Forums / Fun! / Memeory Lane

63,534 total conversations in 189 threads

Locked Locked
[Riff-Raff] good fffriggin comment (gamer gate edition)

Last posted Feb 24, 2016 at 09:38PM EST. Added Oct 15, 2014 at 01:56PM EDT
426 posts from 74 users

I was going to make a screenshot compilation of the entire comments section, but 13,170 comments would probably make the image size >1 GB. GG already has 58% of the amount of comments MLP has with only about 6% of the views. That's all accumulated in just over 3 months time which is approximately between a 500% and 700% faster growth rate over pone. At this rate we'll be at good fffriggin comment (gamer gate edition v4.0) by this time in 2015.

Anyways, how 2 loose your job in a nutshell:

lol

To me, the actual GG article seems relatively neutral, but there are several unprotected articles relating to it, such as Briannu Wu, Anita Sar-whatever her name is, and Zoe Quinn’s that are being edited consistently by anti-GG to spread hate. There needs to be an edit-war over these so wikipedia mediates it and locks them.

>There needs to be an edit-war over these so wikipedia mediates it and locks them.
>edit-war
>mfw

madcat wrote:

From the Actually It's About Ethics article:

WOW, racism and homophobia

#StopGamerGators

"guise, the mods are tumblurians, shills (epic /pol/speak) are among us"

Last edited Oct 25, 2014 at 11:42AM EDT

The "Actually it's about ethics" comment section is an absolute goldmine for this thread, but I think this one might be my favorite so far.

Muffinlicious wrote:

I am a bit worried by the fact that someone nearly had a panic attack over a comedian disagreeing with their cause.

whoa, gamergators are mentally ill? who would have thought?

GG is like political party. They have good ideas and they are doing this shit for a good purpose but just like political parties, there is always THAT bunch of people who are EXTREMELLY attached to what the party stands for..and not agreeing with them just pisses them off.
Layman terms, you got the good guy who wants things to change and the "OMG UR NOT A GAMER #NOTYOURSHIELD I BET U LIEK KOTAKU FGT" dude who believes that GamerGate is this generation french revolution or something.

Last edited Oct 30, 2014 at 09:02PM EDT

Slutty Sam wrote:

I am beyond done with GG now. I was already done for a while, it's just I am now above done.

Apparently disagreeing with GG makes you not a reel gheymur

(By the way, could a mod perhaps take a screencap of the first reply and edit it in here? I'm clueless when it comes to that. Just remove this when done, thx.)

In the future, use the snipping tool (just search for it in your programs) to take a properly sized screencap. Then you can just head over to imgur or any other image hosting site and upload the screencap. That'll give you a url you can embed.

Crimeariver wrote:

In the future, use the snipping tool (just search for it in your programs) to take a properly sized screencap. Then you can just head over to imgur or any other image hosting site and upload the screencap. That'll give you a url you can embed.

Or use the printscreen button and throw it in Paint.

Suspended wrote:

GG is like political party. They have good ideas and they are doing this shit for a good purpose but just like political parties, there is always THAT bunch of people who are EXTREMELLY attached to what the party stands for..and not agreeing with them just pisses them off.
Layman terms, you got the good guy who wants things to change and the "OMG UR NOT A GAMER #NOTYOURSHIELD I BET U LIEK KOTAKU FGT" dude who believes that GamerGate is this generation french revolution or something.

you can find a lot of that in the comments section

As A Pro-GGer, I find these comments purely hilarious. I also find it quite sad that both sides aren't able to discuss this issue without negativity. Meanwhile, keep this thread going. It feels good to laugh at both sides….

The funniest thing is, if you're an anti-GG in KYM you get downvoted. But, being an anti-GGin Cheezburger the most problematic comment section I ever seen its fairly neutral.

(Yeah I know it's not a KYM comment but hey, it's something that I must tell you guys)

Joseph Zenizhiv Green wrote:

The funniest thing is, if you're an anti-GG in KYM you get downvoted. But, being an anti-GGin Cheezburger the most problematic comment section I ever seen its fairly neutral.

(Yeah I know it's not a KYM comment but hey, it's something that I must tell you guys)

Don't worry, Cheezburger is still autistic in other areas.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

This thread was locked by an administrator.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Howdy! You must login or signup first!