Forums / Discussion / Meme Research

30,826 total conversations in 4,532 threads

+ New Thread

The #notyourshield hashtag

Last posted Sep 05, 2014 at 03:30AM EDT. Added Sep 03, 2014 at 10:06AM EDT
4 posts from 4 users

Okay, this hashtag has its roots in the Quinnspiracy/Gamergate debacle, as a way for minorities to speak up against this, as well as tell gaming journalists to stop using minorities/women as a means of deflecting the issue at large. It originated in this particular thread. I will quote the conversation;

"WHO /MINORITY/ HERE? I'm like 2/3 of the things these faggots say they are fighting for, and when I engage them on Twitter (WITH MY FUCKING PERSONAL ACCOUNT) they ignore me. Jesus Christ this is getting frustrating, I might as well be a white male for these faggots."

"Something like
>#NotYourShield
And demand the SJWs stop using you as a shield to deflect genuine criticism"

Currently, it is having a great effect on Twitter and tumblr, and I felt that it deserves an article for extra visibility.

As much as I hate hashtag articles, I felt that this one could use the KYM oomph.

And I want SJWs to suffer trying to comprehend this.

Here is an article at One Angry Gamer discussing the hashtag.

Last edited Sep 03, 2014 at 10:10AM EDT

I'm bi, trans mtf and half puerto rican and I totally 100% believe that this deserves it's own entry. Why? Cause SJW have been pulling this crud for years. To them glbt and minorities are nothing more than their meat shield to prevent them from themselves from being criticized.
+1 confirm

There currently is a section added about it in the Gamersgate entry, but if you believe there's notable spread that goes outside of the Gamersgate event, then sure give it a seperate entry.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

O HAI! You must login or signup first!