going on a healthy phase of grief, tell him to fuck off and jump off those dead ships.
I know RBWY and Pokemon are now shit and will probably never be great as before or better, but I understand their need to protect them just like Neptune's need to go on a hate train as these two share one thing in common, it was their love for those licenses but they split away after the realization it turned to shit. While they were in complete denial, Neptune has came past it and passed onto anger not in a healthy way for both.

Don't patronize him over -ist or -phobe, his grievance and his grammar, what he needed was words for him move on over his grief instead of you putting oil on the fire but you were right about calling him out for wasting his time hatting over RBWY.

I don't care about your veteran tirade of alt accounts, you have a new identity and you learn from your mistake and make genuine progress from it.

Armchair is petty, insecure and lack emotional control but he was making progress to better himself and he was a good man with great values in need of help.
I won't advocate for his return, for breaking the rules of alt account and evading bans.

This is going through some lengths to justify a user who often in the past made no secret supporting far right ideology and labeling those that don't agree as commies.

I kind of liked him at first, but even I found him to be a little over the top to put it mildly and at times downright insufferable as time went on. I'm right-leaning myself, but even I found his claims to be centrist were dubious at best. It's painfully obvious in his comments throughout the site he was overwhelmingly one sided, with all the same mannerism and behavior one would expect from either far right/left crowd. He started to remind me of a previously banned user "Individual" aka Monsieur Safior, but on the opposite side.

I will say he certainly showed a lot of improvement in reeling it in as an Alt account, that was some real cringy shit to read through in his old comments.

Do we really need a "Why was (X) banned" thread for every single relatively known user..? Can we not have, like, a master thread of sorts for these where people can just ask or something..? We have master threads for far less relevant stuff, after all.

Lake: Shadow Legends wrote:

Me after getting banned

If I were to get banned for whatever reason, I’d probably shrug my shoulders and move on, or create an alt called Pokejoseph64 2 or something like that and admit that I must’ve fucked up somehow

Just a thought in case I get banned

JPM777 wrote:

I knew he wasnt a real psychologist, someone that asinine couldnt be giving out mental health advice

Nedhitis wrote:

Do we really need a "Why was (X) banned" thread for every single relatively known user..? Can we not have, like, a master thread of sorts for these where people can just ask or something..? We have master threads for far less relevant stuff, after all.

I hope I get one lol

"No! sent a dick pic to one of the mods in 2023 and his dick was way too small" something like that

No!! wrote:

I hope I get one lol

"No! sent a dick pic to one of the mods in 2023 and his dick was way too small" something like that

For reference: his dick is huge, we're just banning out of femboyish desire jealousy.

Talkie Toaster wrote:

"What happened to Talkie Toaster?"
"Banned for implanting MKULTRA sissy hypnosis in Neo Cortex images"

Lol, someone please make a photoshop of this

Last edited Nov 13, 2021 at 07:37AM EST

Chewybunny wrote:

Hole up, he was "YourHigherBrainFunctions"?

No, he wasn't YourHigherBrainFunctions. At least I don't think he was. Apologies. Perhaps I should have specified a bit more. He's not the guy in the image, he's the guy who posted it. The KEEMSTAR gnome shitting up the comment section and trying to argue that downvoting should be removed because it's being used to "censor" him.

There is literally a guide to textile guys. Ctrl+F “blockquote” copy/paste. Don’t be that user that quote responds to a several paragraph post just to add a single line response when an @username would suffice.

Congrats to JPM777. The fact a non-mod, who isn’t privy to other information which mods have access to, was able to get the correct answer should help show that this wasn’t somehow a fabrication.

Boy oh boy, OP actually honestly believes what they are posting.

TheHunter280 on Armchair Psychologist:

upstanding member

Calling him far right is an over statement, more like reasonable

a good man with great values

Toxic user whose type of behavior was driving others off of the site whose “self proclaimed centrism” was used as a shield to deflect criticism from complaining almost exclusively about "the left", particularly by reducing complex issues to the points that could most readily be mocked.
I can see why you liked them.

It is rather ironic that Armchair constantly complained about mods “being on discord and not the main site” when their type of behavior is part of why some of the most active members of the KYM community of the past decade left. Armchair made comments that often do have legitimate points with broadly agreeable (or at least sympathizable) components, but the attitude is extremely blunt, unnuanced, and oversimplifies things with a rather evident political bias. Attempts to call them out, or suggest a more nuanced interpretation are often seen as actively disagreeing with the broadly agreeable (or at least understandable) viewpoints.

Not that I want to get into a debate on this specific issue, but to highlight there isthis comment on an upload of Wrestler Jade Cargill cosplaying as BNHA’s Mirko. Spaztastic Man makes reference to Abby from TLOU as how “some feminists” think muscular women “should look”. Okay fine, more off topic than I would like but whatever, people in general have a variety of proportions and it’s okay if they don’t all fit a mold. Armchair quickly pivoted to “i dont know how anyone can use that greta thunberg on steroids for any kind of reference” in spite her body being modeled after athlete Colleen Fotsch. Do I really want to get into a public argument about diversity of human proportions on a cosplay image with someone who posted in support of a comment while ultimately being guilty of the very thing the initial comment was apparently against (people saying that muscular women “should look” a certain way)? I’d rather just avoid that conversation altogether.

TheHunter280 wrote:

but he never insulted anyone

This is both hilariously untrue and is clearly something not beneath you yourself.

TheHunter280 wrote:

He was active for years

This statement would imply that you knew that they were an alt.

TheHunter280 wrote:

I hope he'll be back soon.

Hey, I just noticed that you happen to use a lot of proxies. This combined with hoping a banned user would be back soon and claiming you knew Armchair was active on the site for years… i thought that was interesting.

TheHunter280 wrote:

The only reason

le only a Sith face
Assumptions stated as actual fact without caveat or possibility of reasonable alternatives, I can definitely see why you liked Armchair.

TheHunter280 wrote:

you (as the staff)

Mods are not and never have been staff. How can you make claim to know what's "really" going on and not know something this basic?

TheHunter280 wrote:

banned him was because

Again, props to JPM777's post. Honestly, I'm glad I wasn’t able to go into details when I firstposted. OP legitimately trying to invoke 1984 and assuming mods are automatically lying, and this time the “why was user x banned” thread will prove something other than users always jump to the worst conclusions means that actually making an in depth write up on this would have been a Sisyphean effort on my part.

TheHunter280 wrote:

he was a big head

If you mean in the “galaxy brain” meme way, sure.

TheHunter280 wrote:

you would think we won't notice or complain.

Considering that despite everyone of these “why was user banned threads” showing it actually wasn’t mod abuse, they really were banned for behavior, being an alt, pedophilia, etc., we keep having users make them with first assumption being mod abuse…

No, I can definitely say that I was expecting people to complain. “Definition of insanity” and what not. I was hoping the fact that I responded as soon as possible to the thread would have helped alleviate the accusations but somehow that apparently made things worse…

TheHunter280 wrote:

Again, these posts make so much more sense if you are being ironic. Even the way you write this line trying to assert you are “not being ironic” makes more sense being read as a shitpost.

TheHunter280 wrote:

No one cares? I don’t know why you feel the need to attempt to “defend” this, it was cited as supporting evidence of being an alt. You seem to act like somehow, of all things, this was the thing they got banned for.

TheHunter280 wrote:

Don't patronize him over -ist or -phobe, his grievance and his grammar

I don’t think that word means what you think it means.
Patronize: treat in a way that is apparently kind or helpful but that betrays a feeling of superiority.

I don’t think anyone would see most “ist’s” “-phobes” as something people would attempt to “treat in a way that is kind” unless they themselves supported these ideas. There’s nothing in JPM777’s post that I interpret as actually patronizing on any of these.

TheHunter280 wrote:

what he needed was words for him move on over his grief.

What he needed was to stop acting like he was an infallible authority and make reasonable assumptions that things are more complicated than what can be summed up in the most mockable bullet points.

TheHunter280 wrote:

THIS IS IN RESPONSE TO A POST THAT HIGHLIGHTS THEY MADE MULTIPLE ALTS TO A WEBSITE THEY WERE BANNED FROM TO CONTINUE THE SAME BEHAVIOR THAT GOT THEM BANNED IN THE FIRST PLACE. THAT IS THE OPPOSITE OF LEARNING FROM YOUR MISTAKES AND MAKING PROGRESS.

TheHunter280 wrote:

Anything else you might wanna add? You know, maybe to your previous post where you said “The only reason you (as the staff) banned him was because he was a big head and you would think we won't notice or complain.” No? For someone who claims to value learning from mistakes and making genuine progress from it, admitting your own I thought would be top priority.

Sanakan_ht wrote:

Have a label upon a banned user on why he was banned so that we don't get to see "Why was _____ banned" threads every week.

Okay but, do you honestly think that would have helped in this case? OP got the exact answer they asked for with an explanation, and their first thought was I was lying. Would the title “Banned: Alt of banned user” without any further explanation be something you reasonably expect them to believe at face value, or just further ingrain their perceived persecution complex?

Final note: Listen, this is sort of a difficult situation. Sometimes alts are extremely obvious (wow, an account was just created with an almost identical username and avatar of an account that was just banned). Lots of times, it isn’t super obvious, unless we actually know what to check. However, posting in detail on a public forum that anyone (including the banned user) can read feels like it is just providing a “how to” guide on circumventing a bans. As such, we are a bit hesitant to lay out exactly every detail that leads to a decision on determining alt accounts.

I definitely appreciate healthy skepticism that figures of any sort of authority are telling others the 100% accurate truth. This goes both for the “preventing authoritarianism” sense and the “the information may have been spoken accurately to the speaker’s knowledge, but the knowledge speaker was provided with was inaccurate/incomplete and/or new information has since come to light. However, the automatic presumption that the ultimate cause is “mod abuse” isn’t skepticism. An actual skeptic should be reserved both about someone being completely honestly accurate and completely deliberately lying.

Last edited Nov 13, 2021 at 11:14AM EST
. However, the automatic presumption that the ultimate cause is “mod abuse” isn’t skepticism.

Mods touch coom gallery once, and they create a narrative that mods are secretly out to get them all.

Steve wrote:

. However, the automatic presumption that the ultimate cause is “mod abuse” isn’t skepticism.

Mods touch coom gallery once, and they create a narrative that mods are secretly out to get them all.

No, it's because mods on websites are inherently abusive of that power, as they aren't held accountable

and you can mock people all you want but it was perfectly reasonable to be angry at the mods for locking a gallery for no reason and mocking the userbase for being angry about it

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

This thread was locked by an administrator.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hey! You must login or signup first!