Forums / Fun! / Memeory Lane

63,534 total conversations in 189 threads

Locked Locked
[Video Games] Is Nintendo the most hated Video game company?

Last posted Mar 13, 2015 at 03:17PM EDT. Added Jan 21, 2015 at 06:05AM EST
31 posts from 26 users

This post has been hidden due to low karma.
Click here to show this post.

I've noticed that Nintendo gets tons, and I mean tons, of hate, check out the comment sections for most Nintendo related videos on youtube, check the comment section on Nintendo articles on IGN's website, the comment section on Nintendo articles on gamespot etc…..
Recently Angry Joe (youtuber) uploaded a video about how he hates Nintendo's youtube policies, I agreed with him. the comments on his video were nasty, "Nintendo is shit", "Nintendo deserves to die, fuck them", "I hope Nintendo dies, they are irrelevant in the console business, or at least put their IPs on a better console" etc…..
but it's not just angry joe, on almost every video I watch on youtube that simply mentions Nintendo, there is tons of haters in the comments, and it is fucking annoying.

I actually do believe that Nintendo is the most hated video game company on the planet, even more than Ubisoft and EA (people even defend these companies for releasing broken games, and then shit on Nintendo constantly), what a world we live in. I don't know how Nintendo is going to find success with all this hate, it is unbearable, me as a Nintendo fan, I hate seeing Nintendo getting all this hate, this hate may be coming from Sony fanboys, Xbox fanboys and PC elitists, but it feels like everyone hates Nintendo these days.

what do you guys think? (I said hate so many times lol).

Last edited Jan 21, 2015 at 06:06AM EST

Legendarylankman wrote:

I've noticed that Nintendo gets tons, and I mean tons, of hate, check out the comment sections for most Nintendo related videos on youtube, check the comment section on Nintendo articles on IGN's website, the comment section on Nintendo articles on gamespot etc…..
Recently Angry Joe (youtuber) uploaded a video about how he hates Nintendo's youtube policies, I agreed with him. the comments on his video were nasty, "Nintendo is shit", "Nintendo deserves to die, fuck them", "I hope Nintendo dies, they are irrelevant in the console business, or at least put their IPs on a better console" etc…..
but it's not just angry joe, on almost every video I watch on youtube that simply mentions Nintendo, there is tons of haters in the comments, and it is fucking annoying.

I actually do believe that Nintendo is the most hated video game company on the planet, even more than Ubisoft and EA (people even defend these companies for releasing broken games, and then shit on Nintendo constantly), what a world we live in. I don't know how Nintendo is going to find success with all this hate, it is unbearable, me as a Nintendo fan, I hate seeing Nintendo getting all this hate, this hate may be coming from Sony fanboys, Xbox fanboys and PC elitists, but it feels like everyone hates Nintendo these days.

Yeah, it's bias. It sucks IMMENSELY.

I disagree, Nintendo is loved as well much more. I think too much, so many of their fans are caught up on the latest Nintenwank (Sequel/Remakes of a long series or some shitty new useless toy collectible).

Infact I'd say it's the opposite outside youtube, where Nintendo can get away with shit other companies get insulted to hell and back for. I rarely see Nintendo hate or even criticism because of their diehard fans that will fuck you up if you criticize the newest HD remake of a game.

>Comment sections on Youtube and IGN
There's your problem.

If every gamer in the world were to fill out a form selecting what company they hated the most, and Nintendo came out with a worse result than EA, Ubisoft, or anyone else shitty, I will cook up, and serve with chips, vegetables and gravy, my own hat – once I had eaten a lovely starter of hat soup with a loaf of hat bread – and after that, have a wondrous desert of chocolate and hat ice cream drizzled in hat sauce.

Then have an after dinner hat coffee.

Hey, I am a bit of a PC Elitest myself, and I would rather play one of the many Super Mario Bros rehash games over and over than play one minute of some of the messes Ubisoft has made like AC Unity.
I don't think I need to say add anything about EA. Fuck them.
At least Nintendo has Pokemon ORAS.

The problem i have with nintendo is really the fanbase rather than the company itself. i had some issues with several 3DS users who constantly bashes PSVITA owners on gamespot. It really comes back to my disgust towards the idea of the console wars.

Last edited Jan 21, 2015 at 11:12AM EST

This is giving me deja vu of the "Game Theory killed Mario" thread we had a while back.

EDIT: No wonder, same OP.

Last edited Jan 21, 2015 at 11:14AM EST

The answer is no. I went up searching the most hated video game company and the most of the results said that it was EA.

Nintendo (from what have I seen) is one of the more respected one.

(Don't trust Youtube comments. Rarely you will find a good comment on Youtube)

Legendarylankman wrote:

>IGN
>YOUTUBE COMMENTS
>TOO MUCH NINTENDO 7.8 IGN
but seriously
is the haters always is going be there becuase they have to do that pathetic thing in every fanbase has haters there is xbox haters,sony haters and pc haters and the fanboys is always are going to do that and even a trolls do that to for make good baits that why i ignore those idiots if you like the psvita ok your opinion or like something someone like xbox one is ok but don't bash another people if you don't like it example i hate Digimon and never talk about that if you like it is ok your opinion and ign is the worst place for read comments

Samekichi Kiseki wrote:

The problem i have with nintendo is really the fanbase rather than the company itself. i had some issues with several 3DS users who constantly bashes PSVITA owners on gamespot. It really comes back to my disgust towards the idea of the console wars.

The only good thing about those wars was that they inspired Hyperdimension Neptunia.

On-topic. I don't think that Nintendo is the most hated console (that would be Micro$oft) or game (Ubi$oft, EA, Capcom and whatever published Gone Home would be better contenders). If that was the case they would have died out with the Gamecube and Mario, Zelda and Pokemon wouldn't be as iconic as they are today.

The only people I know would hate on Nintendo would be PS fanboys and tumblrites that get "triggered" by seeing Mario's mustache. and this is coming from a guy who has a PS3 and a 3DS

Last edited Jan 21, 2015 at 04:35PM EST

First of all, no.

Second, there's a big difference between troll-ish hate because it's popular to hate on Nintendo because they don't have the newest gray M-rated games and weaker specs, and genuine hate.

EA, Capcom and Ubisoft get much more genuine hate.

Lastly, first the Mario Gametheory shit and now this, OP?

Yeah, YouTube and middle school are basically the only places you can find super "militant" Nintendo haters. Anywhere else they're almost overrated (says the person who thinks they're the best game company ever, but I admit). Like people have said, EA, Ubisoft, and C®apcom (the name is pretty popular which just shows the hate even more) are all pretty universally hated. Nintendo is close to the top in praise nowadays.

EDIT: Like I was just on Amazon right now not signed in and with no cookies on my computer (to prevent personal search bias) and like 4 out of 5 of the products in the "Most Wished for In Video Games" section are Nintendo things.

Last edited Jan 21, 2015 at 06:16PM EST

Nintendo is far, far from being the most hated game company. The only actual hate I see Nintendo get is over a few things, mainly YouTube issues (which I'm not sure if it's actually Nintendo's fault or Youtube's.) and some of their backwards practices (no cross-buy on virtual console and shortage on Amiibo and limited editions). Other than that I can't think of any other game company that has as much dedicated gamers and loyalists as well as an immense amount of fan work like art, fan fics, Nintendo themed food, etc..
And has others said the big three third party publishers get way more hate than Nintendo. Whether it be EA with killing franchises with micro-transactions and gutted gameplay for DLC (Dungeon Keeper and Dragon Age 2), Activision with milking franchises until they rot (Guitar Hero and Tony Hawk), and Ubisoft (Almost everything they did last year and U-Play).

Jersey Jimmy wrote:

Which is shocking, considering being worse than Comcast might actually be one of the seven deadly sins.

No, but it is a prime example of Greed, which actually is one of the Seven Deadly Sins.

Tupolev Tu-22M Backfire wrote:

The answer is no. I went up searching the most hated video game company and the most of the results said that it was EA.

Nintendo (from what have I seen) is one of the more respected one.

(Don't trust Youtube comments. Rarely you will find a good comment on Youtube)

Exactly. The idea that you are using Youtube (Known for rivaling Yahoo in stupidity in the comments) and IGN (8.5/10 too much water ring a bell? Honestly only go there for guides or if you want to hear EA pat themselves on the back for COD) as your sources shows a clear bias. All companies have their fanboys, but Nintendo really doesn't get as much hate like Sony v. Microsoft battles do, simply because Nintendo does their own thing, makes their own UNIQUE (squids, smash, etc.) and don't encroach on the saturated market of sports, cars, and guns that Sony and Microsoft desperately battle for. Thus no, not by a long shot.
(Ubisoft, EA)
valve for not releasing HL3

Last edited Jan 28, 2015 at 10:35PM EST

Legendarylankman wrote:

I thought Nintendo was the most hated company, guess I was wrong.

Other than a few trolls and fanboys, I actually don't see a lot of hate on Nintendo. Yes, they've made several bad decisions recently, but I don't have much of a problem with them. Hell, they stand alongside Valve and Bethesda as one of my favorite game companies. The only reasons people hate Nintendo is because they rarely release M rated games, and their systems aren't as powerful as the XB1, or the PS4.

First of all, can we please stop downvoting people who say Nintendo is a hated company? Sure, it's far from true, but it's unnecessary…

And second of all…. To paraphrase what everyone else has said, Nintendo is not the most hated company, and comment sections, especially the Youtube one, is a horrible way to judge a fanbase. Comment sections (and the Internet in general) is where you will find the most passionate and out spoken haters, whether it's Nintendo haters, or Sony haters, or Religion haters, or Atheism haters… Those sort of people flock to the Internet like moths to a lamppost. Their attracted to it's anonymity.

I dont think Nintendo is the most hated company. However I feel like they're the ones that make the most ass backward decisions.

Examples- Still dont have a very convenient online setup. Local coop in games is fine, but when they include Online systems they always seem archaic in weird. Like adding friends on my 3DS/Wii U. Most things just send a friend request, only one code needs to be given (Like if you post it online looking for friends or whatever) but with Nintendo you need to exchange them or else one person doesnt get you on their list.

The most recent mind boggling decision was to not include a charger with the N3DS. Why? This was the most idiotic thing ever, especially when you consider that it doesn't even say "Does not include charger" on the box. Now sure, a lot of people probably did research so they got one before hand, or they had a 3DS and just used that charger. But what about young kids who asked their parents for one and then bam, find out they need a charger.

None of their reasoning made any sense "We wanted to give people the option to use an old charger, or just buy a new one" or something along those lines, correct me if Im wrong. How is that an option? I can either already have a charger, or give you 10 more dollars. You could have just made the N3DS like 225 dollars and called it square.

I dont hate Nintendo but I really scratch my head at a lot of the things they do.

The only thing dumb about the charger thing is that it's not clear if you're an uninformed customer.

The idea itself is great. I have a DSi and a 3DS, so if I were to buy a n3DS, I would have 3 chargers in total. Combined with my brother, we have 6, all compatible.

I'd rather not pay for a charger I have no use for. That money could go towards a game, or could pay for a full eShop or VC game.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

This thread was locked by an administrator.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Greetings! You must login or signup first!