Forums / Fun! / Memeory Lane

63,534 total conversations in 189 threads

Locked Locked
[Announcements] KYMpalooza Tagging Festival

Last posted Jun 23, 2016 at 08:20PM EDT. Added May 31, 2016 at 01:25PM EDT
211 posts from 73 users

Event is over! Click here for results!
-

Hello memers, and welcome to our brand new tagging event! Seeing how our untagged images area got recently updated the KYM moderation team wants to take this chance to encourage tagging even more, in this event you will be rewarded for adding proper tags to untagged/poorly tagged images and/or videos, the prizes will depend on how much individual tagging is done during the week

The event will start on June 6th and end on June 13th lasting a week.

• How to participate?

Simple, you need to have scrapbooker powers, which allows you to edit already uploaded images, then post in this thread that you're willing to participate, don't have those and you still wish to participate? Scrapbooker powers can be obtained by uploading 100 images to our site. (Moderators can participate too, by the way)

• I Don't Have Scrapbooker Powers! What Do I Do?

It's cool if you can't reach Scrapbooker until the start of the event, just post in here alongside mentioning you don't have the powers, and you will get them for the event.

• Rules:

- No barebones tags: We will closely moderate the edits; any participant who is caught adding a single tag, random/irrelevant text, opinions and commentaries in the tags field will be disqualified. We are looking for images to be more easily searchable by the site's engine. (The minimum number of tags is 3) Here's a great guide to get started on good tagging

- No editing your own images/videos over and over again: Might be obvious but don't do this just to increase your edit number, it's fairly easy to find out when users are doing this and you will be disqualified immediately.

- No Booru-like tagging: This goes hand in hand with the barebones tags rule, using words like "ass", tits", "thighs" or similar as tags won't count, and will probably get you disqualified.

- DON'T remove useful tags: This should be pretty obvious, but doing it will get you disqualified as well.

• What do I win from all of this?
    The prizes will be special tagging badges, depending on how many edits are done within the week, and there's a posibility for the exceedingly good contestants to receive some spicy extra prizes along with the badge. Good luck!

(Kudos to MedleyManiac for the badge design)

Any questions? Post 'em in here

Last edited Jun 21, 2016 at 02:46PM EDT

tino768 wrote:

If tagging is so important, and there are a lot of images still untagged, why not let any user tag any image?

I think it's a protection against vandalism. A scrapbooker / a user who has the time, effort and actual motivation to upload 50 images (that aren't rule breaking) is generally more trustworthy then some new user who joined a day ago. If all users were allowed to tag, then there's a pretty good chance for trolls to take advantage of this and delete good tags and add bad ones.

TL;DR it's there to stop malicious users

Last edited May 31, 2016 at 02:15PM EDT

TripleA9000 wrote:

One big problem with this, are images that have been added to the newsfeed. We aren't allowed to tamper with those images. So they should probably be removed from that list.

Only way to remove those from the list is to tag them, this was the main reason the untagged images area got revamped, before it showed just 1 image and if you happened to not know how to tag it you basically hit a wall, it's not really a major issue since there are plenty of other choices to go to, if you find any of these images you can't tag you could PM a mod to get it tagged and have one more space in the list

Also, I need to know, are you participating?

TripleA9000 wrote:

One big problem with this, are images that have been added to the newsfeed. We aren't allowed to tamper with those images. So they should probably be removed from that list.

Moderators are able to edit those. Just post them in here with the tags you wish to add and a mod will get to it.

I guess I'll participate.

Last edited May 31, 2016 at 04:44PM EDT

Lutien wrote:

I think it's a protection against vandalism. A scrapbooker / a user who has the time, effort and actual motivation to upload 50 images (that aren't rule breaking) is generally more trustworthy then some new user who joined a day ago. If all users were allowed to tag, then there's a pretty good chance for trolls to take advantage of this and delete good tags and add bad ones.

TL;DR it's there to stop malicious users

100 images, not 50.

I'm in.

MiloticExalted wrote:

I can participate, can't say how active I'll actually be though. Finals and such.

Life expectations < Memesite tags

I'll be happy to help out in any way I can.

(I don't have Scrapbooking powers yet, unfortunately, but my offer still stands.)

Last edited May 31, 2016 at 05:28PM EDT

MiloticExalted wrote:

I can participate, can't say how active I'll actually be though. Finals and such.

Obviously meme badges and custom silly titles are more important than real achievements. Set your priorities up :^)

btw I'm in, someone needs to prevent Asdfghjkl from getting the first place and the secret and juicy prize that comes with it

Last edited May 31, 2016 at 05:37PM EDT

Z. wrote:

Obviously meme badges and custom silly titles are more important than real achievements. Set your priorities up :^)

btw I'm in, someone needs to prevent Asdfghjkl from getting the first place and the secret and juicy prize that comes with it

I'm on board because I'll do anything to deny Asdfghjkl after the fucking 1111111 get

I might as well take the chance to actually do something useful in this site for once. I'm in.

Since I don't have many images uploaded, I don't have the Scrapbooker status, so…

Requesting Scrapbooker status?

Last edited May 31, 2016 at 06:49PM EDT

(I had scrapbook-er this entire time lmao)

I'm in my friend

edit: I tried editing some of the stuff, quite alot of the stuff I tried to edit, and it brings up pic related

Last edited May 31, 2016 at 07:25PM EDT

CUPS wrote:

(I had scrapbook-er this entire time lmao)

I'm in my friend

edit: I tried editing some of the stuff, quite alot of the stuff I tried to edit, and it brings up pic related

This happened because you tried to edit a frontpaged image (Only moderators can do that)

I'm in, it'll help me do better on my own images. Also, looking at some of the images its amazing that they have no tags. I mean really, no tags on a Mario image? Finally, what is with the ruined childhood entry and untagged images?

Last edited Jun 01, 2016 at 01:10AM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

This thread was locked by an administrator.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hey! You must login or signup first!