Forums / Fun! / Just For Fun

320,709 total conversations in 9,942 threads

+ New Thread

Coffee snobs Unite!

Last posted May 22, 2018 at 03:34AM EDT. Added May 19, 2018 at 01:26PM EDT
7 posts from 4 users

So I'm one of those guys that refuses to buy coffee like Folgers because that shit tastes like boiled dirt, same goes for a lot of big name coffee brands.

This is for those who share my sentiment. A new blend i've been getting into is this one called donut shop blend by foster farms and it tastes amazing. What about you guys.

I will admit that I grind my own beans and utilize a french press instead of the drip. But one of these days, I will try my hand at cold-brewing and see how that tastes.

I am a fan of intense coffee, with a splash of milk, so I grind my own beans (I have this one favorite Indonesian single origin bean supplier). They also roast them right after the order is placed, it really amps up the flavor.

As for the methods of preparation, I have a trusty moka pot, Bialetti. Gives really strong espresso.

DeFACT0 wrote:

I will admit that I grind my own beans and utilize a french press instead of the drip. But one of these days, I will try my hand at cold-brewing and see how that tastes.

I need to start doing that too. I read somewhere that big name coffee brands cut there stuff with like wheat and barley (they apparently also found traces of dirt and wood).

TripleA9000 wrote:

I need to start doing that too. I read somewhere that big name coffee brands cut there stuff with like wheat and barley (they apparently also found traces of dirt and wood).

It's not even about the possible additions.

It is appealing because of two factors: first of all, the flavor is a tad more intense, as it was being contained inside of the bean. It really makes a difference. Secondly, different methods of brewing require different coarseness of the grind, creating huge bitterness. Store-bought ground coffee doesn't cut it for my moka pot, sadly.

TripleA9000 wrote:

I recommend it. If you got a blender, then you don't need a fancy coffee grinder. Also, when you are heating your water be sure it is not boiling or else you are going to burn your beans.

Last edited May 22, 2018 at 03:34AM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Yo Yo! You must login or signup first!