Forums / Discussion / Meme Research

30,826 total conversations in 4,532 threads

+ New Thread

What level of "Dead" is acceptable to upload.

Last posted Nov 02, 2020 at 12:36PM EST. Added Nov 01, 2020 at 05:01PM EST
3 posts from 3 users

Hi Guys, got a bit of an odd question for you today.

So I'm currently going through colourised history photos because I find them really interesting and I've stumbled upon an issue where some of the more interesting or provocative images have dead people clearly in view.

Now this sort of stuff doesn't bother me too much, but because this is a predominantly American site, I don't really know how you guys are with death in general, so I don't know where the line is drawn.

It really doesn't help that we have images like this which makes me think you guys are more tolerant of death than I think you are:

Hopefully this helps illustrate why I might be a bit uncertain of where the line is when it comes to actual, living people.

If anyone could tell me or provide examples of things that are close to the line, just so I know how far I can go, I'd really appreciate it.

If it vaguely shows someone dying, whatever slap it with the NSFW label and call it a day. We're not that picky.

If it shows exactly how they're dying, it had better be really relevant to the entry you're uploading to. Things like gore/gruesome death/suicide come to mind. Remember: dying is funnier than already-dead, which is why we can post images like this but not the "after" shot.

Or if you're not sure just ask mods. We're in the Discord server.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Sup! You must login or signup first!