Forums / Media / Moving Images

18,566 total conversations in 823 threads

+ New Thread

Alan Moore Calls Out The Film "Hercules" on Behalf of Friend

Last posted Jul 18, 2014 at 12:13AM EDT. Added Jul 17, 2014 at 08:01PM EDT
5 posts from 3 users

Link

The film looked shitty anyway. But now we have reason not to see it. I imagine a legendary comic book writer who is loved by all the comic book community and has written what has been considered one of the best graphic novels of all time (Watchmen) is going to sway some people.

damn, welp looks like i can add this to the list of movies to never watch. But if i'm not mistaken doesn't this shit happen all time, ya know, someones creation being taken from them and them receiving little to no credit for it. But i guess that's just showbiz

A little unrelated, but still on the film.

You know what bothers me, it's spelled Hēraklēs, or Heracles at least. Hercules is the Roman spelling. Also, the Gods did not kill Heracle's family, he did. It was his temporarily insanity that killed his wife and children.

No film nowadays is going to have an accurate representation of an ancient myth. I don't expect them to, documentaries do and are far more entertaining for me. But to fabricate stories and to turn a myth into a CGI action film makes me turn away.

Gary wrote:

A little unrelated, but still on the film.

You know what bothers me, it's spelled Hēraklēs, or Heracles at least. Hercules is the Roman spelling. Also, the Gods did not kill Heracle's family, he did. It was his temporarily insanity that killed his wife and children.

No film nowadays is going to have an accurate representation of an ancient myth. I don't expect them to, documentaries do and are far more entertaining for me. But to fabricate stories and to turn a myth into a CGI action film makes me turn away.

but wasn't it hera who made him go insane

TripleA9000 wrote:

but wasn't it hera who made him go insane

…

Darn. It's been a while since I went into Greek history and mythology, so I may be wrong.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Sup! You must login or signup first!