Forums / Discussion / Meme Research

30,826 total conversations in 4,532 threads

+ New Thread

t.

Last posted Apr 11, 2015 at 06:08PM EDT. Added Mar 31, 2015 at 02:40PM EDT
9 posts from 6 users

I'm starting to see a lot of replies on imageboards featuring the "t." bit. I guess it's related to programing in a way. Anyone knows what it is all about?

Ok, I found that "t." is most likely shorthand for terveisin, which is Finnish for "with regards". Seems to come from Ylilauta and it has popped around quite a bit on imageboards.
However, this one is really hard to track down, let alone find examples.

Yeah, t. is very likely referencing "with regards".

I've seen the "Regards Uncle Dolan" often in Dolan images, and often in finnish web, t. is used to connect a sentence to a character in a mildly humorous way. I've seen some streamers use it from time to time. I don't go to Ylilauta myself, so I can't say much about its usage there.

Maybe the popularity of Dolan has paved the way for the success of using t. outside the finnish web, if it indeed shows up elsewere? I really can't say for sure.

It's a dank Finnish way of "signing" one's posts. It means, "with regards" and is used to sign letters. It got widely used outside Finland in Dolan and Spurdo comics, as well as every /int/ board on a chan because of the large Finnish presence those boards attract.

t. Coolface

Papa Coolface wrote:

It's a dank Finnish way of "signing" one's posts. It means, "with regards" and is used to sign letters. It got widely used outside Finland in Dolan and Spurdo comics, as well as every /int/ board on a chan because of the large Finnish presence those boards attract.

t. Coolface

no that's completely wrong.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Namaste! You must login or signup first!