Forums / Fun! / Just For Fun

320,709 total conversations in 9,942 threads

+ New Thread

What is the first thing you remember in your life?

Last posted Jun 16, 2019 at 10:21AM EDT. Added Jun 03, 2019 at 07:03AM EDT
14 posts from 14 users

"As far as I can remember" – we've heard that word many, many times. Now how about we answer to it for once?

The earliest thing I can clearly remember in my life is celebrating my 4th birthday, but before that I don't know anything

Most of my early memories involved me inside my mom's car, probably because I hated it. Because of that, the earliest memory dates back to when I was 1-2 years old. (I'm pretty certain I couldn't Walk yet, so leaning towards 1.)

I was strapped into a car seat and driving home, we where passing by the Target on Blue Ravine Road in Folsom at the time. I was quite distressed, crying out "Why Me!?" over and over. Given my mom doesn't actually seem to recall me actually saying that, I must have been simply crying with that intent because I was strapped into the car seat.

For a very long time I was absolutely convinced that moment was a post-reincarnation meltdown I was having, and I was sobbing over losing some past life I was getting the memories stripped from me. Not so certain anymore but it's fun to think about.

Last edited Jun 03, 2019 at 09:26AM EDT

Probably the earliest memories I've ever been able to recall are one of learning to read a children's book involving some animal, and another of running to my father while crying. Both of them are just memories of remembering them now.

My earliest is most likely my dad carrying me into the a hospital room to meet my newborn little sister. Dunno much right after that besides seeing my mom on a hospital bed, I'm just making a logical assumption.

Going as far back as I can, I remember often visiting a town called Las Cieneguitas with my parents. Nearby the house where we were staying, there was a wodden fence made of sticks intertwined by barbed wire.

The landscape was desertic, or at least it looked very desertic; for my age (I mustn't have been more than 3), my surroundings seemed dry and colossal. Anyway, there were mounds of sand scattered around. I remember climbing one of those mounds and playing with the sand for a while. Sometimes, if I had a crystal bottle with me, I poured all the sand I could fit in.

Last edited Jun 03, 2019 at 07:08PM EDT

This may be a "fake memory" constructed by my brain, but I believe it would be when I was three years old, all I remember was being inside a small store with my mom and my grandma (my mom's mom). And I'm pretty sure my grandma was wearing an olive green t-shirt.

My dad had just gotten back from taking the cat, named Wilson, to the vet to be euthanized. He was bringing the body in through the front door and I was freaking out because my kitty-friend was dead.
My parents tell me there I no way I actually remember that because I was only two, but oh, I do remember.

Now I own a cat, a cat skull, a full cat skeleton, a painting of a dead antelope, work in the funeral industry, and am a furry. Sometimes I wonder if there isn't some connection here…

I was being held by my parents in our old crusty apartment, being creeped out by this painting made by my dad of Spawn welding a lightsaber.
I believe I was at least 3-4, and my dad still has that painting of Spawn with him, looks badass now that I'm not scared of it.

It was on the open air, at daylight. I was in a car, in the back of the car. Dad was with me. I'm not sure if there was a party or something, but there was hotdogs and stuff being served, maybe, through the street, I'm not sure.

Another one was in a gas station… I took a cone of water, and filled it, uh… yeah I think I filled a cone with water. Also, my dad was with me, I think mom was with me as well.

Its a haze. I live in a haze nowadays.

My earliest childhood memories I can recall are me at my grandparents' house.

I think the earliest memory I have is of me helping helping my grandfather in his garden. I have clear images in my head of tall stalks of corn and a wheelbarrow.

My grandfather passed away when I was real young, I think he passed away before my brother and sister were born so I have to have been around 2 at the time.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hey! You must login or signup first!