Forums / Fun! / Just For Fun

320,709 total conversations in 9,942 threads

+ New Thread

Obscure KYM history: MetalPon3's brief obsession with MLP and System of a Down

Last posted Jul 20, 2018 at 01:46AM EDT. Added Jun 21, 2018 at 10:40PM EDT
6 posts from 5 users

Or Jack the Dipper's even briefer obsession with his obsession.

MetalPon3… bizarre, subtle troll or genuine committed Brony/SoaD fan? It's hard to tell. I randomly found his images recently and decided to document his journey here for those who haven't seen it and possibly remind some who witnessed the madness as it transpired.

He joined on July 14, 2014. His current avatar (likely what it's always been) is a Nazified PONY.MOV Applejack.

Minutes after joining, he posted this GIF he made to the My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic gallery. It simply adds a headbanging Rainbow Dash to a Batmetal scene. He laid dormant for months, but this was an appetizer for his work to come.

(7 upvotes, 6 downvotes)

He returned October 24 to post 3 images, the first being a positively received (17 up, 1 down) Pregnancy Announcement edit of Ed, Edd n Eddy. The next 2 are the first references to his apparent favorite band SoaD, the first a GIF of Maud Pie complimenting Pinkie for listening to them and the second a GIF of Equestria Girls Rainbow Dash and Trixie playing guitar with SoaD's Toxicity album cover overlaid.

(4 up, 12 down; 0 up, 7 down)

The next day, he posted 18 images in MLP:FiM, 17 SoaD-related. The first 15 were simply the Toxicity cover with a different pony pasted onto each one. None has a single upvote and their downvotes range from 1 to 11.

He then opted for the hand from their self-titled first album's cover with Luna and a MLP night sky (1 up, 11 down).

His next image was actually well-received (39 up, 9 down): a GIF edit of the NSFW thumbnail with KYM-tan replaced by Luna.

However, he closed the day out with a return to form: a GIF of Celestia receiving a letter of the Toxicity cover (1 up, 8 down).

Comments on the slew of images were scant, but where they were present, they appropriately expressed annoyance and bewilderment. After posting them, he took to responding to some of the comments. In this thread alone he used Pokémon lyrics,

Montage Parody speak,

and threats on behalf of the metal community.

He also offered an explanation during this time.

These images were his last references to SoaD. He posted 5 more images in November:
1. MLG Invader Zim GIF (5 up, 0 down)
2. GIF killing Alex From Target in Battlefield (3 up, 8 down)
3. Anime girl holding Linkin Park's Hybrid Theory (0 up/down)
4. Exploitable template of previous (0 up/down)
5. "How would you react if Ed Edd n Eddy destroyed all the Bronies in the world?" (2 up, 4 down)

In all, he posted 27 images and 9 comments, the last being on January 10, 2015. I won't speculate on his motives or state of mind; I'll just let this speak for itself. I hope it was enjoyable.

Last edited Jun 21, 2018 at 11:10PM EDT
In all, he posted 27 images and 9 comments

You're like those marine biologists who only study single-celled seafloor-dwelling organisms. It's a thorough and impressive display of time and determination, but… why?

As long as nobody bullies/witchhunts, we fully support your micro-user-anthropology I guess.

Last edited Jun 21, 2018 at 11:03PM EDT

Doeoeod wrote:

In all, he posted 27 images and 9 comments

You're like those marine biologists who only study single-celled seafloor-dwelling organisms. It's a thorough and impressive display of time and determination, but… why?

As long as nobody bullies/witchhunts, we fully support your micro-user-anthropology I guess.

I don't plan on making this a series. I just thought his images were intriguing to say the least. I'm glad this has been mod-approved, because I was worried it may be against the rules.

Jack the Dipper wrote:

I don't plan on making this a series. I just thought his images were intriguing to say the least. I'm glad this has been mod-approved, because I was worried it may be against the rules.

"I don't plan on making this a series."
Damn.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Howdy! You must login or signup first!